Hello Everyone!!

Ray Finkle

Lady Member
Reaction score
Newbie here with a lot to learn.:eek: Interested in any tips, help and advice that might be thrown my way...

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. There's a lot of advice here, some is even accurate.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the SI community ... please tell us your stats ... age, years working out, diet, and goals ... is that you in your avatar ....?

Last edited:

Ray Finkle

Lady Member
Reaction score
Welcome the SI community ... please tell us your stats ... age, years working out, diet, and goals ... is that you in your avatar ....?

Oh, my mistake...

OK, I'm 5'5' and 140lbs. I'm 28 and I just want to lose a few pounds around my hips and put on a little muscle in my arms and chest. As far as my workout routine goes, it's pretty miniscule at this point. Other than doing sit ups every morning and wearing a waist trainer to keep my tummy flat that's about it. I eat pretty normally. Not many sweets, (except for on the weekends) pretty much three meals a day. As an example, yesterday I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, a garden salad for lunch and one chicken breast and a serving of green beans for dinner. Yeah, not a very good pic but that is me in the avi.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello and thanks. Nothing big, just mainly looking to lose a few pounds around my hip area and put on a bit of muscle.

May I ask what your past experiences have been and do you workout at the gym on a regular basis?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, cardio is going to be important if you are looking to lose weight on the hips....:32 (20):

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Extremely minimal past experience and nope, I don't work out at the gym.

Looks like 2019 is a new start lol.....the major part is ...you just gotta want it and do the work....there's nothing magical about it...we just have to bust ass!!

Cardio is # 1 for what you are looking for and weight training of course helps and is a positive thing in life!!!

Get started and we are always here to give support and advice!!

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG

Lots to learn hope you stick around to take advantage of it

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome to the UG. Lots of good peeps out here with tons of info. Stick around.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh, my mistake...

OK, I'm 5'5' and 140lbs. I'm 28 and I just want to lose a few pounds around my hips and put on a little muscle in my arms and chest. As far as my workout routine goes, it's pretty miniscule at this point. Other than doing sit ups every morning and wearing a waist trainer to keep my tummy flat that's about it. I eat pretty normally. Not many sweets, (except for on the weekends) pretty much three meals a day. As an example, yesterday I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, a garden salad for lunch and one chicken breast and a serving of green beans for dinner. Yeah, not a very good pic but that is me in the avi.

Your very pretty ... however I should state that SI is a bodybuilding form ... so we mostly discuss workouts, diets, and AAS cycles. With that said your diet seems clean ... and as Jen has stated you'd greatly benefit from cardio to lose weight and inches. You may consider joining a gym also as diet and cardio will only get you so far ... and how about sharing those weekend days meals .. I have an idea that's many empty calories are creeping in ...

Grizzly911

Elite
Reaction score
Oh, my mistake...

Welcome to the UG! I think Jenn is the best person to help you out on here. She has a lot of experience under her belt and she is all about progress. Make friends!

New Threads