Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 17 of 17
  1. #13
    Veteran snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    8,220
    Thanks
    6,549
    Thanked 10,411 Times in 4,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DieYoungStrong View Post
    Why would you take shit over telling someone who’s competing in a push-pull meet to concentrate on deadlifts?
    The perception that not squatting full bore every time is being a pussy and held by many.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

  2. #14
    Elite ToolSteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Squatting in the curl rack
    Posts
    5,240
    Thanks
    6,054
    Thanked 5,468 Times in 2,626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    The perception that not squatting full bore every time is being a pussy and held by many.
    Well... normally I’d agree. And I’d give him all the shit I could muster up. But he apparently has severe mobility issues
    You can't inject wisdom

  3. #15
    Elite Gadawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,910
    Thanks
    192
    Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,343 Posts
    You guys like 5-3-1 for this sort of thing? I think it'll be good for bench but feel like Im going to gain on deadlifts much faster than the program plans for.

  4. #16
    Veteran snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    8,220
    Thanks
    6,549
    Thanked 10,411 Times in 4,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    You guys like 5-3-1 for this sort of thing? I think it'll be good for bench but feel like Im going to gain on deadlifts much faster than the program plans for.
    For me, I found 5-6 reps to be the money maker and the progress showed up in the triples down the road. Hell you can get a lot from 8 reps but most PL's won't do that. 1 and 3 reps never built my strength but the triples did get me use to the heavy weight. Triples where done only for 2 weeks prior to a meet; it helped me determine my opener and ultimately my meet max.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

  5. #17
    Elite Gadawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,910
    Thanks
    192
    Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    For me, I found 5-6 reps to be the money maker and the progress showed up in the triples down the road. Hell you can get a lot from 8 reps but most PL's won't do that. 1 and 3 reps never built my strength but the triples did get me use to the heavy weight. Triples where done only for 2 weeks prior to a meet; it helped me determine my opener and ultimately my meet max.
    Thanks Snake!



    Im gonna have to play with some things to see where I am. From what I can remember, back in my college days I did all the benching for strength and all my other chest stuff for hypertrophy. My max in those days was 415 but I could one rep WAY more than the stuff I could rep with.

    Pretty sure I was doing 315x6, 335x3 and 415x1. Now Ive been working on hypertrophy only for years so my numbers on those weights are way higher. Im gonna work on this til my shoulders cause issues. Hopefully that wont come up.

    Will report back monday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Is this routine I made alright?(Not another teen bro split)
    By Sneakerpimp in forum Training and Workouts
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-20-2017, 01:56 PM
  2. Alright lads
    By HulkamaniaBrother in forum New Members Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-23-2014, 11:34 AM
  3. Alright guys Olympia......
    By machomadness22 in forum Bodybuilding News, Competitions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 08:32 PM
  4. Alright Brothers it begins....
    By AlphaD in forum Anabolic Steroids
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 12:23 AM
  5. Alright help me out bros & gals!!
    By beasto in forum Peptides And Growth Hormone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 03:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •