Alcohol on Cycle

MonkeyBusiness

Reaction score
When you are on cycle, do you cut alcohol out completely? Consume moderately? Indulge occasionally?

Would love to get your personal experience or any experiences you've heard of from others.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to drink just as much or more on..
Not lately though

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
I'll tell you this, alchohol will most definately hold you back in your progress, the more you drink the more so, since i gave it up i have made so much more progress in my physique and strength gainz.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I cut it out but, will drink if I want/feel like it.

That's considered a cheat meal then...

Alcohol = calories

Alcohol is a big no if running orals. I'm sure one night of drinks wont kill you but, if it's a constant, yeah, you're gonna fukkk your liver.

Alcohol also raises estrogen. But, it also thins your blood so... it's your life and your decision. I guess a shot a day would be beneficial?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Is there anything beneficial to drinking? Does it help your body perform any better? Does it aid in your workouts? If not, then it does not belong in your life if you're serious about the lifestyle.

I seem to be saying this a lot lately but someone's training needs to be the same on or off cycle.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
On cycle...don’t drink;)

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
If you’re going to drink on cycle it should be banana schnapps.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I drink a bit on cycle, but weak drinks and a pint glass of water in between them.

Off cycle, I love scotch.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well alcohol is arguably considered your 4th macro. Of course it's not considered a nutrient like the other 3 but if one is counting those cals it does have about 7 cals per gram. No, you shouldn't drink alcohol while on cycle. I would have a rare drink if attending a function or holiday gathering. Definitely a beer on hot summer days.

Reactions: Jin

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
In all honesty, I dont think that alcohol inhibits anything nearly to the level that some studies would have you believe. It is certainly not good for athletic performance but I think you gotta live your life too. If I could drink from time to time, I absolutely would. I know too many guys who built very impressive physiques while drinking to extreme excess on a daily basis to believe otherwise.

Orals and alcohol seems like an over the top stupid combo though.

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Avoid it as much as possible

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score
No soda or alcohol. I drink black coffee, green tea and flat water only during cycles.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
No soda or alcohol. I drink black coffee, green tea and flat water only during cycles.

Why do you specify flat water. Is there something detrimental about Drinking seltzer? Asking because I drink a ton of it on and off cycle.

When I swam competitively some guys would cut out carbonated beverages two weeks about because of carbonic acid build up in the muscles or something. I never bought into it.

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score
Just keeps me on track with my diet. Carbonated water makes me constantly eat more than I should, but that might just be me. It seems odd but if I drink perrier or la croix, I eat more kcals

New Threads