Done due diligence on Arimidex vs Aromasin but still cant decide which to go with

loafie

Reaction score
Done due diligence on Arimidex vs Aromasin but still cant decide which to go with

Hi all

Background info: 27 years old, going to run my first cycle of 500mg Test E, HCG, and Nolavadex

The only part that Im still undecided on is using Arimidex vs Aromasin.

I was wanting to go with Arimidex as it is more forgiving as it wont crash E2 as much as Aromasin will as I learn to dial my dose in, but on the other hand I have read that Arimidex doesnt work well with Nolvadex.

Perhaps I could take Aromasin but at half the dosage and monitor my blood levels of E2, and if E2 is too high or too low then add or subtract from my original Aromasin dosage?

Basically Im kind of stuck here not knowing which one to go with.

Any advice for which one to go on for my first cycle?

cheers

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're overthinking it. Pick one and adjust as needed. You may not even need one at 500mg. Depends on the person.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you are going to take an AI Adex/Aromasin you shouldn't need to run Nolva. Also it is Adex that will wreck your E2 before Aromasin.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Anastrozole (Arimidex) is easier for me to adjust on the fly. Spongy is right that you may not need it but I would start with 0.5mg once a week. If you don't need it, it will be a small adjustment to stop. If you need more, it's a small adjustment to go up to 1 mg.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
For me, aromasin is easier to dial in. Anastrozole was a nightmare.
This just goes to show Snake is wrong.
No just kidding...it shows how everyone is different and you'll have to try one out to find out for yourself.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
unnecessary use of an AI just limits your full potential for gains. If you dont need it, don't use it. Always have it handy for if you do

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Adex lasts a little longer if pinning consistency is an issue. I’d use Adex for recreational purposes.

Aromasin seems to be better with cholesterol management if your in TRT. It’s more expensive and insurance doesn’t cover it most of the time. (Doesn’t seem to be your case)

daddyboul

Reaction score
You can either use it as a preventive measure and do what snake suggested or as others have said don't use it unless signs of high est show up. Personally, I would meet in the middle and do a very small dose and if signs of needing more arise up the dose. also Any ai is a powerful ai without proper bloodwork. stay safe.

Reaction score
Arimidex for sure imo. I’m estrogen sensetive and it controls it quickly and thoroughly.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I go by the nips..If they start getting that feeling(every juicehead knows that feeling) pop a dex or asin..done deal

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
and if its bad and not working add in the nolva...Always use all human grade products from a real pharmacy

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
I like Aromasin since its very lipid friendly compared to others...

loafie

Reaction score
and if its bad and not working add in the nolva...Always use all human grade products from a real pharmacy

Im getting my AI's and SERM from AllDayChemist, I think they get their products from legit pharmacies in Turkey?

loafie

Reaction score
Anastrozole (Arimidex) is easier for me to adjust on the fly. Spongy is right that you may not need it but I would start with 0.5mg once a week. If you don't need it, it will be a small adjustment to stop. If you need more, it's a small adjustment to go up to 1 mg.

Okay so this leads perfectly into another question that I had pop up in my head just now.

And that is on the 500mg dose of Test per week that Ill be on for my first cycle, I think there are two routes I can go,

The first being how I can preemptively take an AI at a low dose (without even experiencing high E2 sides), and then halfway through my 12 week cycle doing bloods and seeing if my E2 are in a good range, and then adjust my AI dose from there

The second being how I hold off on taking an AI and instead just wait and be very vigilant of high E2 sides, only beginning my AI regimen IF I experience high E2 sides.
The only thing with this second approach being that it makes me nervous that there will be an opportunity for my E2 levels to elevate and to somehow not notice breast tissue formation, since I have read that once the breast tissue formation gets to a certain point then AI will have no chance to reverse it, and then surgical removal becomes the only option.

I appreciate everyone's feedback!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes I chose Nolvadex as my PCT instead of Clomid (alongside one of the two AI's I listed)

Is that wrong??

You need Clomid & Nolva for pct.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
For recreational purposes?? Like a few lines of adex with a beer on a Saturday night??

Adex lasts a little longer if pinning consistency is an issue. I’d use Adex for recreational purposes.

Aromasin seems to be better with cholesterol management if your in TRT. It’s more expensive and insurance doesn’t cover it most of the time. (Doesn’t seem to be your case)

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
For recreational purposes?? Like a few lines of adex with a beer on a Saturday night??

Yeah, it sounded funny when I typed it. My first experience was TRT so I personally consider everything else recreation since it isn’t in response to being hypogonadal. I’d call it performance enhancement but I’d be lying to myself since I’m mostly doing it for vanity. Blanked on any better word :)

New Threads