Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    This wasn't a joke. Google supple leopard.
    Ill check it out. Even after your second post I expected supple leopard to be some sort of gay sex position. Im intrigued and disappointed at the same time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 Times in 1,895 Posts
    stretching works but not over night

you need to do it consistantly for a few weeks to get results

at one point (and grant you by nature im the stiffest guy i know cant even touch my toes) after stretching consistantly for a few weeks

was able to kick the tops of door frames with one foot still on the ground & im 6' max on a good day
    Last edited by Zeigler; 11-29-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Thanks
    When you say you have mobility issues do you mean you experience pain doing certain motions? Or just can't bend as far as you ought to?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    Ill check it out. Even after your second post I expected supple leopard to be some sort of gay sex position. Im intrigued and disappointed at the same time.
    Bring out your inner sex kitten?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
    When you say you have mobility issues do you mean you experience pain doing certain motions? Or just can't bend as far as you ought to?

The first. Im actually pretty flexible in some areas. Straight leg deadlifts have made it where I can nearly put my palms flat on the floor from a standing position. My shoulders are the worst of it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeigler View Post
    stretching works but not over night

you need to do it consistantly for a few weeks to get results

at one point (and grant you by nature im the stiffest guy i know cant even touch my toes) after stretching consistantly for a few weeks

was able to kick the tops of door frames with one foot still on the ground & im 6' max on a good day
    I spent several months working up to getting under a squat bar. I did a lot of work on them and it helped some but I never got to where I could get my delts rotated that far back without pain.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,678 Times in 7,239 Posts
    Anything can be a gay sex position if you are creative enough.
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

MonkeyBusiness (11-29-2018)

Thanks
    So as Ive added size over the years and gotten older, my mobility has definitely decreased. It's mostly in my shoulders (cant even do squats because I cant reach far enough back to hold the bar) but I feel it in other areas too. I do a ton of hunting and I find that getting under low branches and stuff has gotten harder, legs dont want to lift as high as they used to either. Sometimes trip over stuff that seems like I really shouldnt. Anyway, I tried some yoga briefly and Im going to get back into it this time more seriously. Does anyone do anything on a regular basis that they feel has really helped with this?
    Are you a drinker, may sound like a dumb question in regards to your post. But...I have found alcohol sucks for the joints and mobility. When I dont drink I can touch my toes, when I do ( bloat) I can barely wash my ass.

Chances are if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccpro View Post
    Are you a drinker, may sound like a dumb question in regards to your post. But...I have found alcohol sucks for the joints and mobility. When I dont drink I can touch my toes, when I do ( bloat) I can barely wash my ass.
    Alcoholic. About 3 months sober right now. Mobility has not increased. Lol

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gadawg For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (11-30-2018),Straight30weight (12-01-2018)

Thanks
    Alcoholic. About 3 months sober right now. Mobility has not increased. Lol
    Sorry, thought is was worth a try. When I dont drink for a week I feel dramatically better. Congrats on the 3 months. Did your weight go down?

Chances are if you busting a nut, you're having a good time!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccpro View Post
    Sorry, thought is was worth a try. When I dont drink for a week I feel dramatically better. Congrats on the 3 months. Did your weight go down?
    Well, it did but I cant pin a root cause as just "no more alcohol" because my last run was when I crossed the line from functional alcoholic to cannot stop drinking. I went for about 8 days straight because every time I began to sober up the withdrawals would start. I didnt eat much in that time and didnt eat at all for the last three days. Then I couldnt eat much through withdrawals and when I did get "normal" again I got a stomach virus a few days later and couldnt really eat for a few days. I went from like 235 down to 216. I looked very good because I had lost a ton of fat and alcohol water weight but I felt tiny. Im at about 233 right now and holding so much less water than I used to so I have no idea really what Ive gained/lost. Currently I need about 4500 cals a day just to maintain and getting much bigger has been trying to say the least.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gadawg For This Useful Post:

ccpro (11-30-2018)

Thanks
    I had bad mobility when I was heavier. got better as I lost weight. my old joints need stretching daily to keep on my path. if I don't stretch real good my workouts suffer and my pain the following day is far worse. I do have a hard time reaching the bar when squatting from my old sketchy shoulders haha...

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12