Home Gym

DJ21

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone else workout at home?

I have a old school 70's bench with some add ons to it(Leg extentsions/Lat Pull Downs/Etc.), dumbells, a chin up/Bar Dip equipment piece and a barbell. I can also can convert my bench press into a squat rack. All i'm missing is more weights >:)

I decided to cancel my gym membership at the end of the month because it basically sucks and is a waste of money. So i'm going to invest in more equipment.

Just wanted to see what you guys have and recommendations on equipment or online stores to buy from.

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well if your gym sucks there is no point in paying a membershit when you can get the same results for free @ home! Makes sense to me. Take what you were paying for a membership and invest in getting more weights. 100lb plates all the way!!!

Reaction score
I wish I can build my own gym, I think is more relaible base on time, gas, space for yourself and no fucking anoying ppl around. I like the idea of a personal gym.

Onlythebestwilldo

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I recently set up a gym at home mainly because my nearest gym is 30mins away and with 2 young kids..need I go on.
I got a squat rack with spotter catchers on it. Was alway afraid of hurting myself while workin out alone. Some poor guy was found dead in his garage at the wknd under his weights- in UK- Essex.
May he R.I.P

So be cautious working out alone these things do happen.

Peace!

G

Georgia

Yeah be safe bro. That is some awful stuff. I'm actually kind of scared working out by myself at the house. At least when I go heavy

Mrs P

Lady Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Love my home gym, not into waiting for others to use equipment & when u have kids is very convenient to not have to drive.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would love to workout at home.. But a monolift is a necessity for me. Tough to find used or reasonably priced.

DJ21

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
http://www.govliquidation.com/index.html keep an eye on this website you can get some dirt cheap used equipment here, amongst other cool shit.

Awesome, thanks for the link!

I wish I can build my own gym, I think is more relaible base on time, gas, space for yourself and no fucking anoying ppl around. I like the idea of a personal gym.

Yes that is another big reason and what Mrs P said about waiting on other folks when using the equipment. Small things like that bother me..

Mr P

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a full home gym with free weights up to 300 pounds dumbells up to 60 pounds, 2 treadmills & a kickboxing bag.
Bodysolid gym is pretty good.
my home gym.jpg

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a home gym and being able to come down stairs and everything is waiting for me. Here are a few pics of where I work out.

2c54260d.jpg

336690fa.jpg

DSCN2853.jpg

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am adding a cardio machine but it is not here yet.... fucking hate waiting for shipping LOL

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone else workout at home?

I have a old school 70's bench with some add ons to it(Leg extentsions/Lat Pull Downs/Etc.), dumbells, a chin up/Bar Dip equipment piece and a barbell. I can also can convert my bench press into a squat rack. All i'm missing is more weights >:)

I decided to cancel my gym membership at the end of the month because it basically sucks and is a waste of money. So i'm going to invest in more equipment.

Just wanted to see what you guys have and recommendations on equipment or online stores to buy from.

craigslist for weights I have picked up some great deals I have around 650 pounds now and got most of it cheap as hell off craigslist!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love workin out at home gyms did this many times but lets keep it real u need the variety of equipment that only a true gym has

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love workin out at home gyms did this many times but lets keep it real u need the variety of equipment that only a true gym has

Tell me what I need that a gym could possibly give me??

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tell me what I need that a gym could possibly give me??

thats a bodybuilder mentality he has... All you and I need is a barbell and plates with a rack and a bench. Well actually I also need three guys to help me get into my gear, then a guy to spot me, two on each end of the bar another to scream at me while i lift and another to film it. And a foam roller.

G

Georgia

PoB...I really enjoy reading your posts bc I crack up like humpty dumpty in a hurricane

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I aim to please Georgia:) A pet peeve of mine is the people that take themselves too seriously on the boards. You can loosen up and be smart at the same time. We're doing pretty well as far as having some great non-douche members here. Glad you're one of em :x

EDIT: That beating heart is for your avi, not you. No homo.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
thats a bodybuilder mentality he has... All you and I need is a barbell and plates with a rack and a bench. Well actually I also need three guys to help me get into my gear, then a guy to spot me, two on each end of the bar another to scream at me while i lift and another to film it. And a foam roller.

Even as a bodybuilding mentality I would like him to tell me one thing he can do in the commercial gym I can't do in mine! People fail to realize how much you can do with one good machine and free weights.

New Threads