Chicken Spices - List your favorites here!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We all get tired of the same old same-old: chicken breasts and rice...some green veg...lather, rinse, repeat

We've got to spice that chit up, Mates!!!

List your favorite cooking spices here. I'll start with a few...

* Cumin (give an earthy, mildly spicy taste to chicken especially when prepped in a slow cooker overnight)

* Turmeric (Indian spice, get over the yellow tint it's actually good for you and tastes pretty good also )

* Chili powder (A bit of heat plus flavor - 'nuff said)

More!!!!

- Savage

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love to chop cilantro and jalapeno if pan cooking the diced chicken. I baked my chicken and turkey and I thank god I found dijonaisse. Low in everything including sodium, but really good.

I also use onion powder, garlic powder and yes I love the chili powder.

G

Georgia

I just go to Walmart and get the Lawry's Seasoning Salt. Pretty good but nothing special. Good thread as it will give me new ideas

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am staying low on salt, otherwise I would be all over seasoning salts and marinades.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just go to Walmart and get the Lawry's Seasoning Salt. Pretty good but nothing special. Good thread as it will give me new ideas

Same here... Lawry's and red hot... I put that shit on everything.

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Lawry's Seasoning Salt is the shit!, i put it on chicken and some steaks, depending on the cut.

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If grilling I like dry rubs & marinades.
For dry rub I like, chilli powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, mustard powder, black pepper & a little kosher salt.

For Marinades: Some vinegar (red wine vinegar is my favorite) or Lemon juice,
some dried herbs, thyme, oregano, rosemary, or chopped bay leave, garlic or onion powder.
dijon mustard, a little olive oil & a little black pepper & a little kosher salt.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Powder chili cilantro cumin a bit of lemmon. I love adobo goya, but cant have it lol.

Reaction score
I am trying a few different spices atm, crushed ginger has worked out good sometimes, and lemon juice.
Also i love cooking the chicken in vinegar, preferably white wine vinegar, and putting a nice bit of worcestershire sauce into the mix as well, gives it a nice flavour without being too hot.

HH

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add, Goya has a lot of different variety,love their line of spices

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am trying a few different spices atm, crushed ginger has worked out good sometimes, and lemon juice.
Also i love cooking the chicken in vinegar, preferably white wine vinegar, and putting a nice bit of worcestershire sauce into the mix as well, gives it a nice flavour without being too hot.

THIS (the white wine vinegar marinade with Worcestershire sauce) sounds damned good!

New Threads