Experienced Users thoughts on Blast/Cruise vs Cycling on and off

Reaction score
I have recently won first overall in my first powerlifting competition and have qualified for our state meet. I was running test e at 500mg/week for three months going into the meet. I have PCT on hand but am interested to see what some more experienced users think about blasting and cruising. this was my first week of cutting the dose in half. Looking for advice or experiences. if you blast/cruise how long do you blast for and how long do you usually cruise for? How long can you go like that before coming off? Any experience/advice with this topic would be greatly appreciated.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
So much to consider... How old are you for one... The longer you stay on the less chance to recover.
If you are under let's say 35 I would cycle at most 18 weeks then pct and rule of thumb stay off as along.

Reaction score
By recover, I assume that you are talking about your body rebounding and making its own testosterone again?
So much to consider... How old are you for one... The longer you stay on the less chance to recover.
If you are under let's say 35 I would cycle at most 18 weeks then pct and rule of thumb stay off as along.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
There's a lot of personal questions you need to ask yourself so I advise you start there.

As for you meet: what were your numbers, age and weight class?

Reaction score
Age: 25 Class: 242 total: 1740 wilks:468.18 Sq:623 bn:423 dl:694 (I had bigger gym lifts on my bench and dead, the day just didn't go 100% as planned)
As far as personal questions I know what I want to get out of this. And I understand the potential risks when someone decides to use gear. I was looking for someone who has long term experience blasting and cruising. IE what was their strength like while cruising. I know there are a bunch of people on this forum so I was hoping for some insight who has some real years of experience.
There's a lot of personal questions you need to ask yourself so I advise you start there.

As for you meet: what were your numbers, age and weight class?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Your numbers are real good. Like I said, you need to do some soul searching but should you focus on PLing and being your best, at your age and assuming normal progression, you should do well. You have some good years ahead of you with training.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The questions are basically:

Am I ok with probably dying a little younger to be the best?

Do I ever want to have children?

Am I cool with being married to a needle for the rest of my life?

I answered yes to all 3 and blast and cruised. ****in loved it.

Reaction score
The questions are basically:

Am I ok with probably dying a little younger to be the best?

Do I ever want to have children?

Am I cool with being married to a needle for the rest of my life?

I answered yes to all 3 and blast and cruised. ****in loved it.
we only got one life. Why not try to big and strong as you possibly can. Thanks for the feedback!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
its about health i would think..Blast and cruise even cycling all depends on health and what your blood work says

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I would imagine blast and cruise is just as healthy (or more so) than cycling so long as your cruise is at a physiologically normal test level. But Im sure anyone going that route has to be prepared for trt for life AND the possibility that it might be harder to have kids in the future.

New Threads