300mgs Test E for life?

Reaction score
48 years old
training for 30 years
a few cycles under my belt
my natural test levels are low. Zero sex drive tired all the time. Not low enough for insurance to pay for it
decided to do my own hrt but wanted to do a nice cycle before dialing it down
did 600 mgs Test e every 5 days with parabolin at 100 ed

Made great gains in terms of strength even while treating it as cutting cycle. I look better than I ever have and as strong as I was in my early 30’s. I started cycle at 200 lbs. Bulked up for first four weeks and got up to 216 lbs. then I started cutting the last 12 weeks and now at a pretty ripped (for me) 180 lbs. Still strong as hell (for me)

I do not plan to stop. Already have kids and no plans for more.

Is 300 mgs of Test e every 5 days too high? I want to stay where I am at. Actually want to gain more muscle. Do I need to go lower? I’ve done numerous blood tests and everything (except test levels) is normal. I plan on staying on test just curious as to how much it should be. The plan is to lower dose for a while and then do a heavier cycle a few times a year.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
48 years old
training for 30 years
my natural test levels are low. Zero sex drive tired all the time. Not low enough for insurance to pay for it

Made great gains in terms of strength even while treating it as cutting cycle. I look better than I ever have and as strong as I was in my early 30’s. I started cycle at 200 lbs. Bulked up for first four weeks and got up to 216 lbs. then I started cutting the last 12 weeks and now at a pretty ripped (for me) 180 lbs. Still strong as hell (for me)

Is 300 mgs of Test e every 5 days too high? I want to stay where I am at. Actually want to gain more muscle. Do I need to go lower? I’ve done numerous blood tests and everything (except test levels) is normal. I plan on staying on test just curious as to how much it should be. The plan is to lower dose for a while and then do a heavier cycle a few times a year.

Sure you can run a 420mg/wk cycle for life.

There are no rules, only consequences.

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
300 mg per week seems high to me. Everyone I know on TRT have doses ranging from 100mg-200mg some every week, some everyother week.
I have been on 200 mg per week for the last 5 or 6 years and my levels are usually 950-1050 7 days after my last shot.
I would start at 100-150 and get blood work done and see how that looks.
You could always taper down after a while and go back to the dr. You levels will be considerably lower and insurance will pay for it then.
Good luck.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I run 300mg test E every 10 days during cruise works out approx 200mg a week. 300mg every 5 days seems a bit high but there are many that cruise on that and higher. As Jin says it might not be the best for your health. If your test levels are low confirmed by blood tests why not get trt script from doc get your e2 dialled in by them then blast between blood tests

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
200 per week is more like it and thats even high for some people. Once you get above normal physiologic levels, youre accepting more and more risk.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I cruise at 150 every 5 and normal trt is 150-200. 300 is considered high so expect the side effects, short and long term, from continuously high doses.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
OP stated 300mg e5d.

That’s not 300/wk that’s 420mg/wk.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I'm on 300 mg of test per week for TRT for life. I'm not normal tho, my trough numbers on 200 mg are lower than 90% of guys.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
only true way to figure that out is just get some blood work over an extended period. my Rx is 100mg/wk and that puts me around 600-700 which is where the Dr will allow it. Tried to get a small bump but since fairly new to the program, thats where he is keeping it for the next year

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
If your question is, "Can I cruise and get away with 300 test every 5 days and have no ill health effects?" My semi-educated guess is no. Now maybe you will not be the one who has high BP, high crits, tendon problem and whatever else comes with running Test at that level but I doubt it. At 420 a week, most guys would need an AI. If you're one of them, are you good with taking Adex for the rest of your life and does that carry any long term side effects?

Some things that raised an eyebrow with me:

You put on 16 lbs in 4 weeks; that shouldn't have happened. Then you lost 26 lbs in 12 weeks; that shouldn't have happened. At your body weight and presuming a solid lifting back ground, these fluctuation shouldn't be happening.

