Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 24 of 24
  1. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PillarofBalance View Post
    What would be helpful actually is describe a typical day of eating when you were successful gaining weight. Let's start working from there.
    I was trying to match my weight in protein. For example since I weighed 140 at the start, I would try my best to reach 140g in protein. Calorie wise, I tried to eat at least 3000 a day, but like others have said, it was terrible. I love food but eating that much made me hate it. Iíve heard taking shots of extra virgin olive oil helps you reach your calorie count without losing much of an appetite.

  2. #14
    Veteran snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    7,671
    Thanks
    5,765
    Thanked 9,457 Times in 4,097 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mvare02 View Post
    I was trying to match my weight in protein. For example since I weighed 140 at the start, I would try my best to reach 140g in protein. Calorie wise, I tried to eat at least 3000 a day, but like others have said, it was terrible. I love food but eating that much made me hate it. Iíve heard taking shots of extra virgin olive oil helps you reach your calorie count without losing much of an appetite.
    Eating big is hard for some of us but you need to eat what a 200 lb guy eats to be 200 lbs. I feel ya, I struggle with it too.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesnít work hard.

  3. #15
    Elite Gadawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,858
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Me too but youre right. Adding olive oil to shakes is good but here's one better. Peanut butter. Make two protein shakes every day and put a shitload of peanut butter in there. I stalled on my last bulk around 234. I started adding gobs of peanut butter to shakes and hit my 240 goal in weeks.

    Eating a lot gets easier like anything else. Most supplement stores sell quality weight gain powders nowadays. Load up!!'

  4. #16
    Elite John Ziegler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    6,395
    Thanks
    4,550
    Thanked 3,476 Times in 2,159 Posts
    eat big stuff like spaghetti and have multiple servings on deck

    wash down big meals with weight gainer

    dont wait till your hungry to start organizing your next meal

    you dont need to use steroids at 18 but

    Attachment 7166

  5. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    Me too but youre right. Adding olive oil to shakes is good but here's one better. Peanut butter. Make two protein shakes every day and put a shitload of peanut butter in there. I stalled on my last bulk around 234. I started adding gobs of peanut butter to shakes and hit my 240 goal in weeks.

    Eating a lot gets easier like anything else. Most supplement stores sell quality weight gain powders nowadays. Load up!!'
    What's a brand of powder that you recommend/has worked well for you?

  6. #18
    Elite ToolSteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Squatting in the curl rack
    Posts
    5,240
    Thanks
    6,034
    Thanked 5,444 Times in 2,619 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mvare02 View Post
    What's a brand of powder that you recommend/has worked well for you?
    You’re splitting hairs here but. Boneless chicken thighs and bulk ground beef are cheaper per gram of protein than almost any powder. So get the cheapest one you can choke down.
    You can't inject wisdom

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ToolSteel For This Useful Post:

    automatondan (01-08-2019)

  8. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolSteel View Post
    Youíre splitting hairs here but. Boneless chicken thighs and bulk ground beef are cheaper per gram of protein than almost any powder. So get the cheapest one you can choke down.
    That's another problem I've run into. When I was home for Christmas break, I was easily eating 3000-4000 calories per day because there was a lot of food available, along with the utensils and appliances needed. While I'm at college, it's harder to come by the food, appliances and utilities. I bought a lot of chicken to cook but it turns out my mini fridge doesn't keep it good for very long. I've stuck with just drinking multiple shakes a day because they're very easy to make and high on protein. The only downside is that they don't have a lot of calories and can be pretty filling.


  9. #20
    Senior Member Jymjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts
    Enjoy the youth while you can brother. You are in your prime years to pack on muscle !without! aas. Get with some guys around here that can help with nutrition and stay consistent with your workout routines. You are no where near your plateau and have plenty more growth you are capable of

  10. #21
    Elite dk8594's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,536
    Thanks
    2,096
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 874 Posts
    Donít be scared of fat. Think nuts and peanut butter. Neither requires refrigeration or cooking and nuts are easily transportable for your inter-class feedings.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why - Mark Twain

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to dk8594 For This Useful Post:

    mvare02 (01-09-2019)

  12. #22
    Elite BRICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,924
    Thanks
    6,661
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 1,795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mvare02 View Post
    That's another problem I've run into. When I was home for Christmas break, I was easily eating 3000-4000 calories per day because there was a lot of food available, along with the utensils and appliances needed. While I'm at college, it's harder to come by the food, appliances and utilities. I bought a lot of chicken to cook but it turns out my mini fridge doesn't keep it good for very long. I've stuck with just drinking multiple shakes a day because they're very easy to make and high on protein. The only downside is that they don't have a lot of calories and can be pretty filling.
    When I was 18 and hitting the gym hard Burger King, Taco Bell, and Dominos were a staple. And before anyone sais anything, yeah, we had those back then.

    How can you not get the calories? A double whopper with cheese is about 1000 calories. Add in a chocolate shake and fries..... I'm wondering if part of the issue is what you're eating. Bro, you're not gonna get big on chicken breast and broccoli. Forget any thoughts about eating "clean", its bullshit. Your body knows protein, carbs, and fats. 50 grams if protein in a double whopper is 50 grams of protein.

    People ask me how I got to this size. When I tell them what I just told you, for some reason beyond me they ignore it and go about with their "clean" eating. And I was 250# before I ever touched AAS.
    Last edited by BRICKS; 01-09-2019 at 10:30 PM.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

    dk8594 (01-09-2019),mvare02 (01-09-2019)

  14. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKS View Post
    When I was 18 and hitting the gym hard Burger King, Taco Bell, and Dominos were a staple. And before anyone sais anything, yeah, we had those back then.

    How can you not get the calories? A double whopper with cheese is about 1000 calories. Add in a chocolate shake and fries..... I'm wondering if part of the issue is what you're eating. Bro, you're not gonna get big on chicken breast and broccoli. Forget any thoughts about eating "clean", its bullshit. Your body knows protein, carbs, and fats. 50 grams if protein in a double whopper is 50 grams of protein.

    People ask me how I got to this size. When I tell them what I just told you, for some reason beyond me they ignore it and go about with their "clean" eating. And I was 250# before I ever touched AAS.
    Thanks for the reply, and yes. All I've heard from tons of people is "stay away from fast food, eat chicken/rice/broccoli." Which to someone that's new like myself, I believed cause all you here is that fast food isn't good for you. I've never really heard what you're saying from anyone else but it does make sense.

  15. #24
    Senior Member Grego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    235
    Thanks
    81
    Thanked 80 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mvare02 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, and yes. All I've heard from tons of people is "stay away from fast food, eat chicken/rice/broccoli." Which to someone that's new like myself, I believed cause all you here is that fast food isn't good for you. I've never really heard what you're saying from anyone else but it does make sense.
    echoing the others, I think for the time being you should focus on getting calories and protein and not worry about eating "clean". when my son was in his late teens he lived on TacoBell and Burger King and in the weight room and grew.
    When life gives you melons you may be dyslexic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. New member needing cycle Critiques
    By Ryano in forum Anabolic Steroid Cycle Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2016, 06:46 AM
  2. Needing some rock solid advice
    By Xavier in forum Pro Hormone - Natural Steroids and Steroid Alternatives
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-07-2016, 12:43 AM
  3. NEW needing advice
    By AZSunDevil in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-28-2016, 11:16 PM
  4. Needing cycle advice
    By dgh72 in forum Anabolic Steroid Cycle Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •