Jim wendlers 5/3/1 BB template

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Has anybody ever ran the Jim wendlers 5/3/1 BB template, I ran it years ago when I was 17 and saw good strength gains on it along with some decent size but I was also growing like a weed

I’m thinking about trying it unless anybody else has other ideas, input or suggestions
and I can’t post the Jim wendlers 5/3/1 program to the forum because you have to purchase it and I don’t wanna be that guy
just posting it out here for free

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Give it a go. Wendler hasn't been around forever for no reason...

The BB template is just 5/3/1 on the big 3 and press, and then Bodybuilding assistance work. Same as a million and 2 other strength programs out there.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I tried it when first staring back, it’s ok but I wasn’t a fan of the 5/3/1 program in general.

But like dieyoung said, he hasn’t been around this long for nothing

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I tried it when first staring back, it’s ok but I wasn’t a fan of the 5/3/1 program in general.

But like dieyoung said, he hasn’t been around this long for nothing

My buddy was showing me another similar program like wendlers 5/3/1 BB Template but it was 7/5/1 had a bit more volume but same philosophy and wendlers
I’ll have to ask him for the name of that program and take another look at it

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
I used 5-3-1 for a long time. I like it. I added strength well on it. I go back to it for a change up time to time. All the plans out there work if you follow and stick with them.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I used 5-3-1 for a long time. I like it. I added strength well on it. I go back to it for a change up time to time. All the plans out there work if you follow and stick with them.
That is very true, a lot of my buddies are so set on training purely for hypertrophy but my mentally is if you get stronger your gonna get bigger cause you’ll be pushing more weight when you get off the strength based training and go back to training with more reps and volume it works for me

Reaction score
Baddabing
Great site to use for 5/3/1 also the APP works but this format is better in my opinion, not sure if someone already posted this fyi
blackironbeast.com/cube/calculator - great for PL in my opinion
blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator - 5/3/1 choose what you want to run

New Threads