From Brazil to Canada.

Reaction score
Hello guys,
So I moved to Vancouver about one year ago. I have posted before here, but did not introduce myself. I’m a member since 2017. Posted a question about a cycle I had already started, got some sh** but also was helped and really appreciated being heard. It’s good to be back.
I had a back problem (herniated l5/s1) about a year ago, lost some weight, stopped training for abou 6 months but I’m back at it (can’t squat or do bent over rows among other things) but we gotta work with what we have. Been back at the gym for about 6 months and already thinking test.... haha Altough here is very different from Brazil and I don’t see many meatheads not even at the gyms. I feel it’s going to be hard to come across gear. Anyways just tought of sharing with you guys.
Cheers.
34 years young
5’7 135pounds currently 8%bf
looking to get some muscle back on my carcass but I’m a very hard gainer, always was. Ready for the first ear pullings: just eat more! Believe me I try.
good to be back!
thanks!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome back and good on ya for getting back in the gym after yer injury.

You nailed it - we need to talk diet if yer serious about putting on mass.

Start by knowing yer TDEE (here's a decent online calculator).

Then I find using an app to track my intake is helpful (MyFitnessPal is free and fits the bill here).

I typically target a 10% caloric surplus based on me TDEE when I look to bulk. How ye breakdown yer macros is a personal thing, and largely dependent on how yer body processes carbs & fats. Some blokes can go low carb and feel incredible, others feel like death in a pizza box when they cut carbs so plan for a bit of trial & error.

Base yer macros however around yer protein target - again somewhat individual, but starting off with 1 gram protein per pound of body weight (not just lean mass) is a good place to get yer baseline. Fill in yer carbs and fats from there until ye reach yer caloric target.

Welcome back to UGB!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Brazil to Vancouver must have been one hell of a culture shock.

What are you doing all day at work? Hard labor? What would a typical day of eating look like and specify quantity

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the underground.

Im sure the pay is better, but the Northface snow jackets must be a terrible replacement for the Brazilian bikinis.
Sorry man.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!!

Reaction score
Not yet brother... but I’ll get there. Starting over. Was an architect back in my country... Have to kinda start over here... less pay, higher rent... but definitely safer. But I’m getting there!
I brought my Brazilian lady with me. In that department we are definitely stronger south of the equador... haha
thanks brotha

Reaction score
Thanks brother,
You helped me on my first post in here!
Meal 1: Protein shake, banana, berries, oats.
Meal 2: Sweet potatoes, broccoli and 3-4 hard boiled eggs.
Meal 3: Protein shake and banana pre workout.
Meal 4: Salad, pasta or rice and some kind of fish. (Wife is a pescatarian so kinda forces you to become one)

Thats what ive been eating lately, i know i have to do better is just hard to prep the food everyday. And I cant really eat much in tge morning. Training 5x a week. Office work.
thanks!

Reaction score
Thanks brother.
Just did that!
Basal:1539
TEE: 2374
will download the app.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Not yet brother... but I’ll get there. Starting over. Was an architect back in my country... Have to kinda start over here... less pay, higher rent... but definitely safer. But I’m getting there!
I brought my Brazilian lady with me. In that department we are definitely stronger south of the equador... haha
thanks brotha

We need pics......

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome!!! I looooove Vancouver!!!!

New Threads