Stero's journey to The Stage

Sterolizer

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So I'm sitting here and thinking where should I start with my story...

Jan 2012 gave me a bad in mouth by starting the year off badly. I was in the gym one day, when I started coughing, and was having a really hard time breathing. So I drove my ass to the hospital after it wasn't getting any better. I only had a sp02 of 82%, bp of 149/97, and a resting heart rate of 140bpm. They took me straight into emerg, and were surprised I drove myself in. Hooked up to IV, oxygen, heartmonitor, etc, and they began taking xrays of my chest. They found my pericardial sac to be inflamed, and my lungs were full of fluid. They put me on lasik's asap. Then then transfered me by ambulance to the main hospital in Edmonton.

After a long ass time, they had treated me for pneumonia, and also did several other test such as ecg's, ultrasound of my heart, MRI, and angiograms. I got better and better over time from the antibiotics. And was released later in the month, but over that time I had lost a ton of weight from lack of sleep, and not eating much, because of lack of appetite.

I then decided in beginning of feburary I was going to recomp. Here is what I looked like in the beginning of febuary on the 1st

10dcci1.jpg

42kp1.jpg

37qch.jpg

And after 3+ months of recomp this is what I looked like as of april 27th (please ignore the mcdonalds bag as it was for a contest)

2ikzho0.jpg

29ptaua.jpg

6zojvc.jpg

Now I will be keeping a log for a 5X5, as I'm looking to gain solely mass, and size. I will also be posting my meal journal in here too, along with update pictures, and if I get enough followers, I'll do videos too. The routine is going to look like this>

Over these next 25 weeks, I will be working a 5x5 routine. Which will look like this.

Workout A: 5x5 squats. 5x5 bench press. 5x5 BB reverse rows. 5x5 French press.

Workout B: 5x5 squats. 5x5 BB Overhead press. 5x5 Deadlift. 5x5 Drag curls

Mon:A, Wed:B, Fri:A
Mon:B, Wed:A, Fri:B
Etc.

Here's the plan, bulk while building as much mass, and strength without getting too fat. The entire plan is going to be Bulk over this year of 2012, and beginning of next jan/feb, I'll begin cutting for the national qualifiers which is held in June of 2013. Any advice or motivation will be greatly appreciated. Any questions or concerns feel free to ask! I will be running a cycle for this if you want to know about it just PM, or ask here and I'll let you know

Sterolizer

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah guess I should included my stats...

I've just turned 22
height is 5'5
weight is around 150-160
maybe 10-13% bf as you can see in the latest pictures.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
subb man.....what are you using AAS wise for the bulk??

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great progress, Bro!! Keep it up!

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking great man.

Sterolizer

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
tell us a little about your diet also plz

This is what I will be following...

Consume a diet consisting roughly of 40 to 50 percent carbs, 30 to 40 percent protein, and 25 to 35 percent fat while following a clean bulking diet. While most of your meals should contain a fair blend of the three macronutrients, the meals before and after your workout should consist of just carbs and protein (in a 2:1 ratio) with minimal fat. This approach will avoid the slowdown in digestion that occurs from fat consumption, helping to shuttle more nutrients into your muscles when you need them most--to prepare you for an impending workout and to recover from a completed workout. Beyond that, each meal you consume should be roughly aligned with the listed percentages--most of the meal should consist of healthy carbs such as fruits, vegetables, brown rice, whole grains and sweet potatoes; a moderate portion of the meal should consist of lean protein from low-fat meat, chicken, turkey, eggs or seafood, and a smaller portion of the meal should contain healthy fat from fat-containing fruit (think avocados), nuts, seeds or healthy cooking oils like olive or coconut. Aim to consume just enough calories to add roughly a pound per week, as this slow but steady rate of gains should be sufficient to enable you to add maximal size without adding excessive fat to your waistline.

Sample Meals
A sample breakfast while on a clean bulking diet might consist of several scrambled eggs, a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and Cinnamon and several fish oil capsules. A sample lunch might consist of a large garden salad with several grilled chicken breasts, and a few tablespoons of natural peanut butter. A sample dinner might be a lean cut of flank steak served with a sweet potato and a spinach and tomato salad with olive oil or balsamic dressing. As a snack throughout the day, consider blending up protein powder in milk with berries and a tablespoon or two of natural peanut butter for a healthy high-calorie shake to help you reach your goals.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LMAO at the spoon pic...

Sterolizer as seen on the misc? lololololol...

You got a good foundation going bro. Keep it rolling. :)

Sterolizer

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
LMAO at the spoon pic...

Sterolizer as seen on the misc? lololololol...

You got a good foundation going bro. Keep it rolling. :)

What do you mean misc lol? These next 25 weeks are going to be a fun ride. Hopefully I can pack 5-7lbs of solid muscle in then

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looking good so far man, I'm watching! Yeah what's with the spoon? lol

Sterolizer

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lettuce be cereal... the bb.com misc section. Full of trolls. Its where the idea of the spoon pic originated from. U aware brah?

Nope can't say I've ever posted in the misc section of BB.com, I do have a journal/log there too though. Under the same name.

Looking good so far man, I'm watching! Yeah what's with the spoon? lol

The spoon pic was for a online contest to know that the pictures were recent.

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My road to the stage begins May 28th...and its going to be a looooong one 12 weeks of eating clean training dirty!! 8 can't wait to dance with Miss Tren once again. Good luck with everything bro!! And wish you a fast recovery!! Good progress so far keep it up!!!

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That weight class is all about who gets the most shredded good luck my man that is a tough weight class!

Sterolizer

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My road to the stage begins May 28th...and its going to be a looooong one 12 weeks of eating clean training dirty!! 8 can't wait to dance with Miss Tren once again. Good luck with everything bro!! And wish you a fast recovery!! Good progress so far keep it up!!!

Thanks bro! Are you starting a journal too?

That weight class is all about who gets the most shredded good luck my man that is a tough weight class!
Genetics wise I can cut like crazy, and I have thin skin which gives me the grainy/veiny look!

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I might stero...never have before, but I'm sure I would get a lot of support.

Sterolizer

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Tonight's workout.

Squat:
5x5 165lb

BB Bench press:
5x5 150lb

BB *row:
5x5 150lb

French press:
5x5 40lb