30’s Ramblings

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
It’s been diagnosed as a torn rotator cuff and there’s a fracture for some reason. The repair was surgery or at the least they wanted me to completely stop using my arm. Neither are in the cards at the moment.

Damn bro. Yeah that's not good either way. Good luck with that

Reaction score
Arm day.

Close grip bench:
Bar only warm up
135x15-2 sets
225x12-1 set
245x10-1 set
265x5-1 set
225x11-1 set
135x?-super slow negative

Overhead EZ bar extension:
85x15-1 set
105x10-1 set
125x6-1 set
105x9-1 set
85x14-1 set

Dumbell kickback:
35x10-5 set

Rope/bar cable work;
**** ton of sets. Had to be 20 sets or so

Straight bar cable curls:
Probably 6 sets

Preacher curls:
95x12
115x8-super slow negative-3 set

Dumbell curls:
Several sets, all slow negatives

No cardio. Workout ran really long, too many resolutioners here

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Tear of which part of the rotator cuff? I cant believe you can bench at all, let alone that heavy

Reaction score
Tear of which part of the rotator cuff? I cant believe you can bench at all, let alone that heavy
I have to keep extremely tight as it’ll “fall out”. That’s what it feels like at least. If I keep my form really good it’s manageable. Where the problem lies is any overhead or behind work. Like reaching on my nightstand literally almost brings me to tears. Holding the bar to conventional squat hurts, holding it to front squat is impossible. There’s two areas that hurt, one is the socket area the other is the ball area. The ball area is where the fracture supposedly is and that’s where the intense pain is.

The injury really pisses me off. It was so stupid of me to even have done it in the first place. I try not to let anything slow me down.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I know what you mean. It's so ****in depressing to have to lay off like that. Unfortunately, if it's a total tear, surgery might be your only option. Recovery times are much quicker than they used to be.

Reaction score
I know what you mean. It's so ****in depressing to have to lay off like that. Unfortunately, if it's a total tear, surgery might be your only option. Recovery times are much quicker than they used to be.
I’m getting close to being in a position to deal with it. One way or another. Once I get my work situation completely settled I’ll be able to do something.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Best route is having it checked out by a professional youre not old yet and have plenty good years of solid training left in you and if this gets worse it could make things really tough later on. But If you’re not willing to do that, definitely do your due diligence and rehab it yourself. There’s tons of write ups on rotator cuff tears. Specific ones which help identify which of the 4 muscles that make up the cuff are effected and which exercises you could do/avoid. Don’t really recommend this tho because it sounds like yours is kinda severe...

Reaction score
Yesterday’s macros:
Protein-308g
Carb-195g
Fat-107g
Total calories-2994. I screwed up my eating somehow. All my timing was off. I basically had a small breakfast, big lunch and a late dinner. I think I’m gonna pull another 10lbs off, drop to 245 and see where I stand there. I carry almost all of my fat in my midsection and these love handles are still holding on.

Reaction score
Still here. Just haven’t felt like updating. The last couple weeks have been weird diet wise. I’ve been doing fine but I’m so hungry all the time. Even when I eat I’m still starving. That’s on like 3300-3500 calories. I don’t know wtf is wrong but it’s a battle every single day to be good. Probably gonna give in this weekend and just eat whatever to try to get it out of my system. Been going hard in the gym and paying for it. My left arm has been in so much pain all week, I gotta back off. Just too heavy for what I’m dealing with injury wise.

Its all a head game. My head says balls out, all the time. It also knows I’m eating well, the scale is staying right at 254-255, but I feel like I look like shit. Having an all or nothing attitude bites me in the ass a lot. Anyway, got switch something and get outta this funk. Monday new program, dropping the heavy weights until I can lift without being in tears. I’m in the gym now squatting and even that is painful. Yeah, I know, I told you so. No need to comment on the injury, I know you all have said to get it fixed. Well I’ve never been accused of being smart, and I have a really hard head. I fight anything that I can and injuries piss me right the **** off.

So today I’m gonna make my legs pay. I’m just in a really pissed off mood at myself and my lack of legs just further irritates me. So **** them....

Conventional squats:
2 warm up sets
135x15-2 sets
225x10-2 sets
315x2-1 set
365x1-1 set
135x10-slow negatives
365 is a 50lb pr, since I stopped training legs 5 years ago. Actually, there’s probably a hair more in the tank but I can’t hold the bar. Actually gripping it hurts so ****in bad, at lower weight I can let my wrists do more work. But 315 and I was starting to let go, 365 and by the time I was at the top the left side was barely there. I wanted 405, but it’s not meant to be today. It’s coming....

Leg press:
4 plates/side-10
5 plates-10
6 plates-5-2 sets

Leg extensions-3 sets, hold for several seconds each rep

Leg curls:
5 sets

Im out

Reaction score
And this shit right here is gonna cause me to catch a mother ****in case. I’m in no mood for this shit today.
o0Wkv82.jpg

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lmao...I’m assuming you can’t get in????

Reaction score
I waited a very long time for them to come out, they did not. So I left them a note informing them of their honest mistake.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
30 you know it’s time to do it man 14 days should do it

Still here. Just haven’t felt like updating. The last couple weeks have been weird diet wise. I’ve been doing fine but I’m so hungry all the time. Even when I eat I’m still starving. That’s on like 3300-3500 calories. I don’t know wtf is wrong but it’s a battle every single day to be good. Probably gonna give in this weekend and just eat whatever to try to get it out of my system. Been going hard in the gym and paying for it. My left arm has been in so much pain all week, I gotta back off. Just too heavy for what I’m dealing with injury wise.

Its all a head game. My head says balls out, all the time. It also knows I’m eating well, the scale is staying right at 254-255, but I feel like I look like shit. Having an all or nothing attitude bites me in the ass a lot. Anyway, got switch something and get outta this funk. Monday new program, dropping the heavy weights until I can lift without being in tears. I’m in the gym now squatting and even that is painful. Yeah, I know, I told you so. No need to comment on the injury, I know you all have said to get it fixed. Well I’ve never been accused of being smart, and I have a really hard head. I fight anything that I can and injuries piss me right the **** off.

So today I’m gonna make my legs pay. I’m just in a really pissed off mood at myself and my lack of legs just further irritates me. So **** them....

Conventional squats:
2 warm up sets
135x15-2 sets
225x10-2 sets
315x2-1 set
365x1-1 set
135x10-slow negatives
365 is a 50lb pr, since I stopped training legs 5 years ago. Actually, there’s probably a hair more in the tank but I can’t hold the bar. Actually gripping it hurts so ****in bad, at lower weight I can let my wrists do more work. But 315 and I was starting to let go, 365 and by the time I was at the top the left side was barely there. I wanted 405, but it’s not meant to be today. It’s coming....

Leg press:
4 plates/side-10
5 plates-10
6 plates-5-2 sets

Leg extensions-3 sets, hold for several seconds each rep

Leg curls:
5 sets

Im out

New Threads