Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 27
  1. #1
    Member daddyboul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 43 Times in 26 Posts

    Newbie to the forum here

    hey everyone thought I'd introduce myself considering I just joined the form. I'm currently 18 years old 5'6" and 210 pounds, I've been lifting off and on for about 7 years, and have really been more persistent in the last 4 or so. I also happen to be a type I diabetic since the age of 11(the reason I originally got into lifting was to help maintain blood sugars). I've only been lifting for about two weeks now since I was forced to stop after a motorcycle accident that occurred on July 24th(ended up with a trans-scaphoid perilunate dislocation and distal radius fracture in the left wrist, and a femur fracture as well as a type V tibial plateau fracture in the left leg). Ended up spending two months in bed 23 hours a day losing a lot of the good, and gaining a lot of the bad. I'm hoping to meet people here who have similar experiences with regaining atrophied muscle after injury and just hoping to learn anything as I'm sure there is a lot to learn from people on here. I also really love to talk about the more sciencey stuff especially if it has any regards to the endocrine system or other cellular interactions.


  2. #2
    Member Naf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    That really sucks yo, but welcome!

    *Edit
    There was a lot of big words in your post and my fingers clicked post before my brain could try to understand what they mean. I'm sure you'll be able to find what you're looking for or at least the next step here. I would know, I've been here a whole 3 days.
    Last edited by Naf; 12-12-2018 at 02:01 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Naf For This Useful Post:

    daddyboul (12-12-2018)

  4. #3
    Member daddyboul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 43 Times in 26 Posts
    thanks for the welcome Nafs, Im really glad you found some useful information so quickly, I can tell this is a great forum. Also, I saw your progress post and you are definitely heading in the right direction, and I really hope you only continue to become better!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to daddyboul For This Useful Post:

    Naf (12-12-2018)

  6. #4
    Member Naf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Haha that's so nice of you dude, thank you. The 3 day thing was a joke tho, I just said that because everyone here is extremely forward and willing to fill in the blanks.
    Last edited by Naf; 12-12-2018 at 02:16 PM.

  7. #5
    Senior Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sunnyvale Trailer Park
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 90 Times in 68 Posts
    The endocrine system's complexity is vast. SO when you say sciencey stuff and cellular interactions i am confused by the nature of your study. Considering the millions and millions of types of cells, along with a cell being the smallest form of life on earth, it is very hard to discern what you are seeking. Furthermore, one could deduce that a young male as yourself is seeking to gain knowledge on illegal substances from strangers on the internet. More specifically "Juice" or "gear" as the lay man may call it. I must inform you that this is purely an informative site. Not only that, but also subjective experiences from members with chronic use of "Juice" can be found and perhaps if you are lucky they will share. Drugs not Hugs.


    Welcome

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Merlin For This Useful Post:

    daddyboul (12-12-2018)

  9. #6
    Member Naf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    The endocrine system's complexity is vast. SO when you say sciencey stuff and cellular interactions i am confused by the nature of your study. Considering the millions and millions of types of cells, along with a cell being the smallest form of life on earth, it is very hard to discern what you are seeking. Furthermore, one could deduce that a young male as yourself is seeking to gain knowledge on illegal substances from strangers on the internet. More specifically "Juice" or "gear" as the lay man may call it. I must inform you that this is purely an informative site. Not only that, but also subjective experiences from members with chronic use of "Juice" can be found and perhaps if you are lucky they will share. Drugs not Hugs.


    Welcome


    yo I didn't even catch that

  10. #7
    Member daddyboul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 43 Times in 26 Posts
    please ignore this message im an idiot and cant figure out how to delete it....
    Last edited by daddyboul; 12-12-2018 at 02:40 PM.

