Recumbent Bikes

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
why would a guy who lives by one of the most awesome beaches need something like that?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
good point, idk man, seems more convenient, and warmer inside ;)

Right now for sure...but fuuuck I loved going and running at the beach early morning on the weekends!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a bike so i can start getting my cardio in fasted before work. I'm an early bird so for sure I'll put it to use, plus I'll be more inclined to put more time in rather than my usual preworkout cardio i always bail on after 15 mins to go lift lol.
Found this guy, thoughts and opinions?

Nautilus R614 Recumbent Bike https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVZM2V4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_JzlcCb5MTZV5M

View attachment 6925

if you have any suggestions in or around that price range, with a seat back, electronic, tall guy friendly please share!

You been here long enough to cut this fasted cardio bullshit right the **** out.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
gibs all them stand still cardio machine are garbage ..Get a bike and go for a hour ride..Its that simple..

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
i don't bail early at the gym, i get to 15 mins on the treadmill and say fukk this shit i wanna lift somethin heavy. I have some spare time in the morning that i could be more productive with and then my cardio for the day doesn't get cut short, ya feel me playa??

I know you don’t bail early at the gym. I meant bail early on the cardio at the gym! Walk and curl man... walk and curl.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Get a real bicycle and go outside. Pussy.

we aren't cool like that jack..
and to be clear I'm talking about 5 am cardio, coffee in hand kind of deal.
anyways, I'm gonna do some price matching and most likely go with the bike i posted, seems solid enough to get the job done.

Reaction score
we aren't cool like that jack..
and to be clear I'm talking about 5 am cardio, coffee in hand kind of deal.
anyways, I'm gonna do some price matching and most likely go with the bike i posted, seems solid enough to get the job done.
I'm a little surprised people aren't all for it man. Think about, gonna sit and watch a movie? Hop on the bike and watch. 30 mins in the AM while sipping your coffee? Hop on the bike. It's like free cardio time.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised people aren't all for it man. Think about, gonna sit and watch a movie? Hop on the bike and watch. 30 mins in the AM while sipping your coffee? Hop on the bike. It's like free cardio time.

I had a brutal leg day today, so this is a tough conversation right now.
Like going grocery shopping after hitting a buffet.
But that’s a pretty cool idea. We do family movie night at home, and it would be pretty cool to divide the movie time by number of people watching, and each person gets that amount of time on the bike while we watch it.
It’s tough as hell to get everyone in the family plenty of exercise in the winter.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If u train in the gym (weights) with the mindset it’s gonna be coffee in hand movie time u may as well not do it.. cardio training is no different it needs a level of intensity and focus to get results.At 6 5 270 I don’t expect gibs to be running up hills but put some damn effort into it

Reaction score
If u train in the gym (weights) with the mindset it’s gonna be coffee in hand movie time u may as well not do it.. cardio training is no different it needs a level of intensity and focus to get results.At 6 5 270 I don’t expect gibs to be running up hills but put some damn effort into it
Who said it would be effortless? How could it be pointless? The man didn’t say it’s replacing whatever cardio he’s getting in the gym, he’s looking to maximize his time. Rather than sit at the table being ghey in the chat box at 5am sipping his latte, he could be peddling on a bike. I fail to see how that can’t be helpful.

On the flip side if that, I totally agree that cardio needs to treated no differently than lifting. I may be wrong but I’m taking what gibs is saying as the stationary bike at home would be a supplement to his current cardio routine.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Don't worry I go full retard whatever it may be I'm doin

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Who said it would be effortless? How could it be pointless? The man didn’t say it’s replacing whatever cardio he’s getting in the gym, he’s looking to maximize his time. Rather than sit at the table being ghey in the chat box at 5am sipping his latte, he could be peddling on a bike. I fail to see how that can’t be helpful.

On the flip side if that, I totally agree that cardio needs to treated no differently than lifting. I may be wrong but I’m taking what gibs is saying as the stationary bike at home would be a supplement to his current cardio routine.
i know what u mean..I just see alot of guys get the wrong idea on how to do that part of training..I blame the name "cardio" makes people think of richard simmons

Reaction score
Lol Richard Simmons

I'm taking what you said to heart though. My personal cardio has been lackluster and more going through the motions than intense. I clearly need to ramp it up!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Alright ordered that sum bitch this morning, I'll update the thread with pics and a review

New Threads