Thinking about doing Sheiko 29

Reaction score
I want to up my bench, my squat and my deadlift while still gaining mass, is this program a good idea ?

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why yes, yes it is. it's a wonderful idea

Reaction score
Why yes, yes it is. it's a wonderful idea

Ok thx ! Do you think I can add some isolation exercises like curls or calves raises at the end of my workout or I should just stick to the program ?

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok thx ! Do you think I can add some isolation exercises like curls or calves raises at the end of my workout or I should just stick to the program ?
Lol you won't have anything left in you at the end of your workouts. You'll find yourself struggling to finish the accessorials.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Two things are for sure when you have both seeker and pillar encouraging you to run a program.

1. It works
2. Probably crying involved

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I want to up my bench, my squat and my deadlift while still gaining mass, is this program a good idea ?

You ever see a power lifter? Their strength goes without saying but they are massive dudes. Try not to get all caught up it the "Training for strength" "Training for Mass" thing. Strength and size goes hand in hand with each other. Anyone here you would see on the street and think is big can move some respectable weight.

As for isolation work, do it for a better rounded body. You damn well better be spent by the end of an upper leg workout but there should be enough in the tank to bang out some calf work. Not many people need to be asked twice to hit some bi work after back so you'll have no problem there. You don't have to go nuts with this work, just think of it as a polishing off.

The path to a better bench is to bench; to have a better squat, you need to squat. See a pattern here?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
It can’t be that hard....

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sheiko is perfect for a young buck like you. You will come out if it with excellent technique if you do it properly.

Reaction score
Lol, everyone really want me to do it. I'll probably start the program monday in 2 weeks because I just caught a streptococcus... I'm on antibiotics right now so I'm gonna stay at maintenance until I finish them and then start. If it's it's that rough as you guys are saying, I'm probably gonna be better starting when I'm not sick and on antibiotics...

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Lol, everyone really want me to do it. I'll probably start the program monday in 2 weeks because I just caught a streptococcus... I'm on antibiotics right now so I'm gonna stay at maintenance until I finish them and then start. If it's it's that rough as you guys are saying, I'm probably gonna be better starting when I'm not sick and on antibiotics...

No, wait till you are better before starting it. You’ll need all the energy you got.