Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 715 Posts
    I'm too dumb for this thread. Just throwing that out there.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,956 Times in 4,013 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RISE View Post
    I'm too dumb for this thread. Just throwing that out there.
    I thought you were an EMT?

The Vanilla Godzilla

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Took me three minutes to find a site for various iv fluids w/o RX including LR. I suggest looking harder, hint: survivalist boards
    Edit: I misread your op, beyond common iv solutions you will probably need to go w overseas suppliers I would think. Still, I'm sure these can be found.

and also this idea sounds pretty dangerous to me and I really hope you know what you're doing.
    Thanks for the lead. I will follow up with survivalist forums as well.

I think this iv drip thing is pushing for a new fad. I heard of a place that’s going to open up it’s going to offer myofascial stretching and Iv drips... go figure.
    There is science behind it, but there is also pop culture. It became a popular trend a few years back I think. Dr. Oz might have started it---not entirely sure---which led to a lot of "drip spas" opening up around the country. People think of it as this new inventive thing, when IV drips have been used by hospitals for generations. Anyone who has visited a hospital knows this. The first thing they do with any traumatic injury or illness is put your on an IV saline drip. This is standard procedure in the hospitals, because fluids are so important for wound healing and so many other functions (it also facilitates administration of other IV meds). This is not something novel or dangerous; it is the most basic and conventional medical practice of the past century. This so-called "fad" of pop culture is behind the times by about 100 years. Leave it to Hollywood to repackage basic medicine as a breakthrough super-cure.

-audio8
    Last edited by audio8; 01-04-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by audio8 View Post
    Thanks for the lead. I will follow up with survivalist forums as well.

There is science behind it, but there is also pop culture. It became a popular trend a few years back I think. Dr. Oz might have started it---not entirely sure---which led to a lot of "drip spas" opening up around the country. People think of it as this new inventive thing, when IV drips have been used by hospitals for generations. Anyone who has visited a hospital knows this. The first thing they do with any traumatic injury or illness is put your on an IV saline drip. This is standard procedure in the hospitals, because fluids are so important for wound healing and so many other functions (it also facilitates administration of other IV meds). This is not something novel or dangerous; it is the most basic and conventional medical practice of the past century. This so-called "fad" of pop culture is behind the times by about 100 years. Leave it to Hollywood to repackage basic medicine as a breakthrough super-cure.

-audio8

You aint shit until youre going cryo bro

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I thought you were an EMT?
    We deal with just basic life support, that's more in the field of paramedic's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12