First cycle thoughts?

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I'm planning my first cycle and want some input.

5'10"
225 lbs
33 years old
TRT at 175mg per week
Lifting consistently for 5 years
Down in weight from 340lbs

I cut down to 175 over a couple years after starting TRT and then have slowly gotten up to 225.

My thoughts are as follows:

Weeks 1-16 500mg Test C
Arimidex if needed based on bloods at week 5 (I don't need it at 175mg per week)

Then I'd like to add Anavar in for weeks 10-16 at 50mg per day.

I know the recommended first cycle is test only, but I've been on test for 5 years. I figure the first 10 weeks will be test only so why not have a bit of fun for the last 6 by adding some anavar in?

Ultimate goal is to do a moderate cut and maintain as much lbm as possible. I'm hoping to maybe even add some on since it will be my first run at a super-physiological dose.

I'm still working on narrowing down a source to isel so I'm not looking to rush into it by any means. All feedback is welcome.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Sounds like you’ve put some thought in..how’s your diet?...make sure it’s dialed in BEFORE you start and not the day you start!..good luck man!

Merlin

Reaction score
That will be a good first one. You could also run dbol for the first 4 weeks instead of var

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
looks fine from here. Sounds like you've done well with your weight control. wow from 340 to 175. That required discipline.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Looks good man. Obviously you know how to work hard.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Well, we’ve heard far worse ideas from new guys. Only thing I’d change is make your first 10 a recomp.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
How fat are you currently?

I think the drugs are fine. Just would suggest you focus on building strength and muscle and let the fat come off over time. More muscle you have the easier the fat comes off (typically).

Reaction score
How fat are you currently?

I think the drugs are fine. Just would suggest you focus on building strength and muscle and let the fat come off over time. More muscle you have the easier the fat comes off (typically).

Thank you for the replies everyone!

So would you think Dbol instead of Anavar might be better? Maybe eat at maintenance or slightly above for cycle duration and start a moderate cut after cycle?

I'm currently about 18-20% BF

Reaction score

So would you think Dbol instead of Anavar might be better? Maybe eat at maintenance or slightly above for cycle duration and start a moderate cut after cycle?

I wouldn’t personally bother with dbol at bf% higher than like 15 or so. It bloated the **** out of me at high bf

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

I agree with 30... You certainly could run Dbol but I would tend to recommend it a little leaner. I see no issues with running the var for 6 weeks at the end. Var is quite mild but I really like it and I think you will get some benefit from it at the end of your cycle.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Dbol could put back your fat loss progress, stick with the anavar like pob said. I have personally put a shed load of fat on with dbol starting at a higher bodyfat %

New Threads