New Member Needing Help & Advice

Reaction score
Hey all,
My name is Mikey and I'm an 18 y/o college student. I'm 6'1 and my weight fluctuates between 165-171 constantly. I started working out consistently in June 2018 and my starting weight was 145. I put on 20 lbs since then and although I feel bigger it doesn't look like a huge difference. I've tried tons of different protein powders, pre workouts and creatine since then and I haven't seen much growth since my initial gain. In fact, I think I've lost some of the muscle. I'm wondering what different steroids/supplements some more experienced lifters would suggest with someone of my size. I don't need to lose weight, as I have barely any body fat. My goal is to obviously put on muscle and I'd like to reach 185-190.
Thanks for your help in advance!
-Mikey

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're about to get 20+ replies of the same answer. You don't need steroids at your age, you simply need the right diet and workout routine/mentality. Your natural test production at 18 should be more than enough to allow you to grow respectably. Making newbie gains and then wanting to turn on to jewce isn't the right answer.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
What Cole said.

Plus you put on 20 lbs in 1/2 a year and still bitching? You have to be doing something right so keep up the good work my man. If it was easy, we'd all be big.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Seriously. Youve barely dipped your toe into bodybuilding and are expecting even faster results than youve already gotten? Very good results too?

This generation. I swear.......

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Im sure you have heard that this is a "Life Style". One doesn't simply decide he wants to be big so he goes and lifts weights for six months, eat big, gain 20lbs and is disappointed. 20lbs is great results. You should be happy. This is all about diet, hard work, discipline, and patience. Keep up the hard work and celebrate your victories no matter how small they are. You have a lot of potential left. Work your ass off!

Reaction score
Seriously. Youve barely dipped your toe into bodybuilding and are expecting even faster results than youve already gotten? Very good results too?

This generation. I swear.......

Haha, good one.

It's mainly the annoying fact that my metabolism is ridiculously fast, so if I'm not eating every second every day, I lose weight. I was also curious if anyone had a meal plan/dieting tips and different workouts to do with those that have proved effective.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha, good one.

It's mainly the annoying fact that my metabolism is ridiculously fast, so if I'm not eating every second every day, I lose weight. I was also curious if anyone had a meal plan/dieting tips and different workouts to do with those that have proved effective.
Now you're on a better path. If you can add 20 pounds in six months you can continue to add weight. Steroids are still not the answer for you right now.

Check out the dieting and workout sub-forums, a great deal of info there.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Haha, good one.

We can help you with all those things. But you are gonna have to eat all the time. Way too much. If youre doing it right, you should hate eating.

Reactions: Jin

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Haha, good one.

Other people's meal plans and workouts aren't for you. It works for them. If you want to find success find what works for you.

If you have a crazy metabolism then train less. 4 days per week max and keep the training no longer than an hour and a half. It should be high intensity. So heavy weight. Reps in the 5 to 12 range.

Your diet should be the see-food diet. You say you have to eat constantly to keep your weight up. Then you gotta do that.

There is no working around calories. You either eat or you don't. No supplement or steroid can make up for missing calories. Steroids and supplements will only supplement your dietary intake.

Start eating more calories per bite. Packaged foods. Ice cream. Pizza. Burritos. McDonalds etc...

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What would be helpful actually is describe a typical day of eating when you were successful gaining weight. Let's start working from there.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I’m eating 4K+ a day on a modified IF schedule and it’s ****ing miserable.
Sack up and eat more.

Grego

Reaction score
what everyone else has said. you are making more test naturally than some are injecting. you are going great by your own words, 20lbs of lean mass in 6 months is awesome. resign yourself, you will need to spend more time and money eating than you will in the gym if you want big muscles! 80% of your results will be related to your diet.

look to animal protein and only use shakes to fill in, I think it will save you money in the long run.

keep up the good work and listen to these guys

Reaction score
What would be helpful actually is describe a typical day of eating when you were successful gaining weight. Let's start working from there.

I was trying to match my weight in protein. For example since I weighed 140 at the start, I would try my best to reach 140g in protein. Calorie wise, I tried to eat at least 3000 a day, but like others have said, it was terrible. I love food but eating that much made me hate it. I’ve heard taking shots of extra virgin olive oil helps you reach your calorie count without losing much of an appetite.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I was trying to match my weight in protein. For example since I weighed 140 at the start, I would try my best to reach 140g in protein. Calorie wise, I tried to eat at least 3000 a day, but like others have said, it was terrible. I love food but eating that much made me hate it. I’ve heard taking shots of extra virgin olive oil helps you reach your calorie count without losing much of an appetite.
Eating big is hard for some of us but you need to eat what a 200 lb guy eats to be 200 lbs. I feel ya, I struggle with it too.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Me too but youre right. Adding olive oil to shakes is good but here's one better. Peanut butter. Make two protein shakes every day and put a shitload of peanut butter in there. I stalled on my last bulk around 234. I started adding gobs of peanut butter to shakes and hit my 240 goal in weeks.

Eating a lot gets easier like anything else. Most supplement stores sell quality weight gain powders nowadays. Load up!!'

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
eat big stuff like spaghetti and have multiple servings on deck

wash down big meals with weight gainer

dont wait till your hungry to start organizing your next meal

you dont need to use steroids at 18 but

View attachment 7166

Reaction score
Me too but youre right. Adding olive oil to shakes is good but here's one better. Peanut butter. Make two protein shakes every day and put a shitload of peanut butter in there. I stalled on my last bulk around 234. I started adding gobs of peanut butter to shakes and hit my 240 goal in weeks.

Eating a lot gets easier like anything else. Most supplement stores sell quality weight gain powders nowadays. Load up!!'

What's a brand of powder that you recommend/has worked well for you?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
What's a brand of powder that you recommend/has worked well for you?
You’re splitting hairs here but. Boneless chicken thighs and bulk ground beef are cheaper per gram of protein than almost any powder. So get the cheapest one you can choke down.

Reaction score
You’re splitting hairs here but. Boneless chicken thighs and bulk ground beef are cheaper per gram of protein than almost any powder. So get the cheapest one you can choke down.

That's another problem I've run into. When I was home for Christmas break, I was easily eating 3000-4000 calories per day because there was a lot of food available, along with the utensils and appliances needed. While I'm at college, it's harder to come by the food, appliances and utilities. I bought a lot of chicken to cook but it turns out my mini fridge doesn't keep it good for very long. I've stuck with just drinking multiple shakes a day because they're very easy to make and high on protein. The only downside is that they don't have a lot of calories and can be pretty filling.

Jymjunkie

Reaction score
Enjoy the youth while you can brother. You are in your prime years to pack on muscle !without! aas. Get with some guys around here that can help with nutrition and stay consistent with your workout routines. You are no where near your plateau and have plenty more growth you are capable of

New Threads