Quad injections

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve been rotating quads in for a while now I’ve always done them from coming in from the side to the vastus lateralis muscle on the outside of the quad. But all the videos I see show the proper way as coming on vertically. Does it really matter? Getting in to the same muscle as far as I can tell just curious to see how the quad pinners here do it

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
x2, pin quads from the side. Whenever I've pinned 'em vertically I always nick a vein.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Ya I tried it vertically once and pretty sure I got a nerve. Sharp pain in knee and calf cramped up and hurt so bad I got nauseous
wrost pin ever I laid down and cried tears. Literally

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I hit 3 different spots on the side and also the middle head.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that from the side is the preferred way to do it from a medical perspective.

I personally notice less vein and nerve issues if I do it more to the side too. I have seen some videos of trt people doing it straight down and they don't seem to have any issues.. I've tried it both ways and side seems better.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I've done it both ways, straight stab and from the side. I prefer from the side because I tend to hit more nerves going straight down.

While we are on the subject, I notice that sometimes I get a pain along the muscle and other times it's like nothing. I still have yet to figure out why that happens.

Grego

Reaction score
pin my TRT in my quad on the side too many veins and nerves to hit in the front.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If pinning longer esters I hit ventroglutes ... if 3 times a week I rotate ventroglute and quad ..

daddyboul

Reaction score
Like others have said, don't do it vertically, the first couple times I pinned was vertically(probably watched the same fking videos you did) and everytime id either have to pin 4 different times until I aspirated air, and even when I did get air once the needle was removed blood came pouring out.... Took my dumbass enough times to figure to hit it from the side :)

Has

Reaction score
I've done it both ways, straight stab and from the side. I prefer from the side because I tend to hit more nerves going straight down.

While we are on the subject, I notice that sometimes I get a pain along the muscle and other times it's like nothing. I still have yet to figure out why that happens.

Pain during penetration? Nothing special, just hit a nerve probably, I just ignore this and inject.

I'm doing it while sitting. Pinning into the side, never aspirated blood. Never had abcess

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Pain during penetration? Nothing special, just hit a nerve probably, I just ignore this and inject.

I'm doing it while sitting. Pinning into the side, never aspirated blood. Never had abcess

Sorry, I'm talking post injection pain. I know those first few times the pain was my body getting used to having an injection at that particular site. Now it is random whether I will experience PIP/soreness. The odd thing is I inject at the top and my PIP is way lower.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Hands width down in the lateral at 90 degrees.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Always from the top for me, never had any major issues.....U should be able to see the veins and avoid pinning in that area....

El Gringo

Reaction score
Always from the top for me, never had any major issues.....U should be able to see the veins and avoid pinning in that area....
unless if you're 5 percent bf or on tren masteron or EQ or just have really high blood pressure, i don't see your point

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I get crippled by quad injections. Shoulders, glutes, and pecs for me. Have also tried traps and tris and wont do eithet again

New Threads