Questions about training + log ?

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've pretty much been maintaining atm. The reason that my weight is that low is because i've been losing weight during pretty much all the time i've been lifting. I don't think i've gained a lot of muscle but i gained a lot of strength. At that time, I was lifting 5 to 6 times a week but with really low reps.

My 1rm before I stop olympic lifting were:
Squat: 319
Deadlift: 363
Bench: never done
Military press: 143

Then I stop lifting for 6 month and gained some fat (forgot to tell that in the first post)
My lifts now are:
Squat: 264 x 1
Deadlift:300 x 1
Bench: 165 x 1( really low because i've never done it before, start doing it when I was cutting)
Press:110 x 1(didn't try more)
Curls: who cares...

My problem now is that i've no idea what to do, should i keep cutting the fat because my bodyfat is still quite high (between 15 and 20) or should i just suck it up and start bulking, live in Canada so I always have a hoodie on anyway... I'm 165 lbs, 5,10 and 19 years old. Any info about nutrition or weightlifting routine is welcome. I can post some pics if it's really needed.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I think it’s really up to you... what’s your personal goal? Do you want to be strong and maximize your lifts or lean? Powerlifting or bodybuilding?

Not that they’re mutually exclusive but you should pick the direction you’re personally interested in. Let the rest of the cards fall where they may. (Just my 2cents)

edit: Just read your intro thread. It seems everyone has already provided the same direction. I’m in the same boat as you but they’re all right. Build a base before you get any leaner.

If you’re truly around 16% then you’re in decent shape. 1800 calories is way to low to build solid muscle. Yes it can be done but it’s not ideal. Dan is pretty on top of the diet side of things. I believe he suggested trying 2600 or 2800 calories. That’s probably closer to maintenance if you’re training with even a small amount of intensity.

Work on building muscle, once you get above 20%bf do a small cut to bring things back down. Honestly, I doubt that would even happen. Just keep working on increasing intensity. If you lift like someone who is in great shape, your body will follow as long as your nutrition is right.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it’s really up to you... what’s your personal goal? Do you want to be strong and maximize your lifts or lean? Powerlifting or bodybuilding?

Not that they’re mutually exclusive but you should pick the direction you’re personally interested in. Let the rest of the cards fall where they may. (Just my 2cents)

I kinda want a little bit of both , I'm probably gonna try one of sheiko's program.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I kinda want a little bit of both , I'm probably gonna try one of sheiko's program.

Sorry, I was editing my original post when you responded. See the end of that for my advice.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Sheiko is not for the freint of heart, start with the first one and see how that goes before you try any of the higher versions.

there is some posts on here with info about it and a couple of logs of people doing it. I have one where I did it a while ago.
Great program, but it will test you.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
youre young dude...get on a program and eat some food...good luck man. you got a lot of guys in your corner so lets go!!! post a pic or two if youre comfortable

New Threads