  11. #8
    Member daddyboul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 43 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    The endocrine system's complexity is vast. SO when you say sciencey stuff and cellular interactions i am confused by the nature of your study. Considering the millions and millions of types of cells, along with a cell being the smallest form of life on earth, it is very hard to discern what you are seeking. Furthermore, one could deduce that a young male as yourself is seeking to gain knowledge on illegal substances from strangers on the internet. More specifically "Juice" or "gear" as the lay man may call it. I must inform you that this is purely an informative site. Not only that, but also subjective experiences from members with chronic use of "Juice" can be found and perhaps if you are lucky they will share. Drugs not Hugs.




    Welcome
    Sorry to be more specific mostly the study of insulin and its involvement in many of its pathways. I've always found it an interesting hormone especially because I'm diabetic and growing up I've only thought of it as a way for cells to get glucose, but its been really interesting to learn its actually involved so much more in a lot of the body's anabolic and catabolic pathways. And im not here to ask questions about gear(not to say I'm not interested in itor interested in talking about it), but from what ive seen any questions I may have, had probably already been answered 100 times across multiple boards. Plus being a diabetic gives me access to a lot of docs that can always inform me. Thanks for welcome(also I don't remember a Merlin in Sunnyvale, were you the guy in the background always working out at Julians bar??)

  12. #9
    Senior Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Sunnyvale Trailer Park
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 90 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyboul View Post
    Sorry to be more specific mostly the study of insulin and its involvement in many of its pathways. I've always found it an interesting hormone especially because I'm diabetic and growing up I've only thought of it as a way for cells to get glucose, but its been really interesting to learn its actually involved so much more in a lot of the body's anabolic and catabolic pathways. And im not here to ask questions about gear(not to say I'm not interested in itor interested in talking about it), but from what ive seen any questions I may have, had probably already been answered 100 times across multiple boards. Plus being a diabetic gives me access to a lot of docs that can always inform me. Thanks for welcome(also I don't remember a Merlin in Sunnyvale, were you the guy in the background always working out at Julians bar??)
    Just busting you balls man. I live in the dope trailer

  13. #10
    Moderator Jin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Far East
    Posts
    5,338
    Thanks
    5,407
    Thanked 7,226 Times in 3,214 Posts
    There are a handful of guys on here that have had extremely traumatic accidents and have recovered and have impressive physiques. Hopefully one or two can respond.

    Holier than thou,
    Juiced Up Gorilla.


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

    daddyboul (12-12-2018)

  15. #11
    Veteran snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    6,978
    Thanks
    4,928
    Thanked 8,530 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Welcome aboard. Is there some movements you're not allowed to to at this point?
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:

    daddyboul (12-12-2018)

  17. #12
    Member daddyboul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    90
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 43 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    Welcome aboard. Is there some movements you're not allowed to to at this point?
    Thanks for the welcome! As far as the knee goes i pretty much have a full range of motion, flexion is a little short of full but its definitely a functional range. The wrist is a different story(I have about 35 degrees of extension and 40 degrees of flexion). Supposedly I wasn't supposed to have more than 15/30 according to the ortho so anything past here would be a bargain. Because of the wrist things like the bench is a little difficult because in order to keep the bar from slipping out i kinda gotta cheat with the elbow, so I cant fully lock arms during the rep. That isnt entirely bad because it makes it much more difficult on the tricep which suffered a lot of atrophy so its helping revive that muscle back. Other than the wrist everything is good to go

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daddyboul For This Useful Post:

    snake (12-13-2018),Ulauma (12-13-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New to forum here to learn!
    By Robdjents in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-09-2018, 05:43 PM
  2. Newbie to forum, not to gym ;-)
    By Stephen Black in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2017, 08:13 PM
  3. Hello, I'm new here! And so new with this forum posting.
    By Yomand101 in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-14-2015, 10:40 PM
  4. New here and glad to be on this forum first one to ever be on.
    By Youngblood1984 in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-14-2015, 10:39 PM
  5. newbie to the site and relative newbie to gear here.
    By CUTTING_DOWN in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •