30’s Ramblings

Reaction score
Damn bro. Great work and logging. I suck at logging and protein intake lol... keep killing it!
Keeps me on track if I lay it all out for the world to see. Plus some day when I look like Jay Cutler I’ll look back on this and reminisce being fat and weak lol!

Reaction score
Ah leg day. I came into the gym with good intentions, but my shoulder let me know quick that squats just weren’t really on the menu today. I don’t know why but holding the bar today was insanely painful. Here’s what I did before shutting it down.

Squats:
2 bar only warm up sets
135x15-2 sets
225x12-2 sets.
Thats it. It sucked too much to keep going. This is the only time this week that the shoulder was an issue.

Leg press:decided to just rep the shit out of this
2 plates per side-
1 set of 20
1 set of 26
1 set of 25
1 set of 25
1 set of 17

Leg extension:
5 sets to complete failure. More than 15, less than 30. Short rest in between.
I’m very disappointed in this workout. I walk in with the mindset of squatting a world record (obviously and exaggeration), and the first set of 135 reminds me that my legs have less strength than that of an aids patient. It’s my own fault, I’ve not trained them in years, but it’s very irritating. I’ve got to figure out a program to get some real strength in them.

30 mins on the stepper. Gave it all I’ve got as I’m pretty pissed about this training session.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Ah leg day. I came into the gym with good intentions, but my shoulder let me know quick that squats just weren’t really on the menu today. I don’t know why but holding the bar today was insanely painful. Here’s what I did before shutting it down.

Squats:
2 bar only warm up sets
135x15-2 sets
225x12-2 sets.
Thats it. It sucked too much to keep going. This is the only time this week that the shoulder was an issue.

Leg press:decided to just rep the shit out of this
2 plates per side-
1 set of 20
1 set of 26
1 set of 25
1 set of 25
1 set of 17

Leg extension:
5 sets to complete failure. More than 15, less than 30. Short rest in between.
I’m very disappointed in this workout. I walk in with the mindset of squatting a world record (obviously and exaggeration), and the first set of 135 reminds me that my legs have less strength than that of an aids patient. It’s my own fault, I’ve not trained them in years, but it’s very irritating. I’ve got to figure out a program to get some real strength in them.

30 mins on the stepper. Gave it all I’ve got as I’m pretty pissed about this training session.
Was it the stepper or stairclimber?

Reaction score
Yesterday’s macros:
Protein:280g
Carb:241g
Fat:91g
Total calories:2919. Got up this morning and did 30 mins on the stationary bike. I’ve got a ton of drywall work to do today, that’s all that’s on the schedule.

Reaction score
Yesterday’s macros:
Protein-267g
Carb-212g
Fat-117g
Total calories-2969. Spent the majority of the day working on hanging dryway, playing with the kid, and hanging with the dogs. Now it’s time for cheat breakfast!

Oh yeah, hopped on the scale for the **** of it. 255. So Christmas didn’t kill me too bad. New Year’s Eve will do a little damage but shouldn’t be too bad.

Reaction score
And we are back like Cadillac seats! Resigned from my job Monday morning, start with the new company Monday the 7th. Still working on something else so that’s all subject to change. Anyway, my pops joined me Monday for chest, that was a blast. He’s 63 and still getting it in. We don’t train together often, schedules never match up but when we can we do. He trains 3-4 days a week still. We killed it, he pushed me and I try to kill him. Just a great workout.

So Sunday I ate pretty shitty, huge breakfast and a garbage plate for dinner. Monday was good, but had a big prime rib dinner and dessert. Had a beer. Tuesday I ate blah. Got my protein in but had shitty carbs. It was all planned, today back to normal. But what I’ve been noticing is going all week in a calorie deficit I look deflated. I feel.....saggy? I don’t know but I just feel small. After a few days of eating more, I feel solid. Big. I think starting now I’m going back up to TDEE. Run that for 4 weeks and see how it goes. Keep up the cardio, keep tracking meals, keep it all controlled, but eat 3700 or so cals a day and see where I land. POB has offered his services to me and I’m going to try to maximize whatever it is he has in store. Pretty excited about 2019....

Up at 5:30 this morning, got my son ready for school and watched him get on the bus. Kind of a sad moment. Came home and hopped in the hot tub for some therapy, ate some food, played with the mutts. Got ready and off to the gym at 10:00 am. That’s different lol. Place is dead empty. I love it.

Triceps:
Close grip bench (my close grip is close, maybe 4” between my hands)
2 sets warm up bar only
135x15-2 sets
225x10-4 sets
135x21-1 set, to failure

Incline bench skull crushers-
65x23-1 set
75x19-1 set
85x15-1 set
100x8-1 set

Machine dips-
Full stack-15 reps-4 sets

Cable work-various sets/reps with straight bar and rope.

Dumbbell hammer curls-
Run the rack up and back down

30 mins on the stair stepper

I feel ****in great.

Reaction score
They 10’s but I keep em clean
sShd4d3.jpg

Reaction score
Yesterday’s macros:
Protein-313g
Carb-309g
Fat-143g
Total calories 3786. Gonna ride this out for a month and see where we go.

Reaction score
Ah another beautiful day (not really, cold as balls out). Spent most of yesterday working on the crib and I put new ujoints in honky lips (all my vehicles have names). Started mudding all the fresh drywall, hung concrete board on the new fireplace framework. Starting to see the light at the end of this long ass home addition tunnel. Fell asleep watching family guy, my favorite episode when Stewie takes steroids.

Up at 530, straightened up the crib. Got the boy up and ready for school. I’m horrible at domestic stuff, the whole thing is unnecessarily stressful. He loves honky lips so we drove that down to the bus stop. Came back home and got some hot tub therapy. Now it’s time to get my swole on! Today’s back day, not sure what’s in store. Put some weight on the bar or just volume? I’ll let my body tell me.

Deadlift:
135x10-2 sets
225x5-1 set
315x5-1 set
405x5-1 set
495x1-1 set

Block deadlift:
135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5
Lower back said that’s enough, planned to go up but pulled the plug.

Bent over barbell row:
135x15
185x10
225x9
245x7

Wide grip lat pulldowns:
5 sets various weights/reps

Close grip pulldowns:
3 burn out sets. High rep

Low cable row:
3 heavy sets

Pullover machine: