Most bang for your buck cardio?

Reaction score
Is what? I can’t run, that’s out. Knees will not put up with it. The bike doesn’t ever seem like a good enough burn, the stepper kicks my ass. Rowing machine kicks my ass. What’s king for fat burn?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Put the treadmill on the steepest setting and walk. Vary the speed between 3-4 mph. Good for cardio and fat burning without beating yourself to death. Enough of the stairclimber every week will cause overtraining on top of your lifting program.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Depending on your gym you could set up a little circuit. Sled pull/push, farmers walk, med ball slams. Few rounds of that you’ll be good. It does kick your ass but in a good way

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Put the treadmill on the steepest setting and walk. Vary the speed between 3-4 mph. Good for cardio and fat burning without beating yourself to death. Enough of the stairclimber every week will cause overtraining on top of your lifting program.

This right here but caution on the treadmill too. Constant incline work can lead to Achilles strain and heel issues. I've had to deal with some plantar fasciitis in my heels r/t excessive incline work.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
This right here but caution on the treadmill too. Constant incline work can lead to Achilles strain and heel issues. I've had to deal with some plantar fasciitis in my heels r/t excessive incline work.

It says you live in N Idaho. You should have hooves by now.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol how does the saying go? people drive to gym to walk on a treadmill. Lol I'd rather watch paint dry. Dude flip some tires, drag a weighted sled, swing a sledge hammer, do some outdoor hill sprints. Do some Rocky shit.

maxmuscle1

Elite
Reaction score
Versaclimber kills (professional gym version) and long walks(60-75 min) on the almighty step mill.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
lol how does the saying go? people drive to gym to walk on a treadmill. Lol I'd rather watch paint dry. Dude flip some tires, drag a weighted sled, swing a sledge hammer, do some outdoor hill sprints. Do some Rocky shit.

Stick something interesting on your phone like a good joe rogan podcast or some other shit on youtube and it's over in a flash.

I do usually spend a couple days a week climbing mtns though.....

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stick something interesting on your phone like a good joe rogan podcast or some other shit on youtube and it's over in a flash.

I do usually spend a couple days a week climbing mtns though.....

Haha sounds good for a rainy day. It rained hard here six days in row so I did stay inside a couple cardio seshes. but I did flip some tires and rode that dang cardio bike. lol could have used your suggestion then

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Iron mike tyson was on rogan the other day. Pretty good listen

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
If you can afford it, find a well accredited MMA/jiu jitsu gym.

It is, for me, the most fun thing i ever did. It also just so happened to be the absolute best way to get into cardiovascular shape. Which was jist a complete separate side bonus

Reaction score
I’m not going outside. It’s zero. Tire flipping will have to wait til spring. I’m also not climbing a mountain, ever. I’m not the out doorsy type lol. I’m content with finding something on YouTube and hammering down.

As for banging a thick chick, I need something in addition to that lol. Been doing that for years, still holding too much fat!

Reaction score
If you can afford it, find a well accredited MMA/jiu jitsu gym.

It is, for me, the most fun thing i ever did. It also just so happened to be the absolute best way to get into cardiovascular shape. Which was jist a complete separate side bonus

This actually would be perfect except I have zero free time for it. I do want to get my 5 year old into the Gracie school here though.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
your only option is a stationary machine or bike in the gym..

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
This actually would be perfect except I have zero free time for it. I do want to get my 5 year old into the Gracie school here though.

You think your shoulder is ****ed from lifting?......,

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
in terms of it kicking your ass..isnt that what youre looking for? Rowing machine is a great workout, kicks my ass too so i also tend to avoid it but i can use the bike and the treadmill, just cant use the treadmill every cardio session or my knees are screaming about 2 hours later.