Rhino’s Monster Mash

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I like meals that I can quickly make for the whole week, and this is definitely one.
I swapped the chicken stock out for bone broth and my meals consist of 1/2cup rice(dry), 1/2LB 93% lean grass fed ground beef and 1/2 cup bone broth, and they are freaking delicious.

I can make 8 containers in about an hour.

https://youtu.be/3434EHu36sg

MonkeyBusiness

Reaction score
How do you prepare the beef? Or do you just boil all ingredients together?

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
How do you prepare the beef? Or do you just boil all ingredients together?

I used two pounds of ground beef on my griddle with seasoning, but a large pan would do the trick.

Rice I used a large pot, cause Mrs. Beezy would not be ok with her rice cooker sitting on the counter 24/7 with the timer on.

Last edited:

November Ajax

Reaction score
This is great. I'm always looking for ways to cook less and eat more. I'll definitely give this a try.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I only used bone broth instead of chicken stock because of a Joe Rogan podcast where some dudes were raving about it, but bone broth has 10g protein per cup while stock has zero, and they taste the same.

I don’t put the broth in the containers until they’re ready to go in the microwave.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
So you don't cook the rice in the broth?

I cook it with water, salt and butter. Mainly because I didn’t have the broth when I started, I went and bought it the next day, but it all came out so good I probably won’t change anything.

MonkeyBusiness

Reaction score
I've never cooked my rice w butter... adding diced onion works wonders tho. A bit of tumeric, too

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I've never cooked my rice w butter... adding diced onion works wonders tho. A bit of tumeric, too

I used two tablespoons with two cups dry rice and two teaspoons of salt and was drooling about round two by lunchtime.

Bicepticon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I only used bone broth instead of chicken stock because of a Joe Rogan podcast where some dudes were raving about it, but bone broth has 10g protein per cup while stock has zero, and they taste the same.

I don’t put the broth in the containers until they’re ready to go in the microwave.
I learned to do this, too! If not, it was super dry!

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Never tried it with bison or lean ground meat. OTOH, I do make a ground turkey stir fry with ginger, Chinese five spice, and soy sauce that I usually mix with brown rice cooked in broth and spinach.

I'm going to have to try the monster mash as part of my meal prep.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Never tried it with bison or lean ground meat. OTOH, I do make a ground turkey stir fry with ginger, Chinese five spice, and soy sauce that I usually mix with brown rice cooked in broth and spinach.

I'm going to have to try the monster mash as part of my meal prep.

I’m adding 1/2 cup of chopped spinach to them going forward. Not sure about the taste out of the microwave, but I love it in the pan with my eggs

Reaction score
I like meals that I can quickly make for the whole week, and this is definitely one.
I swapped the chicken stock out for bone broth and my meals consist of 1/2cup rice(dry), 1/2LB 93% lean grass fed ground beef and 1/2 cup bone broth, and they are freaking delicious.

I can make 8 containers in about an hour.

https://youtu.be/3434EHu36sg

Stan is the man! I can do monster mash and steak and rice all day. Only part I need to get better at eating is breakfast.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Still going strong with these meals. I made some with NY strips I got on sale, but my jaw hurts eating steak twice a day recently, even tender stuff.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Where does this put your macros for the day? How often are you eating the dish daily?

Reaction score
Still going strong with these meals. I made some with NY strips I got on sale, but my jaw hurts eating steak twice a day recently, even tender stuff.

Try getting a meat tenderizer and flattening the steak out a little bit before seasoning it and grilling. I watched a video of the rhino doing that for all his steaks before he grills them. He says they aren't as tough and it makes them cook quicker.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Try getting a meat tenderizer and flattening the steak out a little bit before seasoning it and grilling. I watched a video of the rhino doing that for all his steaks before he grills them. He says they aren't as tough and it makes them cook quicker.

I get really tender steaks, but It doesn’t seem to matter.
I think I may be clenching my teeth at night on this blast.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Where does this put your macros for the day? How often are you eating the dish daily?

I eat two a day of:

-1 cup long grain white rice
-1/2LB 92% lean ground beef
-1/2 cup bone broth

Per meal it’s:

-567 Calories
-18g fat
-45g carbs
-51g protein

These are between my three meals, and other than breakfast, I don’t plan those meals out, so I’m constantly scrambling for my app to figure out the macros on lunch and dinner.

Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Understand. I run by-the-seat-of-your-pants keto.

Looks good for a bulk, thanks brother.

New Threads