Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    thanks for the post.

36 hours to get the food in your gut pretty much says it all. you can see the OMAD guys getting good results. it is unimaginable to try and eat 4000 cal in one sitting though.
    the science is there for IF for numerous heath reasons.
    As for eating and going to bed, there is evidence that you are doing less good than going to bed hungry for recovery.
    after it is all said and done if you need 4000 cal a day you should eat them but it doesn't matter when
    When life gives you melons you may be dyslexic.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 833 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Viduus View Post
    2) Keeping amino acid levels elevated in the blood. A car can’t keep driving very far if it’s running outnofngas every few hours. What I don’t know much about isnhow our body regulates protein levels in the blood. Does it have a feedback loop like blood sugar? Can the blood “store” protein somehow? (Beyond muscle) That would be the only argument that would make sense to me for regular protein intake. Admittedly, it’s why I eat protein every few hours.
    Protein metabolism is adaptive. Because evolution didn't design us to require extremely specific timing when it comes to the most important macro of them all.

Oh and we actually have infusion data showing that if you keep amino acid levels elevated in the blood all the time, your body down-regulates protein metabolism. We also know that it up-regulates protein metabolism in response to a sudden switch to reduce protein feedings. The body is ****ing amazing at making sure the net effect of these strategies is close to zero. No point fighting against it, just appreciate the awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Viduus View Post
    Zilla, any thoughts on the idea of post workout carbs to cause an insulin response and “shuttle protein”? That’s a commonly referenced tactic.
    I know protein causes an insulin response on its own... would the response from carbs improve it or is do you believe that’s all bro science?
    My thoughts can be summed up as "lol".
    Manipulating natural insulin levels is a waste of time and leads to nothing - something else I wrote a pretty damn good post about elsewhere that I'll need to find. This piece of broscience comes from guys who saw the magic of exogenous insulin and assumed that something similar could be replicated at a smaller level with natural levels. It cannot. Even with exogenous insulin, you need to use crazy high doses on a solo run to get a true growth benefit vs just some anti-catabolic action - discussed a bit here. The real magic comes when it is combined with AAS and GH.
    Proud misanthropist.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrRippedZilla For This Useful Post:

Seeker (01-14-2019),Uncle manny (01-14-2019),Viduus (01-14-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRippedZilla View Post
    Oh and we actually have infusion data showing that if you keep amino acid levels elevated in the blood all the time, your body down-regulates protein metabolism. We also know that it up-regulates protein metabolism in response to a sudden switch to reduce protein feedings. The body is ****ing amazing at making sure the net effect of these strategies is close to zero. No point fighting against it, just appreciate the awesomeness.
    This is fascinating. It makes a lot of sense since we’re so specialized for energy conservation. Why waste the energy to process more of a nutrient the body is in an over supply of. I’ll have to add this to the list of things to read up on... Thanks as usual...

“The only natural test-boosters I know of that work are compound lifting, steaks, and looking at boobies...” -Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12