how to stop catabolism of muscle doing lots of cardio

4acesbro21

Elite
Reaction score
quick question and just looking for tips regards to diet and trying to keep my muscle full and minimize muscle loss ,

i currently train 6 days a week with doing very little cardio and i stay pretty lean but ill soon be changing that to do some mma training , which will mean about 6 hours probably more of high intensity cardio.

the last time i had a fight i lost around 9 lbs but i looks flat as hell and rather them looking lean , has any1 got any tips to prevent muacle loss whem doing so much cardio , ill still be weight training around 3 days.a week doing heavy lifts

El Gringo

Reaction score
eat some steroids

Last edited:
Reactions: Jin

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
BCAAs..... And tren

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Id bet I do 4 hours or so of cardio a week. It makes it harder to bulk but you can make up for it with a super nasty high cal diet. Id bet the guys on here can point you to some stuff thatd help keep it on ya.

I think this is kinda the intended use of primobolan but these juice monkeys would know better. Wheres POB?

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maintain a positive nitrogen balance. That’s the best way to prevent catabolism. The best way to maintain a positive nitrogen balance is to consume protein every few hours.

Also, make sure you’re getting in plenty of carbs. Your muscles NEED glycogen and you’ll be depleting them considerably with that style of training.

Of course if you’re allowed to be enhanced, exogenous hormones will increase nitrogen retention and protein synthesis as well, which makes it pretty damn hard to actually go into gluconeogenesis (eg catabolism).

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score
I agree with your 3 day a week Heavy compound movements. If your doing mma, don’t do any other cardio or basketball, etc. and eat protein with carbs at least every 3-4 hrs. EEA’s multiple times per day ( even sip during exercise) . I like hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese and walnuts right before bed also! Good luck with your MMA!!

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maintain a positive nitrogen balance. That’s the best way to prevent catabolism. The best way to maintain a positive nitrogen balance is to consume protein every few hours.

Also, make sure you’re getting in plenty of carbs. Your muscles NEED glycogen and you’ll be depleting them considerably with that style of training.

Of course if you’re allowed to be enhanced, exogenous hormones will increase nitrogen retention and protein synthesis as well, which makes it pretty damn hard to actually go into gluconeogenesis (eg catabolism).

here's a real answer

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Do what Gibs does.... knock out a few sets of curls then write “cardio” in the log book!

I had to gibs, it basically wrote itself...

New Threads