Time frame for levels to drop

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
The **** is the malfunction with this guy?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
OP, you need bloodwork at two points to determine what you are asking, or at least to get a good guesstimate. Once before you start with your natural or trt levels and once after the 4-5 half life mark. It takes 4-5 half lives of the drug to achieve a steady state plasma level. If you are taking a consistent amount, ie: the same amount every week, after 5 half lives, whatever time that is corresponds to the respective half life of that particular esther, you will have a steady state blood level you will not go above. Never mind the post above telling you to count shots. Therefore, after taking no test for the time equivalent to 4-5 half lives you should be back at square one. Hope that clarifies.

What blood level you achieve from say 200 mg test per week is going to different somewhat from the next guy. That's why you need to get bloodwork.

If you know your bloodwork, you can get a good guess at how much time you need to come off. If your running for example, 600 mg test, one half life you will have 300 left in the system, another 150, another 75, and so on. But what those mg give you in terms of a blood level on your labs, you need to have some baseline blood work. That's not gonna give you an exact number, you don't need that. But it will give you an idea of how many weeks to quit to get below a certain level. Hope I haven't been too confusing

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
OP, you need bloodwork at two points to determine what you are asking, or at least to get a good guesstimate. Once before you start with your natural or trt levels and once after the 4-5 half life mark. It takes 4-5 half lives of the drug to achieve a steady state plasma level. If you are taking a consistent amount, ie: the same amount every week, after 5 half lives, whatever time that is corresponds to the respective half life of that particular esther, you will have a steady state blood level you will not go above. Never mind the post above telling you to count shots. Therefore, after taking no test for the time equivalent to 4-5 half lives you should be back at square one. Hope that clarifies.

What blood level you achieve from say 200 mg test per week is going to different somewhat from the next guy. That's why you need to get bloodwork.

If you know your bloodwork, you can get a good guess at how much time you need to come off. If your running for example, 600 mg test, one half life you will have 300 left in the system, another 150, another 75, and so on. But what those mg give you in terms of a blood level on your labs, you need to have some baseline blood work. That's not gonna give you an exact number, you don't need that. But it will give you an idea of how many weeks to quit to get below a certain level. Hope I haven't been too confusing

That does help a lot, I am still slightly lost but that helped a great deal thank you!

i got bloods just under a month ago and my total test was just over 2000, like 2050.
That was after 2 months of running 600mg of test E per week. I have not had blood since then
I never got bloods before I started AAS but after I did some stupid cycle and not coming off for two years I attempted a recover and the highest I got to was 220. But that was 3 years ago
I’ve been on self TRT for 3 years basically cruising and blasting, I just began seeing urologist to monitor me and make sure I am doing smartly and keeping an eye on my health

so basically test has about a 10 day half life so 10 days after pin I’ll have 300mg Of test in my blood another 10 days I’ll go down to 150 another 10 days 75 and another 10 days half that and so on until it clears my blood?

So if I’m understanding correctly if my levels are at 2000 at 600mg of test e then after the first half life I’ll be at 150mf of test in my boood so essentially My total test would be roughly 1000 because it would cut in half and another 10 days half that and so on until I “bottom out”
am i on the right track? Or am I totally lost

Last edited:

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
^^^I'm gonna have to try “Crushing and Blasting”. Sounds way cooler than blasting and cruising.
Dang iPhone I can’t type on it lol, I tried to edit it but you were to fast and read it before dang it lol.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Dang iPhone I can’t type on it lol, I tried to edit it but you were to fast and read it before dang it lol.

You shoud take credit for that term. Don’t let Apple steal your thunder.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Not necessarily. If you know what you're level on you're trt dose was you could go from there. I'll give you an example.

I'm on trt at 200mg test cyp per week. After a few years of repeated checks I know that 200 puts me at between 1000-1100 every time. So if I'm blasting at 600 mg week, then drop to 200 week, in 2 half lives (300,150) I'll be at trt levels. 2 half lives of test cyp is 20-24 days, so in 3 weeks I'll be ok on my trt bloodwork. Now I usually ad a week or two, need time off between cycles anyway. It doesn't matter what my peak blasting levels were. This is why you get bloodwork done (one reason anyway) before you start your cycle. Don't you know what you're trt puts you at for a blood level?

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Ya for my TRT dose I do 250 mg weekly (my test is dosed at that so just do an even cc) and it gets me between 1100-1200 about depending on how long ago my last pin was, usually try and get it within 48 hours of pinning to see my peak levels

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Ya for my TRT dose I do 250 mg weekly (my test is dosed at that so just do an even cc) and it gets me between 1100-1200 about depending on how long ago my last pin was, usually try and get it within 48 hours of pinning to see my peak levels

Then just go back to trt dose and and 4 weeks you should be good to go.

New Threads