First Time Posting

Reaction score
My Name is Mark .I'm 52 years old I have always had a nice body with a great form and in my 20's I worked out a lot with and without gear . Although not as much was known about it then or at least a lot of info was not common knowledge then as it is now so I didn't use serms or H.C.G. pay as much attention to cycle support as I should have .So my results were on and off and I wasn't even aware that things that were happening were caused because I only used gear . Well my work out regimen has slacked off since my 20's but I still have a a good build with almost 0 fat In fact I need to put on some muscle I weigh about 170 5'11.The most I have ever weighed was about 190 and I was benching 320 and I don't remember max on other lifts they were average I guess .That was when I was 23 years old in the military and I also ran 7 to 10 miles a week plus an hour of exercises every morning to warm up. I had to run and do jumping jacks and push ups or else.I also ate enough for three people . I don't plan on that much physical exercise now .Maybe 30 min a day or so to stay toned .I have recently started hormone replacement therapy with a doctor who has a basic knowledge of hormones and he almost leaves it to me to figure out my dose and what I need and expects me to take care of my blood work and he worries about hemacrit levels and my blood clotting more than anything. We have been friends for a long time so I am lucky in a way to have this available . I don't know every thing about gear but I am familiar with it more than most people . I have started doing it as hormone therapy but I would like to bulk up some without over doing it . I have test Cypionate Anestrozole and H.C.G that I have been dosing at lower levels. I definitely feel better and I want to look better . I need to learn more about H.C.G. and find out how other people have been doing while using these . Also My diet needs work for sure . I cannot believe how much sugar depletes your testosterone levels and I only found this out recently . I am sure there are other things I have been doing that would totally ruin any gains I might have .So I am here to get some advice and try to learn more about the stuff I am doing and try not to do anything stupid . Thanks

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
If you are done having kids and plan to stay on trt for life, you probably dont want to worry with the hcg. Unless you are a testicle model that is.

Also, if your bodyfat is that low there is a good chance you wont need the anastrazole either but only bloodwork and how you feel will tell you that. Most of us take 100-200 mg of testosterone per week divided into two doses like mon and thurs. Id say 150-200 is probably the most common as most of us will still have kinda low levels at 100.

Merlin

Reaction score
So give use the run down on dosages per week of test, hcg and AI (anastrozole). For example 250mg of test per week, 0.5mg of AI every other day or whatever it may be, and hcg 500 iu a week. Im guessing your doctor gave you a set perscribed dose for your anastrozole? You need to make sure you you get regular blood work done to know how you respond to certain levels of test and what range you want yours to be. Im guessing you want it on the higher side. It will also help you will dosing your AI and if you need to increase or decrease amounts.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong veterans, but you don't need hcg on trt correct? I though hcg was used for the feed back loop and since you are supplementing with test indefinitely don't need it?

German89

Elite
Reaction score
If you are done having kids and plan to stay on trt for life, you probably dont want to worry with the hcg. Unless you are a testicle model that is.

Also, if your bodyfat is that low there is a good chance you wont need the anastrazole either but only bloodwork and how you feel will tell you that. Most of us take 100-200 mg of testosterone per week divided into two doses like mon and thurs. Id say 150-200 is probably the most common as most of us will still have kinda low levels at 100.

i bet you wish he was a testicle model.

welcome!

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice intro there bud. I'm kinda in the same camp as Gadawg on the HCG.

As for your crits, you shouldn't see a rise on a normal TRT does. There's a good chance if your on a light dose, you could almost double it and not peg high on your crits. If your doctor- friend is worried about blood clots, you can check by doing a D-Dimer blood test. Blood clots can develop quickly so be conscious of the signs. A D-Dimer is use typically after there's a reason to suspect a clot. It also seems like you;re active and keeping the blood moving with cardio is a good way to keep clots at bay. Avoid smoking goes without saying.

You're kind of in a good place right now and things will no doubt get better. Just to let you know, the rules at 52 y.o. are not the same as the ones you remember at 22 y.o. Pay attention to your body and he will return the favor.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG!

Don't be in a rush to increase from your trt. You can make great gains on a trt dose.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So give use the run down on dosages per week of test, hcg and AI (anastrozole). For example 250mg of test per week, 0.5mg of AI every other day or whatever it may be, and hcg 500 iu a week. Im guessing your doctor gave you a set perscribed dose for your anastrozole? You need to make sure you you get regular blood work done to know how you respond to certain levels of test and what range you want yours to be. Im guessing you want it on the higher side. It will also help you will dosing your AI and if you need to increase or decrease amounts.

Also, correct me if i'm wrong veterans, but you don't need hcg on trt correct? I though hcg was used for the feed back loop and since you are supplementing with test indefinitely don't need it?

I am sorry about that I have started with 200mg a week and did it twice a week but it wasn't doing the Job so I started doing 200 twice a week and I feel fine . I break the anestrozole into halves or quarters and no more than half a week usually . As far as H.C.G. since being on 100mg twice a week for almost a year My balls are going to disappear in a few more months without it. Injecting test shuts them down completely . I can't speak for other people But I have learned that I need it . I am waiting to see if it will reverse things .I only started a month ago with H.C.G. I have heard it is better to do 200iu every other day instead of bigger doses once or twice a week . I know larger doses make me have acne on my back and chest I noticed so I cut back . I need to have blood work done in a couple of weeks to see how I stand since I changed things a bit . I wasn't feeling great or having energy on 200mgs a week and I hardly put on muscle when I was working out . I think once my body shut production the dose I started with was not enough and It may have been worked against me . I still haven't found my range I was in the 500s and upper 400s I don't have my results here but I think I want to shoot for 650 ng/dl test and and 25 to 32 pg/ml on Estradiol but I need to maintain a good diet too I am finding out . It is a balancing act I need to figure out what works for me .

Reaction score
I am sorry I forgot to add H.C.G. is not supposed to be done all the time I think I heard it was supposed to be intermittent to spike natural production .For only a month on and two off or something like that . I am trying to figure out the best way to do it . I do believe I need it unless I could get ball implants or something .I am not having any kids but I want balls attached to my dick when I am with a girl .Can't do without them.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I am sorry I forgot to add H.C.G. is not supposed to be done all the time I think I heard it was supposed to be intermittent to spike natural production .For only a month on and two off or something like that . I am trying to figure out the best way to do it . I do believe I need it unless I could get ball implants or something .I am not having any kids but I want balls attached to my dick when I am with a girl .Can't do without them.

Most TRT guys go without HCG. For the record, smaller balls will make your Jimmy look bigger. (No charge)

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the underground. (Small balls or big balls, we don’t discriminate)

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Well, 400 mg is a cycle dose. Health wise it may be risky to run that high indefinitely

Reaction score
Never met a girl that cared about my ball size. If you’re on trt, and not trying to have any kids, no need for hcg in my opinion. In fact I cut it out cuz I didn’t want to have to take an ai while on trt dose. Without it my e2 is on the lower end of good.

Reaction score
I was thinking that it might be a bit much . I will see how my blood work comes back. If HCG kicks in it might be too much of a dose . Maybe 100mg. every three days would do it .There are so many variables and it seems confusing at times .

Reaction score
What do you consider good levels for E2? What symptoms do you notice if you have them too low or high ?

New Threads