Ideal Macro Ratios to strive for during first cycle

loafie

Reaction score
Hi all

Im going to embark on my first ever cycle in about a month, and so I want to obviously get everything in check well before I begin so I was hoping to bounce some ideas off of you guys.

my current stats are:

height: 6'0.25" (184 cm)
weight: 180 lbs (81.4 kg)
bodyfat: 11.5%

squat: 330 lbs (149 kg)
deadlift: 365 lbs (165 kg)
bench: 230 lbs (104 kg)

I have also measured and honed in on my caloric needs to an exact science after several years of keeping track on myfitnesspal (in addition to the estimation of my TDEE from multiple hydrostatic bodyfat tests)
and so my BMR comes to around 2050 calories, my TDEE is 750 calories, which leaves me at 2800 calories per day, and for the last few months I have been bulking at a surplus of 300 calories, which leaves me at a grand total of 3100 calories per day.

Since I am currently natty my macro breakdown has been 40p/35c/25f which seems to have been working well for me.

So now that Im planning on going on my first cycle Ive been doing some digging around and it seems like 50p/30c/20f is a common template for macro ratios?

I appreciate everyone's time and help, thank you

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
you haven't told us what your goal is. Or what you're running. Or what your workout is going to be like.

Have you ever seen Jeopardy? He gave you the answer and you didn’t answer in the form of a question.. /s

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Pushing 400 grams of protein for a guy at a buck eighty seems excessive to me. (Math check) more carbs and a little more fat may get you to a better place.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I too am curious what your goal is with this cycle and also what your training program will look like. Also, how old are you?

I agree with Snake regarding the protein. If you want to grow (which I assume you do), carbs are a necessity. If you are trying to grow, I'd increase carbs to 50%. If you are worried about getting fat (you won't), you can just add some cardio (which you should be doing anyways), but just try to eat lean protein while you are taking down the high carbs (ie - low fat).

loafie

Reaction score
Sorry thats my fault I forgot to include the other relevant information.

Ill just go ahead and copy-paste the relevant parts of my massive introduction post where I covered everything:

I am 27 years old , living in California, and have been weightlifting seriously (along with proper nutrition) for the last 4 years.

My physical stats are:
height: 6' 0.25" (184 cm)
weight: 180 lbs (81.4 kg)
bodyfat: 11.5%

My weightlifting stats are:
squat: 330 lbs (149 kg)
deadlift: 365 lbs (165 kg)
bench: 230 lbs (104 kg)

Im not entirely sure how scientifically valid the classical distinctions of general body-types are, but I am what many people would call an "ectomorph" for what its worth.
Furthermore, the bodyfat % is very accurate, as I have tested myself at a legit hydrostatic weighing lab.

So onto the more philosophical part of this post:

After much lurking and gathering of knowledge on this forum including the steroid subreddit and several other forums, I have decided to embark on my first cycle.
It is important to note that I in no way seek to make this a professional career or anything of the sort, I just would like an improved aesthetic physique, and also that I intend to come off of gear after achieving my goal physique.

Now one thing I have frequently come across on the various forums is when newbies proudly and ignorantly claim that they will "only do a single cycle" and how often that first cycle is in reality only the first of many cycles that they will go on.

With that piece of humbling statistics, I would like to be fully realistic and transparent with my goals so as to get the best feedback possible from you guys.
So essentially my ideal physique that I have in my mind is somewhere from 205-220 lbs (93-100 kg) at roughly 8% bodyfat.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
So essentially my ideal physique that I have in my mind is somewhere from 205-220 lbs (93-100 kg) at roughly 8% bodyfat.

If this is your goal, realistically, it is going to take you multiple cycles (most likely multiple years), because your aim at the bare minimum to be 25 lbs heavier (100% muscle btw) and considerably less body fat than you are now... And that is just for your bare minimum body weight goal... And to be honest, unless you want to make this a 10-15 year goal, you are going to have to gain some fat to really build the kind of muscle you are desiring... I'm talking like 220-230 lbs just to cut back down to 205 at 8% bf.

I'm not trying to be a kill-joy here, just being realistic.

So again, what are your specific goals for this cycle? What is your goal for the end of your 12-15 weeks? And what is your training going to look like?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Dude seems alright. I think things will work out fine once you stop overthinking it.

New Threads