How easy is it to beat testing?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
This isnt a question for me. I have no tests to beat but Im wondering how everyone gets away with it so easily.

It's obvious that steroids and GH are part of every sport from college on up. I think at this time, nearly all college football players are using, all nfl players, a large percentage of baseball players, all endurance athletes of every type, on and on and on.

I know the basics. Most organizations really dont want to catch anybody, lots of steroids cant be tested for, the use of short half lived drugs like test no ester and GH are high, etc.

Theres a great documentary called Icharus that explained a lot of this but I still dont know how easy it is for these guys. Is it something their coaches have to teach them, or is it just that easy?

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, yes, actually it is with some simple knowledge, very easy. If you know the testing date or window for testing and the half life of the PED (s) you're using it shouldn't be that difficult. I suspect most "random" testing isn't random at all. Part of the requirements to keep my license after alcohol rehab was to call a number to find out if I had to piss in the cup, every single day, for 4 years. I got off in 2 for good behavior. That was random. Every month in the Navy on some arbitrary day if your SSN ended in the number that was drawn form the hat, you pissed in the cup. Random.

Hey fellas, testing will be held during spring training camp is not random.

Pretty sure "random" is up for I interpretation to a certain degree and that's the key. I may be wrong, just my theory

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Ive heard MMA is the only sport with actual random testing.

3 college football players sat out of their bowl games for "trace amounts" of AAS. Guess they were slow clearers

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Well, yes, actually it is with some simple knowledge, very easy. If you know the testing date or window for testing and the half life of the PED (s) you're using it shouldn't be that difficult. I suspect most "random" testing isn't random at all. Part of the requirements to keep my license after alcohol rehab was to call a number to find out if I had to piss in the cup, every single day, for 4 years. I got off in 2 for good behavior. That was random. Every month in the Navy on some arbitrary day if your SSN ended in the number that was drawn form the hat, you pissed in the cup. Random.

Hey fellas, testing will be held during spring training camp is not random.

Pretty sure "random" is up for I interpretation to a certain degree and that's the key. I may be wrong, just my theory

Just to be clear; detection and half lives are not the same so don't assume only half- live has you out of the woods. Deca has a half life of about 12 days ± and can be detected up to a year and a half after use.

They do want the general public to think "Random" and "Mandorory" are the same thing.

G, shit is easy to beat if they have no intention of catching you. Good friend son is in and out of the pen for H. They call him 2 days before they are going to come and piss test him and don't show up for 3 days. He's clean! Shit is out of his system in 2 days.

As for PED's know what you're taking and the detection time and you'll be safe. I personally think that with most detection times getting longer and longer, the gains from the drug will be gone by the time you can pass a test.

My own personal belief: You go into a drug-free competition and do not meet that federations definition of "Drug-Free", you're a piece of shit regardless of how fast or strong you were.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Again, this isnt for me. Im talking about people in major sports. Ill be on trt forever so I aint passing shit even if I wanted to be an asshole

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Snake is correct and I should have clarified detection time. And I agree, if you enter a competition specified as drug free and tested and you aren't nd try to beat the test, well in that case you are indeed cheating. Having said that a lot of people would be amazed at the actual amount of competitive athletes as well as "recreationalc athletes, who are using some form of performance enhancing substance. I work with a former pro bicyclist who sais everybody is on, Armstrong just got targeted for a couple of specific reasons. And I had to laugh at the young female American swimmer who was looking down her nose at the Russians for their huge doping scandal. Young and naive. If you think for a minute our Olympic athletes aren't using, well, I've got some beach front property in North Dakota I can sell ya really cheap.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
All top level athletes are using or they wouldnt be top level athletes. Ive talked to division one football players that say their entire teams are on gear and that's just college.

Time to stop all testing and let people do what they want while maintaining their health with qualified physicians.

Merlin

Reaction score
It also depends on the actual test run. I know a couple guys who have use clean piss a couple days old. Could probably even freeze it depending on if there is a temperature strip on it, which most of the time there is.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
All top level athletes are using or they wouldnt be top level athletes. Ive talked to division one football players that say their entire teams are on gear and that's just college.

Time to stop all testing and let people do what they want while maintaining their health with qualified physicians.

My point is, it's not just top level athletes, that's a given. Brother, bikini division females at your local BB show are taking something. How many guys on this board even compete? What they need to do is change the scheduling classification from Schedule III. Unfortunately, you won't see that happen ever.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I think at this time, nearly all college football players are using, all nfl players, a large percentage of baseball players, all endurance athletes of every type, on and on and on.

not exactly the same accusation but along a similar line of irritating reverberation

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
I guess theyre similar in that theyre both accurate.....

someone on the outside of a sport shouldn't be flapping their gums about a presumption based on what they've heard or gather

whether or not its true is irrelevant & to each its own

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
someone on the outside of a sport shouldn't be flapping their gums about a presumption based on what they've heard or gather

whether or not its true is irrelevant & to each its own

Are you saying that pro wrestling is a real competition between two opponents?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Snake is correct and I should have clarified detection time. And I agree, if you enter a competition specified as drug free and tested and you aren't nd try to beat the test, well in that case you are indeed cheating. Having said that a lot of people would be amazed at the actual amount of competitive athletes as well as "recreationalc athletes, who are using some form of performance enhancing substance. I work with a former pro bicyclist who sais everybody is on, Armstrong just got targeted for a couple of specific reasons. And I had to laugh at the young female American swimmer who was looking down her nose at the Russians for their huge doping scandal. Young and naive. If you think for a minute our Olympic athletes aren't using, well, I've got some beach front property in North Dakota I can sell ya really cheap.

Swam under an Olympic coach for 4 years. Lost my virginity to a future Olympian. Never a hint of doping. Sure it may be happening on an individual level but I’d be cautious about assuming it’s widespread or even common in the pool (at least circa 2000).

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Swam under an Olympic coach for 4 years. Lost my virginity to a future Olympian. Never a hint of doping. Sure it may be happening on an individual level but I’d be cautious about assuming it’s widespread or even common in the pool (at least circa 2000).

All depends on the sport. Nobody is as dirty, or goes through the extremes to avoid being caught, as the cyclists.

Everybody is taking a little something in football. They have to. It's a war of attrition. I have personal friends who have played in the show and/or very close to it.

And the way the league tests, it makes it so you can "take a little something" until you're dumb enough to get caught. If they stopped testing, guys would be pushing usage to the limit. They are so big and fast now that it's scary. If they were able to go hog wild with PEDS - there would be deaths on the field. PEDs don't protect your brain or spinal chord.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
All depends on the sport. Nobody is as dirty, or goes through the extremes to avoid being caught, as the cyclists.

Everybody is taking a little something in football. They have to. It's a war of attrition. I have personal friends who have played in the show and/or very close to it.

And the way the league tests, it makes it so you can "take a little something" until you're dumb enough to get caught. If they stopped testing, guys would be pushing usage to the limit. They are so big and fast now that it's scary. If they were able to go hog wild with PEDS - there would be deaths on the field. PEDs don't protect your brain or spinal chord.

I dont know how anyone could withstand the abuse without trt and gh at a minimum. But there are absolutely players in both nfl and college pushing the AAS envelope further than just damage repair

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont know how anyone could withstand the abuse without trt and gh at a minimum. But there are absolutely players in both nfl and college pushing the AAS envelope further than just damage repair

absolutely true on all accounts. And they are. But they aren’t running a gram of test and deca year round either. But if there was no testing, you’d have the most genetically gifted athletes in america running Boston Lloyd doses of anything and everything that’s would help them on the field.

New Threads