Hook straps

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I fell in love with these hooks 30 years ago when a Pro named Joe Meeko gave them to me to try out. Since that time I used 2 other brands. The Pro Iron Gear one was good for only a few weeks. After that the thinner wrist band started to bunch up in the metal ring. I have been using the RDX for several months now and the quality and thickness of the material exceed that of the Pro Iron Gear.

If you never have used hook straps but like wrist straps, look into these. They are the bomb for chins and lat pulldowns because you do not have to go through the wrapping. They are always even with the grip unlike straps that can sometimes not be equally tight.

v2MYMRl.jpg

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Didn't you tear a hamstring because of these things?

You recall the freak accident? There were several things that went wrong in matter of a second, not being able to put the weight down was one of them. And for that reason, I would not recommend using them for DL or Stiff Legs. If you need to get out of Dodge quick, you're fuuked with these because you're locked in and can't drop the weight. They are good for lower cable rows or shrugs out of the rack.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do these assist with wrist curls in the squat rack?

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why do you have to clarify that they are done in the squat rack? Everyone knows that everything that involves curling is done in the squat rack.
This is the Underground. No assumptions can be made, we have to ALWAYS set the right example for the newbs.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I could definitely see using them for certain rows and pull downs especially at the end of a workout.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You recall the freak accident? There were several things that went wrong in matter of a second, not being able to put the weight down was one of them. And for that reason, I would not recommend using them for DL or Stiff Legs. If you need to get out of Dodge quick, you're fuuked with these because you're locked in and can't drop the weight. They are good for lower cable rows or shrugs out of the rack.

I used to abuse my back. Even training day I hit at least a few sets of rows or pullups. Doing so benefited me in many ways but the problem is my tennis elbow would flare up frequently.

Hooks and straps like this stopped that from happening. Helped establish a mind-muscle connection too. Enables you to pull from the elbow rather than the hands.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Hooks and straps like this stopped that from happening. Helped establish a mind-muscle connection too. Enables you to pull from the elbow rather than the hands.

Not a truer word has been spoken. The hooks really get you to pull with the elbow even more then the straps because you use less hands and wrist.

Side note: You surprised thus far no one started in on losing grip strength? lol

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not a truer word has been spoken. The hooks really get you to pull with the elbow even more then the straps because you use less hands and wrist.

Side note: You surprised thus far no one started in on losing grip strength? lol

Anyone who claims you lose grip strength should attend a strongman comp.

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score
Nice! I have a pair but have not gotten up to using them yet. I am definitely looking forward to using them soon