Back in the gym

Camoninja

Reaction score
What's up everyone. I've been out of the gym for several years. Im about 5'7 175lbs and looking to get to about 185 or 190.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cheers, Mate. Welcome to UGB.

Tell about yer diet and training plan to add this new weight & ye'll get good advice.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the underground

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. Best advice for now would be eat, train hard, eat, sleep and repeat. oh and did I say eat? :)

As Nble said, tell us about your training and diet. You will get all the help you can handle.

Camoninja

Reaction score
My diet is probably not near as good as it could be. I pretty much take two protein shakes in the morning and it's hard to find time for breakfast cause I hit the gym about 3:30am before work. Lunch... Well a bottled water and some peanuts of some sort. I normally try to eat chicken, fish, maybe some small portions of pasta along with some sort of greens. I'm gonna get flamed over my diet. I actually try and hit the gym 6 days a week with 4 of them targeting specific muscle groups and then weekends I tend to work out for a couple hours or so with about 30 minutes of cardio at the end. I've always been pretty scrawny and I've had pretty good success over the past few months on some strength gains and very minimal on size. Any input would be appreciated as I've never tried to bulk up.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
You are going to hear this a lot. Not going to flame you but I think you already know. You can not grow if you don't eat. Period. Dude, you have to find a way. Throw in some oats with your protein shake in the morning. (1 cup) A tablespoon heavy whipping cream and ninja that stuff. Easy to get down. Find a way to eat every 2-3 hours. Doesn't have to be a ton, but you have to get in some calories.

And another thing, with that small amount of calories, working out for 2 hours? then cardio? Surprised your not 100 pounds. 2 hours is way too long. If you are training with the intensity you need, you cant do it for two hours.

Camoninja

Reaction score
I'm definitely gonna work on building some type meal plan. So, every two to three hours is about 5 meals I'm assuming.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I'm definitely gonna work on building some type meal plan. So, every two to three hours is about 5 meals I'm assuming.

That's a good place to start. I eat 7, but I have been doing this a while. You can go buy egg whites in a 16oz container and drink that also. I usually have a chaser standing by because the thought of chicken jizz makes me want to vomit. lol ( I know its not, but its slimy) haha

Camoninja

Reaction score
Bah ha ha chicken jizz. I'm gonna try that. I normally microwave my eggs but they turn out like rubber

Reaction score
Time to eat brother. I think I have 8 meals a day and I’m trying to lose some weight! Start tracking macros and adjust as you go.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you eat in 3 meals in a day or 6, but you need to get the calories in. More meals = easier to eat more in a day for some but you have to do what fits your schedule. Having said that you need to make time to get the food in if you want to make any progress. Meal prepping on your days off for the days ahead helps.

Camoninja

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info y'all. I'm gonna try and meal prep some stuff. And suggestions on good things to prep with?

Reaction score
I would start by seeing what you’re eating now. Track a typical day and then modify as needed.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I agree with Bricks. I can bulk on 3 meals a day of actual food with no shakes. They just have to be big meals. Add a shake with oats (like Mo said) add peanut butter with milk and whey and add another 1000-1200 Cal's. You could even get by on 2 meals of actual food plus that shake. You just gotta get creative and disciplined.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info y'all. I'm gonna try and meal prep some stuff. And suggestions on good things to prep with?

Buy a 5lb tube of lean ground beef at Walmart and bulk cook some basmatti. Cook the meat and measure it out to 5 oz servings. If you want to add more cals/protein, use Barilla Protein Pasta instead of the basmatti.

Drink as much 1% milk as you can a day. Eat a carton of Daisy cottage cheese before bed (or half earlier if you can't handle that much). Peanut butter. Peanuts. Fresh not-from-concentrate orange juice is a great carb source and aids in digestion.

Also, keep your gut healthy so you can eat more. Use probiotics if you need too.

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
My diet is probably not near as good as it could be. I pretty much take two protein shakes in the morning and it's hard to find time for breakfast cause I hit the gym about 3:30am before work. Lunch... Well a bottled water and some peanuts of some sort. I normally try to eat chicken, fish, maybe some small portions of pasta along with some sort of greens. I'm gonna get flamed over my diet. I actually try and hit the gym 6 days a week with 4 of them targeting specific muscle groups and then weekends I tend to work out for a couple hours or so with about 30 minutes of cardio at the end. I've always been pretty scrawny and I've had pretty good success over the past few months on some strength gains and very minimal on size. Any input would be appreciated as I've never tried to bulk up.

Welcome to the UG! Check out the stickies in the Diet Forum!

New Threads