With all due respect, I'm wondering if you were on point with your diet and training before the cycle. Look, that's not an attack, it's not my style but I am trying to help. If you maybe were not pushing all your chip to the middle of the table with your diet and training before, and only you can answer that, I would recommend this: Drop your Test E to 150 mg every 5 days, attack your training and diet like you did when you were banging over 800 test a week. Run that for 4-5 months and see how it goes. I bet your not far off of where you are now in the long run and have taken much less of a risk. Then after that, come summer, up the test and run a cycle for 16 weeks.

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
My prescribed trt dose is 120mg per week. This keep me about 850 or so total. My free test is usually at the low end though

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Been taking 12.5 of Arimidex eod. I will lower my test intake. I’ve been doing bloodwork regularly. I forgot to mention that for the first 8 weeks I was also doing NPP. I kind of screwed up my AI intake as I read most people overdo it and really don’t need it until nips start itching. I was in pretty good shape when I started. The big weight gain I attribute to eating a ton and not doing any AI’s. I also started at 600 mgs every 5 days for the first twelve weeks. When I started to cut I just ate absolutely clean. High protein, low carb, high good fat. I could not eat enough to keep weight up. Actually, ended up working perfectly. 180 lbs. and cut and still as strong as I have been in my life. I have been stronger before but that was late 20’s-early 30’s.

I will drop to 150mgs every 5 days. That sound ok? Having said that do I still need to add AI’s to the diet? It messed me up not taking anything the first 8 weeks especially with a Deca product. Screwed up my estrogen levels but I have that all fixed now.

Again, thanks for the responses.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Been taking 12.5 of Arimidex eod. I will lower my test intake. I’ve been doing bloodwork regularly. I forgot to mention that for the first 8 weeks I was also doing NPP. I kind of screwed up my AI intake as I read most people overdo it and really don’t need it until nips start itching. I was in pretty good shape when I started. The big weight gain I attribute to eating a ton and not doing any AI’s. I also started at 600 mgs every 5 days for the first twelve weeks. When I started to cut I just ate absolutely clean. High protein, low carb, high good fat. I could not eat enough to keep weight up. Actually, ended up working perfectly. 180 lbs. and cut and still as strong as I have been in my life. I have been stronger before but that was late 20’s-early 30’s.

I will drop to 150mgs every 5 days. That sound ok? Having said that do I still need to add AI’s to the diet? It messed me up not taking anything the first 8 weeks especially with a Deca product. Screwed up my estrogen levels but I have that all fixed now.

Again, thanks for the responses.

That does explain a few things. FYI, Deca and NPP are nandrolones, just with different esters. I doubt you will need an AI on that 150 I recommended but blood work always tells the tail. I'm happy you took my advice. You hone your skills and you will bridge the gap without the extra gear over the long run. As a favor, could you stick around and keep us posted?

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
150 is a much better life long dose.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
48 years old
training for 30 years

You are looking to cruise not trt. These guys are all talking to you about trt because you said for life. I think you are asking the wrong question. When you are in a wheelchair and can't control your own bowels anymore you won't give a **** about your biceps.

So for now, you want to keep your gains for the foreseeable future. That we can talk about.

To find your cruise dose, it's an experiment. You take only as much as you need to maintain weight. You may still need some adex where in trt you typically have no sides.

Start at 300 per week of cyp and see how that suits you. Make plans for blood work at 6 weeks. You want to see total test, estradiol and hematocrit at a minimum.

Reaction score
So I will cut down to 150 every five days. Yes, I know in long run it is better on me. I am looking to dose a little higher than a trt dose however. I don’t want to have just normal test levels. I want them to be a little higher than normal if you know what I mean. Yes, I screwed up with NPP and not taking anything with it. I went from having an unlimited libido to not caring at all and did not care about sex mid cycle. Just a dumbass. I fixed it with everyone’s help. Like I said I am old. Last time I was doing a cycle would 500 mgs of Sustenon per week and keep some Nolvadex around if your nips begin to itch. This whole keep your estrogen levels in check is totally new to me but, damn, it can mess you up for a while if you don’t watch it.

Reaction score
Maybe 500mg/week with 10--12 weeks or longer will help you a lot.

New Threads