Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New guy

Thanks
    Today was pull day. Consisted of dumbbell rows, ez bar curls, cable row wide grip, lat pull downs, hammer curls and finished with machine crunches.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 733 Posts
    Welcome to the UG
    "Herms like the Walmart greeter of the Mods" - DF
    Strength First Boston !!!!
    TRUMP2020

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redrum1327 For This Useful Post:

The Tater (12-11-2018)

Thanks
    Workout for the day was bench press bar warmup, 135 x 8, 155 x 10, 155 x 10, skullcrushers & close grip bench press, tricep pull down, seated military press, cable crossovers and finished with crunches. I'm struggling with where I want to go with this. I have been focusing on high reps and doing a fair bit of cardio to try and lose weight. I want to develop a good base of lifting before I run a test cycle and I honestly feel that I'm still a year away from taking that step.

Food wise, I've been consuming around 2100-2200 calories and my weight has been pretty steady at 230lbs since the initial 10lbs I lost over the first three weeks of working out. My TDEE calculation is closer to 2500 with the amount of lifting/exercise I am currently doing according to a couple of different sites. Macros have been 35% protein/30% fat/35% carb on average. I use an app called Lose It to track it. I'm thinking about buying a food scale to more accurately track the food I'm eating. I think I may need some advice on the food stuff if there are any nutrition guys here. I do take Metformin and glipizide but I honestly haven't been taking it every single day. I know I need some carbs for the workouts so I try and consume some the night before with a cassein shake on the lifting days. I go lighter on carbs on the cardio/abs days although that may be a mistake. **** if I know, I'm a little overwhelmed with all of the info on the internet but please offer up anything you have on the subject. I've been reading a lot on this forum and love the info compared to bodybuilding.com and some of the other websites. I feel the documented user experiences over here are so much more valuable than Jim Stoppani trying to sell me some supplements and a workout plan.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,091 Times in 620 Posts

New guy

Quote Originally Posted by The Tater View Post
    Workout for the day was bench press bar warmup, 135 x 8, 155 x 10, 155 x 10, skullcrushers & close grip bench press, tricep pull down, seated military press, cable crossovers and finished with crunches. I'm struggling with where I want to go with this. I have been focusing on high reps and doing a fair bit of cardio to try and lose weight. I want to develop a good base of lifting before I run a test cycle and I honestly feel that I'm still a year away from taking that step.

Food wise, I've been consuming around 2100-2200 calories and my weight has been pretty steady at 230lbs since the initial 10lbs I lost over the first three weeks of working out. My TDEE calculation is closer to 2500 with the amount of lifting/exercise I am currently doing according to a couple of different sites. Macros have been 35% protein/30% fat/35% carb on average. I use an app called Lose It to track it. I'm thinking about buying a food scale to more accurately track the food I'm eating. I think I may need some advice on the food stuff if there are any nutrition guys here. I do take Metformin and glipizide but I honestly haven't been taking it every single day. I know I need some carbs for the workouts so I try and consume some the night before with a cassein shake on the lifting days. I go lighter on carbs on the cardio/abs days although that may be a mistake. **** if I know, I'm a little overwhelmed with all of the info on the internet but please offer up anything you have on the subject. I've been reading a lot on this forum and love the info compared to bodybuilding.com and some of the other websites. I feel the documented user experiences over here are so much more valuable than Jim Stoppani trying to sell me some supplements and a workout plan.
    The great thing about this place unlike BB . Com and the internet is the lack of ever-wavering advice. It’s pretty consistent overall, and it is results oriented as you’ll see in the members’ photos threads.

This is one of the few places where the advice gets inconsistent lol.

I am a huge Keto fan for a guy who goes 5’10” 230lbs with diabetes and high blood pressure. You don’t have to have carbs to lift heavy, after a couple weeks your body will adapt. You DO have to get healthy, and cutting out the carbs is a quick way to get there.

I have a Keto chat group with a couple dozen family members from other states who were overweight/obese to morbidly obese, and all who stuck with it since they started early this year are off all their meds and healthy as the horse Jin will be eating for dinner tonight. Some down over 100Lbs.

Some vets may disagree, but if I were in your shoes I would cut carbs until I was 15% body fat, then start adding them back in slowly and adjust them and other calories for muscle growth. You’re in a bad situation and you should get a grip on it before building.
    Last edited by Beezy; 12-14-2018 at 05:32 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Beezy For This Useful Post:

The Tater (12-13-2018)

Thanks
    Welcome aboard..
    Bacon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TylerDurdn For This Useful Post:

The Tater (12-14-2018)

Thanks
    Welcome to the UG,bro

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For This Useful Post:

The Tater (12-14-2018)

Thanks