Dealing with Pain from Squats

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Over 600!!!! Wtf, crazy shit there man

Cslogger515

Reaction score
350 rep outs atleast 600 a workout well guys I’m not even close. My legs would snap at 350 rate now. I define chicken legs. You look up chicken legs it will show my hairy little chicken legs. I had 225 on there and I feel it today.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
350 rep outs atleast 600 a workout well guys I’m not even close. My legs would snap at 350 rate now. I define chicken legs. You look up chicken legs it will show my hairy little chicken legs. I had 225 on there and I feel it today.
That’s perfectly fine man. I wasn’t born this way lol.
80-90% or before your form breaks, whichever is lighter. Having a really low squat right now just means there’s tons of gains waiting for you.
Lots of guys here would be happy to help with form critiques. All you gotta do is ask.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
My squat was 220lb about 18 months ago it’s now 375 x1 and 350 x3 you just have to keep hammering them legs and it will come with time

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Over 600!!!! Wtf, crazy shit there man

In all fairness, Tool has been at this for some times and wasn't doing 600+ years back. He'll tell ya the work he put in to get there if you ask.

Another thing I personally feel about big weight; you'll never do it until you stop thinking it's a lot. Guys are okay with someone benching 400 but shit themselves when they hear about a 600 squat.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
In all fairness, Tool has been at this for some times and wasn't doing 600+ years back. He'll tell ya the work he put in to get there if you ask.

Another thing I personally feel about big weight; you'll never do it until you stop thinking it's a lot. Guys are okay with someone benching 400 but shit themselves when they hear about a 600 squat.

I have no doubt at all that Tool put some hard ass work into getting to that point.

Cslogger515

Reaction score
I couldn’t imagine squating that much. My goal is to hit 400 on squat in 8-12 months. I know it will take some time and a lot of hard work. Thanks to everyone on this site. You all give great ADVICE and help out a lot to make people improve and get to there goals. This is the first forum I’ve joined and I’m glad I joined this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
building your squat takes long bits of time. Being dedicated to it and keeping up every week.....Get use to those sore legs

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Snake is right. POB was my first real coach. When I started with him, a few months after I joined here, my squat was in the mid 400’s and looked terrible. As has been the chatter on the forums lately, BOX SQUATS were a huge factor in transforming my squat.

Man i ****ing hated pillar at times. I don’t know how many gym sessions I had where I’d be sending him videos, he’d tell me I was doing it wrong, then I’d tell him he was an idiot and I wasn’t physically capable of doing what he was asking, and he’d tell me to stop being a bitch, and I’d look at my phone and say **** you because he couldn’t hear me.
But there’s no way I was going to give up. One of our great OG members here sponsored my first coaching cycle and there was no way I was going to let him down.

This went on for weeks. Probably months. One day I was so ****ing pissed off at pillar demanding I do things that I was convinced were anatomically impossible that I was ready to walk out. And I decided no, I was going to do every single thing he said exactly as he said it and PROVE to this dumbass that I knew myself better than he did.

Guess what. I did a proper box squat. I sat there for several minutes kind of stunned before I sent him the video. Sitting there thinking dammit this ginger **** was right all along.

After that my squat exploded. Went on to set a federation state record at 640 my first meet.

I dod another meet with pob and it went great as well. Set 2 more PR’s and a federation state bench record.

After this I started training with the legendary Cornealius Coanbread Bigsby J. Oliver. NOT because there was anything wrong with pob’s training, but because he had a different style and I wanted to diversify. This took me to my first 700+ squat a couple meets later.

I saw all of that to say this:
we have some incredible resources available here. Both of those guys played critical roles in me becoming the lifter I am now. I more or less train myself now, but I seek input from both of these guys, and many others, any time I have even the smallest question. But the key is you gotta ask for help. We all want to help. I LOVE it when I get the chance to pass on the things I’ve learned these past several years.

While im giving shout outs, I have to drop one for Snake. Tons of guys here have been incredibly helpful and supportive, but Snake was the first one, before people here even really knew me here, to shoot me a pm and say hey man, you’ve got something. Don’t fkn let it go. I still have that PM saved bud. Thank you.

Last edited: