Fixing muscle asymmetry

November Ajax

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I've recently noticed that my right arm looks bigger than my left arm. I was wondering if this was ever a problem for anyone and how you fixed it.

The way I see it there are two ways to fix it, by training my left arm more, or by training my right arm less. Obviously both have pros and cons. The first one would probably cause overtraining in my left arm, and the second one will slow down my gains in my right arm.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this?

MonkeyBusiness

Reaction score
when I jack off I switch hands so I dont have that problem.....

Totally the same thought that came to mind here too...

But seriously tho- what's the underlying cause behind the potential asymmetry? Have you gotten a second opinion? Might just be you (or your mirror)

November Ajax

Reaction score
Totally the same thought that came to mind here too...

But seriously tho- what's the underlying cause behind the potential asymmetry? Have you gotten a second opinion? Might just be you (or your mirror)
Haha, it's not just me. The thing is I haven't been lifting weights for too long, and I'm right-handed, so I used to do everything with my right hand. I also played tennis for a long time and that payed a big part, I think.

November Ajax

Reaction score
Trust me, you won’t overtrain it. Fkn lift more.
Seems like the way to go So far I've been adding 3 sets of 8 reps of dumbbell bicep curls and triceps extensions to my upper body workouts (on my left arm only). I think that's enough.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Jin

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
this is not all that extraordinary

couple years ago a friend had the same deal

one of my pecs is slighly larger too

go ahead and do one or two more sets than usual on it

otherwise dont even worry about it imo

a lot of chicks have one boob larger and trip on it but ....

another thing you gotta ask yourself have you ever noticed another dude with one slightly larger arm

i havent and there are a lot of um out there

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Dude it's normal. I have a about 3/8" difference between my arms. Hell there's even a difference in my quads. I have yet to hear anyone mention it. Good chance you're the only one seeing it.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Dude it's normal. I have a about 3/8" difference between my arms. Hell there's even a difference in my quads. I have yet to hear anyone mention it. Good chance you're the only one seeing it.

I could see it even through those swim trunks in your avatar. I figured it was a birth defect or something.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So long as they're both bigger than everyone else's then it don't matter if they're a perfect match.

But lifting more won't kill ya either.

So lift more.

New Threads