Looking for a source with access to IV hydration therapy supplies.

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Long-time member of Elite Fitness forums since 2001, but new here. I'm looking to do IV therapy on myself (mainly for health/blood volume/hydration), and was wondering if any sources also stock injectible IV supplies, like Vitamin C, B, magnesium, potassium, and glutatione.

Here in the states, even vet saline solution requires a prescription (ridiculous).

Thanks guys,

-audio8

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Hi.

Blood volume: body self regulates that. Drain a pint and volume is replaced through hydration within 24-36 hours. So unless you’re talking about blood doping......

Hydration: I’ve been doing it orally for over 38 years. This method works well for me.

I hear Dallas McCarver had an IV drip of glucose and insulin in each night.

You might try that.

My point is that what you are trying to accomplish probably doesn’t require IV fluids.

Always open to learning though so maybe I’m missing something.....

Welcome.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
If you look around, plenty of vet suppliers will ship w/o prescriptions.... Hell, you can even get some vet. injectables on Amazon... Don't believe me, ask my horse.

Reaction score
Hi Jin,
Thanks for the reply. Lets just say I have my own reasons why I want to do IV therapy. I'm not really here to debate the merits. Some pro athletes swear by it, and I have heard a weekly IV drip is common for them. But for me, it is mostly for health reasons which I cannot get into detail here.

Just one point to note: Blood volume does increase for a few days if using the right solution---one that is closer to human blood physiology---like Lactated Ringer's or Plasma Lyte (not saline solution). This is why Lactated Ringer's is known as the "surgeons solution," since it can keep blood volume high on a bleeding patient for a long time.

-audio8

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
If you look around, plenty of vet suppliers will ship w/o prescriptions.... Hell, you can even get some vet. injectables on Amazon... Don't believe me, ask my horse.

I haven't been able to find any.. Every vet supplier I check requires prescriptions for injectible vitamins and minerals, and even saline/LR solutions. If you know of one, please let me know. I'd appreciate the reference.

-audio8

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the knowledge.

I had my nurse friend in college hook me up with an IV drip a couple times after ridiculous nights of boozing and I couldn’t even drink water.

Right as rain in a couple hours.

Alas, those days are over so now I just run a glucose/insulin drip while I sleep.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Hi Jin,
Thanks for the reply. Lets just say I have my own reasons why I want to do IV therapy. I'm not really here to debate the merits. Some pro athletes swear by it, and I have heard a weekly IV drip is common for them. But for me, it is mostly for health reasons which I cannot get into detail here.

Just one point to note: Blood volume does increase for a few days if using the right solution---one that is closer to human blood physiology---like Lactated Ringer's or Plasma Lyte (not saline solution). This is why Lactated Ringer's is known as the "surgeons solution," since it can keep blood volume high on a bleeding patient for a long time.

-audio8

Why would you want to increase blood volume (without increasing cell count)? Being hypertensive I’ve never considered that a positive thing.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find any.. Every vet supplier I check requires prescriptions for injectible vitamins and minerals, and even saline/LR solutions. If you know of one, please let me know. I'd appreciate the reference.

-audio8

Look up vetrenary injectable B12 on Amazon, you will have multiple hits. There are other websites that also work, but you will have to look for yourself...

If you are considering blood doping to increase cell count, it is true, but the pros don't out last the cons... when everything catches up, you will lose performance instead of gain. As far as doing IVs every now and then, or regularly, I'm sure it would be helpful.

Reaction score
Why would you want to increase blood volume (without increasing cell count)? Being hypertensive I’ve never considered that a positive thing.

Increasing blood volume also performs other important functions, like aiding the cell function, nutrient transport, tissue/muscle regeneration, etc. Cells/muscles need water to function properly, and IV is an efficient delivery method. Chronic dehydration is a bigger problem than we realize. And some people are unable to absorb vitamins/minerals orally (like myself) due to problems in the digestive tract, and thus can benefit from IV infusion.

For someone with high blood pressure, I would agree that IV therapy may not be advisable.

-audio8

Merlin

Reaction score
Health/blood volume? are you wanting to increase your hct and hbg? If it is a health issue can a healthcare provider not give you the guidance along with proper treatment? Im guessing you want to save money going your own route?

Messing with electrolytes is dangerous. Have you planed on lab work with this? Could you also provide with me some of the studies where you are getting these benefits from? Yes there will obviously be benefits for you since you are unable to absorb the essentials orally. Watch for infection and have a plan.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Took me three minutes to find a site for various iv fluids w/o RX including LR. I suggest looking harder, hint: survivalist boards
Edit: I misread your op, beyond common iv solutions you will probably need to go w overseas suppliers I would think. Still, I'm sure these can be found.

and also this idea sounds pretty dangerous to me and I really hope you know what you're doing.

Last edited:

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
I think this iv drip thing is pushing for a new fad. I heard of a place that’s going to open up it’s going to offer myofascial stretching and Iv drips... go figure.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm too dumb for this thread. Just throwing that out there.

Reaction score
Took me three minutes to find a site for various iv fluids w/o RX including LR. I suggest looking harder, hint: survivalist boards
Edit: I misread your op, beyond common iv solutions you will probably need to go w overseas suppliers I would think. Still, I'm sure these can be found.

and also this idea sounds pretty dangerous to me and I really hope you know what you're doing.

Thanks for the lead. I will follow up with survivalist forums as well.

I think this iv drip thing is pushing for a new fad. I heard of a place that’s going to open up it’s going to offer myofascial stretching and Iv drips... go figure.

There is science behind it, but there is also pop culture. It became a popular trend a few years back I think. Dr. Oz might have started it---not entirely sure---which led to a lot of "drip spas" opening up around the country. People think of it as this new inventive thing, when IV drips have been used by hospitals for generations. Anyone who has visited a hospital knows this. The first thing they do with any traumatic injury or illness is put your on an IV saline drip. This is standard procedure in the hospitals, because fluids are so important for wound healing and so many other functions (it also facilitates administration of other IV meds). This is not something novel or dangerous; it is the most basic and conventional medical practice of the past century. This so-called "fad" of pop culture is behind the times by about 100 years. Leave it to Hollywood to repackage basic medicine as a breakthrough super-cure.

-audio8

Last edited:

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Thanks for the lead. I will follow up with survivalist forums as well.

There is science behind it, but there is also pop culture. It became a popular trend a few years back I think. Dr. Oz might have started it---not entirely sure---which led to a lot of "drip spas" opening up around the country. People think of it as this new inventive thing, when IV drips have been used by hospitals for generations. Anyone who has visited a hospital knows this. The first thing they do with any traumatic injury or illness is put your on an IV saline drip. This is standard procedure in the hospitals, because fluids are so important for wound healing and so many other functions (it also facilitates administration of other IV meds). This is not something novel or dangerous; it is the most basic and conventional medical practice of the past century. This so-called "fad" of pop culture is behind the times by about 100 years. Leave it to Hollywood to repackage basic medicine as a breakthrough super-cure.

-audio8

You aint shit until youre going cryo bro

New Threads