Semper Fines! Yut!

Reaction score
Hey I'm j. On the east coast. I got into lifting while in the marines, after getting my butt kicked by a bouncer at a bar. I just went from there and caught the bug. Never went for shredding, figured I was good enough running 3 miles in 19 minutes. Biggest I ever got was 225 of how you doing. I think that was pretty good for 5`10". So I decided to try it out again. Damn I wish I never stopped, I cannot remember why. Probably deploying all the time. Love it again, I started about 5 months ago. I definitely not seeing the results and I missing that push. My goals are pretty simple not to get that size again but get that edge again and get ride of this belly fat that has never gone away no matter what I do. It not huge but it's there. Not even in boot camp. I am a little concerned about interaction with my medication, I do have ptsd and the va does have me on a good amount of medication. So hi!

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for your service!

You tried cannabis for your ptsd?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice post. It will come back. Stay out of bars.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SI. Thanks for your service. Just keep at it, and it will come back.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
meds...?? I have every medical issue under the sun, 95% of script meds will not have much lifting/body building side effects.

But if you are smoking weed from the VA, no problem. Tons of ppl do who are very fitness conscious.

its 3 days into 2019, what are some of your goals besides losing some BF...?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome and thank you!!!!!

Reaction score
Yeah don't really like to dance with Mary and I don't do hangovers anymore

Jymjunkie

Reaction score
Welcome usmc. keep fighting soldier, the gains will come

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I’m familiar with Semper Fi.

What does Semper Fines mean? Yut?

Forgive my ignorance.

Welcome to The Underground

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Not sure about "fines."

"Yut" is roughly like "Oorah," sort of a rallying cry like maybe warriors of old would yell "Charge." It then does double duty as a greeting from one Marine to another, or just an announcement to others that a Marine is on board.

Reactions: Jin

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome devil dog from one marine to another!
Not to butt in to personal issues but if your taking certain anti depressants such as SSRI’s I know some say those can cause weight gain not sure if it’s cause a reaction of your metabolism to the medication or an effect on appetite or energy but I have heard it can. I’ve dealt with it first hand when taking Zoloft and gained 10 pounds in a month on the medication without changing diet but it did effect my energy and I was very lethargic so I attribute it to my decline in activity. I got off it and went to Wellbutrin which actually gave me more energy now I am off all anti depressant medications but go at your own pace with leaning of the meds! Welcome aboard you’re in good company! There is a wealth of knowledge here!

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Mate & thanks for yer service. Good on ya' for getting back on that grind.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Ive been on various ssri's throughout my life. Some affected my energy level and some did not but I felt like they pretty much all turned me slightly "zombielike". Stole some motivation for sure. Testosterone replacement has been the best anti anxiety med Ive ever been on.

I imagine just getting back in the gym and getting the momentum going will help all around!

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. In my years of service I never heard anyone say Semper Fines or Yut.

juuced

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
welcome to the club ! we got good people here.

New Threads