Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,161 Posts

Laws protecting assholes

I think it's pathetic the way this country so harshly prosecutes someone for assault these days when the assault is warranted. It used to be that if somebody owed you money or insulted you, you could tune them up without legal repercussions but now this country seems to want to promote assholish behavior.

Just as an example, I have sn ex customer who is an older retired guy. He seems very unstable. Hes about 5'6" and maybe 130 lbs. He canceled service with us for some reason I cant even recall. It was crazy. Then he verbally chewed me out about whatever it was (over the phone of course).

I took it as best I could and sent his final invoice. The check never came. I then texted him about it and he said he had sent it and would send another one minus the $30 check cancellation fee. He then went on to say how shitty my deposit process was and how poorly my business was run. (Keep in mind the check never came to my house)

A lot of time has passed and no check. This is a guy who once called me about his pool at 6am on a saturday.

I sent him a final text today saying Im turning his debt over to collections so Im waiting for a really snide response but what I want more than anything in the world is to go kick his door in and kick his teeth out. I realize this asshole either has mental health issues or is an alcoholic but I dont care. I would beat this phucknut to unconsciousness if I knew I wouldnt face charges.

Where are we now that people have no fear of physical punishment anymore? Ga has a statute called "fighting words" where assault is legal if someone insults you but Ive never seen that defense work for anyone and even if it did, youd need some expensive attorney to figure it out.

Im not usually a violent person but goddamn. Every once in a while I come across someone like this that thinks humans arent just animals after all, and that his money somehow protects him from the real world.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gadawg For This Useful Post:

Rhino99 (01-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,088 Times in 619 Posts
    Im a fan of lightening the penalties for socking this fella in the mouth.
    The problem is that same A-home will use that loophole to punch the cable guy for some wacky offense he dreamed up.

At the end of the day we just need more dads to stay with their sons and teach them to be men. Honor, respect, honesty and principles. Wed see a lot less of this stuff.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beezy For This Useful Post:

Rhino99 (01-10-2019),silvereyes87 (01-11-2019),ToolSteel (01-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,831 Times in 7,705 Posts
    You are upset because beating people up isn't ok? The **** is wrong with you animals lol
    "Overzealous dosing" -Jin

Rest in Peace Robot Lord. First round of Natty Boh is on me when I make it up there with you brother.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PillarofBalance For This Useful Post:

Beezy (01-10-2019),BRICKS (01-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,931 Times in 3,877 Posts
    I'll try to make this brief as possible:

My brother paid some guy 10k down to put in a pool, said it covered his material cost. Contract signed in June. Guy did show up, always an excuse. Nov. comes around and no pool, too late to install in our area with the cold. My brother now is suing the guy for his 10k back. Probably will cost him 5k in attorney fees and court costs.

My brother asked the cop when he looked into this, "Hey if I walked up to this guy on the street and took 10k of his money, what would happen? Cop said we'd probably have to lock you up. To which my brother replied, "Well that's what this guy did and he's still walking around"

People only that justice into their own hands when the judicial system has failed them.
    Hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard.

Thanks
    Exactly why I like my dogs better than people.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rhino99 For This Useful Post:

BrotherJ (01-10-2019),jennerrator (01-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 1,780 Posts
    I'll preface this by saying that just because I am peaceful doesn't mean I don't know how to do violence.

There are plenty if a$$holes is like to throat punch, but let me ask you this. Whi us to determine which assholish behavior gets a beat down and which doesn't? Is that for you to decide arbitrarily? Or me. It's all good until it's your turn for a beat down. And there's always somebody who us bigger, faster, stronger, etc....

Disputes of money as you describe are handled under contract law by torts (lawsuits), not criminal law. Not the job of the police to handle this area. Sounds like you're following the avenues to properly address this. Getting burned is a risk of doing business, just like getting injured is a risk of training. Is there anything you can do about it? Well, you are doing something about it, wether it works or not remains to be seen. Or you could quit doing business.

By my estimation probably 85% of people are assholes, or fuktards, or pick a word. That's a lot of time spent in beat downs. If you want a country like there are plenty in the middle east and eastern Europe. Ah, but those places have consequences too. Save the violence for the gym and to defend yourself or someone else.

Not defending or attacking anything here. Are there laws that are bullshit? Absolutely. Is not beating the shit out of people one of those bullshit laws? Not for the affront you posted, sorry.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRICKS For This Useful Post:

BrotherJ (01-10-2019),Jin (01-10-2019),NbleSavage (01-10-2019),silvereyes87 (01-11-2019)

Thanks
    Most likely Ill not get paid but the money isnt most of what pisses me off. It's just this dude's personal attacks sent from his multi million dollar house and shit body.

Ive not threatened him or anything, and I wont, I have too much to lose but it's hard to stomach.

Not getting paid from time to time is the cost of being self employed. It happens.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gadawg For This Useful Post:

BRICKS (01-10-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    I think it's pathetic the way this country so harshly prosecutes someone for assault these days when the assault is warranted. It used to be that if somebody owed you money or insulted you, you could tune them up without legal repercussions but now this country seems to want to promote assholish behavior.

Just as an example, I have sn ex customer who is an older retired guy. He seems very unstable. Hes about 5'6" and maybe 130 lbs. He canceled service with us for some reason I cant even recall. It was crazy. Then he verbally chewed me out about whatever it was (over the phone of course).

I took it as best I could and sent his final invoice. The check never came. I then texted him about it and he said he had sent it and would send another one minus the $30 check cancellation fee. He then went on to say how shitty my deposit process was and how poorly my business was run. (Keep in mind the check never came to my house)

A lot of time has passed and no check. This is a guy who once called me about his pool at 6am on a saturday.

I sent him a final text today saying Im turning his debt over to collections so Im waiting for a really snide response but what I want more than anything in the world is to go kick his door in and kick his teeth out. I realize this asshole either has mental health issues or is an alcoholic but I dont care. I would beat this phucknut to unconsciousness if I knew I wouldnt face charges.

Where are we now that people have no fear of physical punishment anymore? Ga has a statute called "fighting words" where assault is legal if someone insults you but Ive never seen that defense work for anyone and even if it did, youd need some expensive attorney to figure it out.

Im not usually a violent person but goddamn. Every once in a while I come across someone like this that thinks humans arent just animals after all, and that his money somehow protects him from the real world.
    im with you. People are just so sensitive, the laws have became so tight, things like giving your kid a smack in the ass could lead to you being in jail.

I dont like the where things are moving too. There is a camera everywhere in sight, if you do anything what so ever someone will video tape you and put it up on Twitter, etc.

Im not a criminal, ive only been in trouble from some bar fights, but shit.....people need to relax a bit

Thanks
    Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Testing.......

If he kicks your a$$ does he get to keep your $$$?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGameHunter View Post
    Testing.......

If he kicks your a$$ does he get to keep your $$$?

Yes. Absolutely.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadawg View Post
    Yes. Absolutely.
    Then you could survive in a world with no laws. Now I like you.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigGameHunter For This Useful Post:

Jin (01-10-2019),silvereyes87 (01-11-2019)

Thanks
    I think I saw a bumper sticker that once read: Some people exist ONLY because it is illegal to kill them

Truer words have never been written down and stuck to a car!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notsoswoleCPA For This Useful Post:

BrotherJ (01-10-2019),John Ziegler (01-10-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast