Favorite handgun

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
I conceal carry a S&W Shield but it's not my favorite gun to shoot - though I do effectively. Sometimes I pocket carry a small LCP2 - it's surprisingly easy to shoot given how small it is. I prefer shooting my CZ-75 at the range but it's not practical to carry as it weights like 2.5 pounds and is full-size.

Latest toy is a Glock 20 in 10mm. I'm ordering some hot rounds via Buffalo Bore and Underwood to see how it shoots. Just in case I need to shoot through my house and the neighbors fridge.

RustyShackelford

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy my Glock 17.
I pocket an LCP. It’s not a joy to shoot but will get the job done if needed.
I would have to say my favorite was a Ruger P89 that I had for 20 years. Some c*cksucker decided he needed it more than me and stole it from my truck sitting in the driveway.

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
Love my M&P 9c, but being a double stack its hard to CC and not print/have noticeable bulge.

goto ED carry is a LCP, put the viridian laser on it along with the typical heavy recoil spring, grip and pinky mod- need to just put the Apex trigger in and call it a day, keep wanting to lighten trigger spring too; but am scared ill shoot myself on a draw with a light spring.

buddy bought a G43 9mm; love love that little gun!!! Egros are made perfectly for me, reliable shooter regardless of ammo brand, little bigger than the LCP, but still easily a nice pocket rocket

daddyboul

Reaction score
Mine is a Femaru m37. Its an old WWII Hungarian handgun in 9mm kurz. The Luftwaffe had their own version in .32acp. Personally, I only like it because it came from my grandfather and is beautifully machined, not the most practical but it isn't like ill be carrying in NJ anytime soon....

IHI

Elite
Reaction score
One of my other children....

View attachment 7025

Springfeild is also an excellent shooter that has phenomenal egro’s. Only reason i will never own one is the bullshit you have to send it in for any and all service as they will not sell parts to dealers/vendors:(

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Springfeild is also an excellent shooter that has phenomenal egro’s. Only reason i will never own one is the bullshit you have to send it in for any and all service as they will not sell parts to dealers/vendors:(

Have had it for years...thank god no issues!!! Lol..was a gift!

Reactions: IHI

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I have a couple of Glock 20s that I purchased as car guns just for the sheer power of 10mm. One of them was a used gen 2.5 and the night sights are going dim whereas the other needs night sights. While I do own several Glock handguns, my favorites to shoot are my 1911s in .45 ACP. My EDC is a Kel-Tec P3AT. In the winter time, I sometimes carry a Glock 19, but I also have a Glock 43 that my wife no longer wanted that I need to figure out what to do with...

For the longest time, as in when I did traveling audit to not so good areas, I carried both a Glock 19 IWB and a Glock 26 in an ankle holster. IDK why I got away from that...

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Glock 43 (but hate the trigger). My personal carry is the Springfield Xd Mod-2 9mm. It's a great little shooter and for a double stack, it's pretty small. Obviously, it's not Glock 43 for size/weight, but it's small enough for me, and I like having the extra capacity. And the trigger is great, at least in my personal opinion.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I almost forgot, my dad gave me one of the first made Ruger Mark II, in great shape but haven’t gone shooting in forever!

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Definitely my Sig Pro .357. Also have one in .40, everything interchangeable. Most reliable and smooth handgun I've ever shot. For carry I go with a Kahr PM .40.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
in the glove box the Jimenez JA9

Its a heavy comfortable reliable workhorse

fired 300 rounds of federal steel casing 7.95 per 50 ct cheapest they've got at walmart

without a hitch never even cleaned it goes right back in the glove box

View attachment 7027

thats beating out the SW9VE that cost 3 times more

View attachment 7028

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Gen 3 Glock 19 is my edc. Has never done me wrong. Eats what I feed her and goes bang every time I pull her trigger.

I was gifted a CMMG Banshee by me bosses at work and technically it's a pistol so I'll claim that one as 'most fun to shoot'.

57a1896-gmg_2.jpg

New Threads