Brief exposure to performance-enhancing drugs may be permanently ‘remembered’ by muscles

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
I'm sure you can pinpoint which fields should use mice and which fields shouldn't. I will choose to be more cautious and take things as they are presented to me. I'm sure the university of Oslo funds anything that sounds impressive.
Exactly. Skepticism is the way to go here. It is basically what this board is doing in this thread. Do not accept things just because an authority figure is producing the results. Ask yourself why they're studying what they're studying, why they're using a certain methodology, why they're interpreting results a certain way, etc, etc. Skepticism is the key to knowledge here :)

Last edited:

November Ajax

Reaction score
Exactly. Skepticism is the way to go here. It is basically what this board, admittedly mostly me, is doing in this thread. Do not accept things just because an authority figure is producing the results. Ask yourself why they're studying what they're studying, why they're using a certain methodology, why they're interpreting results a certain way, etc, etc. Skepticism is the key to knowledge here :)

Dude, I'm saying the same thing. Even the article says that it may have the same effect on humans. I wasn't about to start taking steroids now, but I think a topic like this is worthy of being kept under surveillance, and I don't think that the fact that it started on mice is a reason to discard its importance and potential.

Reaction score
Don't give a rats. Still no cure for balding! We dont need no ebola cure. Fix balding or I riot!

MonkeyBusiness

Reaction score
Lol, do you have a filter that only shows you studies on mice? Do mice even go bald?

Well given that I AM a mouse, those are the studies I choose to read.
I know I haven't posted a photo of myself yet so here's one that may help clear things up:

strong-mouse.jpg

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
The reason we start these kind of tests on mice is because we are, genetically, more than 90% similar to them.
We share 50% of our dna with bananas too, but taking one up the ass don’t make you gay.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
The reason we start these kind of tests on mice is because we are, genetically, more than 90% similar to them.

And we share a little over 60% genetically with a banana, so shouldn't the results be mostly similar pinning a banana with tren as a human...?

And actually, if you take a look at non-coding genes, the genetic similarities between humans and mice goes down to about 50%...

MonkeyBusiness

Reaction score
And we share a little over 60% genetically with a banana, so shouldn't the results be mostly similar pinning a banana with tren as a human...?

And actually, if you take a look at non-coding genes, the genetic similarities between humans and mice goes down to about 50%...

Why would you look only at non-coding genes?

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting you would look at only non-coding dna, I am just suggesting that 90% statistic is not actually as high as it's made out to be...

MonkeyBusiness

Reaction score
Why would scientists continue to use mice if they were no good at showing us what could happen to human subjects?

New Threads