Mobility as you grow and age?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Are you a drinker, may sound like a dumb question in regards to your post. But...I have found alcohol sucks for the joints and mobility. When I dont drink I can touch my toes, when I do ( bloat) I can barely wash my ass.

Alcoholic. About 3 months sober right now. Mobility has not increased. Lol

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Alcoholic. About 3 months sober right now. Mobility has not increased. Lol
Sorry, thought is was worth a try. When I dont drink for a week I feel dramatically better. Congrats on the 3 months. Did your weight go down?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Sorry, thought is was worth a try. When I dont drink for a week I feel dramatically better. Congrats on the 3 months. Did your weight go down?

Well, it did but I cant pin a root cause as just "no more alcohol" because my last run was when I crossed the line from functional alcoholic to cannot stop drinking. I went for about 8 days straight because every time I began to sober up the withdrawals would start. I didnt eat much in that time and didnt eat at all for the last three days. Then I couldnt eat much through withdrawals and when I did get "normal" again I got a stomach virus a few days later and couldnt really eat for a few days. I went from like 235 down to 216. I looked very good because I had lost a ton of fat and alcohol water weight but I felt tiny. Im at about 233 right now and holding so much less water than I used to so I have no idea really what Ive gained/lost. Currently I need about 4500 cals a day just to maintain and getting much bigger has been trying to say the least.

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I had bad mobility when I was heavier. got better as I lost weight. my old joints need stretching daily to keep on my path. if I don't stretch real good my workouts suffer and my pain the following day is far worse. I do have a hard time reaching the bar when squatting from my old sketchy shoulders haha...

New Threads