Need Advice on Dieting & Supplements

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm Mikey-
18 y/o
6'1
167-170
My goal is 195.

I gained substantial weight through about 12-16 weeks. 20 lbs to be exact. I've hit a plateau over the past couple months. When I started one of my friends who has been lifting for awhile told me to use BPI creatine/preworkout and Goldstandard protein powder.
Those supplements seemed to do the job but were pretty expensive for a college student (which I am). I was wondering if there were any alternatives of these brands that were similar quality but cheaper.
Next question,
what are some extremely cheap and easy to prepare meals that pack on a ton of protein and calories. Unfortunately in the dorms I'm in currently, the stove in the kitchen does not work properly, so cooking can be difficult. I've been eating microwaveable oatmeal like crazy. Wondering what different meals ya'll have tried and had positive experience with.

Thanks in advance!
-Mikey

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Chicken probably cheapest protein
turkey
eggs
lot sof cheep steaks too
tuna
list goes on

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Adressed this in your other thread about the same subject bro, but....

Burger King (or your preferred burger place)
Taco Bell
Dominos

Get a rice cooker for your dorm room. Before you tell me they're not allowed, I'm gonna say neither is alcohol in a lot of forms but.....

Peanut butter and bread

Make a pot of spaghetti, can of cream of mushroom soup, and couple cans of tuna. Make a big pot of that up and put it in your fridge and reheat.

Ground beef.

These are all fairly cheap and not too much work.

And when you hit the cafeteria stuff yourself. I used to drink four 8 oz glasses of 2% milk with every meal. Many times my training partner and I would be the last two sitting in the cafeteria with 2 or 3 of the old lady cafeteria ladies standing at our table saying come on boys we need to close up.

daddyboul

Reaction score
Honestly, creatine is pretty cheap and you don't exactly replace that through dieting.... As for protein Bricks and Chillin pretty much hit the nail on the head, depending on where you get your supps I would recommend checking out bb.com, they pretty much always have some sort of protein powder on sale. And if you are in college with an all you can eat meal plan really cram that shit down.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Get your supplements and protein from myprotein.com you will pay a fraction of the price and at the min there is a 40% sale on all protein. You won’t find better products cheaper

New Threads