30’s Ramblings

Reaction score
Figure I’d like to do a log as I go, something to keep me accountable and on track. Maybe get some pointers from you fine folks (and Jin) as we go. As I’ve said in another thread, I’m slightly injured so I need to slow things down a bit. I was plenty happy eating whatever I want and lifting as heavy as I could, hopes of getting stronger. Well right now that’s not on the plate and as I take a step back I realize that I’m really a flabby piece of shit. I felt fine til I got hurt, now I see a very different me. Complete mind ****.

So I’ve re-evaluated and came up with a short term and long term goal. The short term goal is to drop to 15%ish BF and stay around 245-250. That’s the immediate goal. Secondary goal is to start working on building some legs and a squat.

Long term, I’d like to do a powerlifting meet someday. I’ve got my sites set on age 45, should be masters by then, at 242. I’ve set a goal of totaling 1500 by then. If I wasn’t hurt, I could probably squeak out a 400lb bench, 600ish dead, and zero squat (135?). I’d like to press 400, pull 600 and squat 500 by then. I know these numbers are nothing compared to most of you but that’s where I hope to be.

So Snake has been kind enough to help out and dieting starts now. Cardio starts now. I’ll lift what I can as I can. I will update as much as I can.
Starting stats-41 years old, 274lbs at 6’4. Guesstimating 25% BF, maybe more. I’ve got to take some measurements to track progress, probably tonight. Anyway, follow along if you want.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
You don’t look fat in your AV. I doubt you are 25%.

In for the log.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Subbed brother! We are close to the same size. I'm a bit taller and weigh about 15 pounds less. I'll be 45 next month but I'm leaning towards doing a PL meet one day as well. Stay focused and humble! You are going to do great.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Figure I’d like to do a log as I go, something to keep me accountable and on track. Maybe get some pointers from you fine folks (and Jin) as we go. As I’ve said in another thread, I’m slightly injured so I need to slow things down a bit. I was plenty happy eating whatever I want and lifting as heavy as I could, hopes of getting stronger. Well right now that’s not on the plate and as I take a step back I realize that I’m really a flabby piece of shit. I felt fine til I got hurt, now I see a very different me. Complete mind ****.

So I’ve re-evaluated and came up with a short term and long term goal. The short term goal is to drop to 15%ish BF and stay around 245-250. That’s the immediate goal. Secondary goal is to start working on building some legs and a squat.

Long term, I’d like to do a powerlifting meet someday. I’ve got my sites set on age 45, should be masters by then, at 242. I’ve set a goal of totaling 1500 by then. If I wasn’t hurt, I could probably squeak out a 400lb bench, 600ish dead, and zero squat (135?). I’d like to press 400, pull 600 and squat 500 by then. I know these numbers are nothing compared to most of you but that’s where I hope to be.

So Snake has been kind enough to help out and dieting starts now. Cardio starts now. I’ll lift what I can as I can. I will update as much as I can.
Starting stats-274lbs at 6’4. Guesstimating 25% BF, maybe more. I’ve got to take some measurements to track progress, probably tonight. Anyway, follow along if you want.

You can do this, 30. Focus on one day at a time, one workout at a time!

Reaction score
Thanks a lot everyone, everybody on here motivates the shit out of me.

Reaction score
You don’t look fat in your AV. I doubt you are 25%.

In for the log.
I feel pretty damn fat! We will see what the next couple of months bring. I’m not doing any crazy diet or anything, just trying to keep it simple (thank you snake).

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
You can do this 30! We all got your back!! Get out there and kick some ass!

KISS (keep it simple snake) lol

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I might have missed it. What's your shoulder diagnosis and prognosis?

Reaction score
Well......about that. Long story short they say there's a minor rotator cuff tear and somehow there's a fracture in the bone (ball not socket).

But, I had xrays at the hospital, they said there was no fracture. My xrays were read by more than one doctor afterwards, no mention of a fracture. And there was zero impact to cause a fracture. My best guess is that if there is, it's an old injury. I've fought shoulder pain for years, always attributed it to a pinched nerve.

So there's that. Their fix is to immobilize my arm indefinitely. That cannot happen, I can't lose work and frankly my arm is still quite capable.

Reaction score
Trained back today. For now everything is going to be volume work, nothing heavy for a while. It’s been a while since I’ve done any real volume and it shows. I’m getting smoked at about the 10-15 rep mark lol.
Deadlifts:
135x15-7 sets
225x10-5 sets
Bent over barbell rows:
135x15-5 sets
Wide grip pulldown:
15 reps-5 sets. Don’t know what the weight was but I did these slow concentrating on lats
Every set was done with 60 second rest in between sets. I’m shot now.
30 mins on stationary bike.

Todays food-I’m more than likely gonna come up short. Ill be tweaking this as I go til I get it right.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Macros for the day:
248g protein
195g carb
88g fat
Total calories-2590
Woke up today at 273lbs.

any idea where your cals where at before? must've been much higher. where's your starting pic as well?

Reaction score
I haven’t tracked calories in a long time. Even when I did keto last year I never looked at calories. Starting pic is right here on my phone, where it’s gonna stay til I’m happy with where I’m at!

New Threads