Icarian Seated Calf Machine - amazing

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Just want to give some love to this old machine. Found one in a gym I’m visiting. This thing has a bottom stretch like no other... if you come across one, give it a try!

IMG_3461.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Seated calf machines are great for those who have “high” or short calves they build the gastrocs and help them pop out a little more. If you don’t have one you can do them seated with your toes on plates and a dumbell on your knee.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
The seated calf acrully builds the soleus and muscles underlying the gastrocs. To build gastrocs you need to do a straight leg movement. Refer to Google for calf anatomy. Seated calf raises should, however be the base to all clif work and if you're not doing them you're cheating yourself. Most of the size in your lower leg is going to come from the soleus and muscles underlying the gastrocnemeus.
Just like your interior arm size isnt primarily com in ng from your biceps, but from your brachialis. Thus with the arm hammer curls are a must for big guns

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
The seated calf acrully builds the soleus and muscles underlying the gastrocs. To build gastrocs you need to do a straight leg movement. Refer to Google for calf anatomy. Seated calf raises should, however be the base to all clif work and if you're not doing them you're cheating yourself. Most of the size in your lower leg is going to come from the soleus and muscles underlying the gastrocnemeus.
Just like your interior arm size isnt primarily com in ng from your biceps, but from your brachialis. Thus with the arm hammer curls are a must for big guns

Yup exactly what I meant got the gastrocs and soleus mixed up!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Seated calf machines are great for those who have “high” or short calves they build the gastrocs and help them pop out a little more. If you don’t have one you can do them seated with your toes on plates and a dumbell on your knee.

Never really thought of doing them that way. I’m going to give that a try.. good stuff!

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
Just want to give some love to this old machine. Found one in a gym I’m visiting. This thing has a bottom stretch like no other... if you come across one, give it a try!

My old gym had one! Miss it dearly.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Brb imagining what this is cause OP provide no reference such as pic or video :32 (19):

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Brb imagining what this is cause OP provide no reference such as pic or video :32 (19):

Luckily, I admired it enough to stop and take a picture earlier...

Unfortunately, I was too lazy to transfer it to my laptop since I can't upload photos from my iPhone. Updated now. Less sexy than what everyone was imaging but still amazing.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never was a fan of the seated calf machine. Donkey calf, which you rarely see but one of the gyms I got to has one is awesome.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Never was a fan of the seated calf machine. Donkey calf, which you rarely see but one of the gyms I got to has one is awesome.

Never used one. I’ll keep an eye open!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I wish my gym had one of those. The last few gyms I have belonged to have had the hammer strength seated calf machine and I have never been a fan of the angle it puts your feet on. This one looks nice and straight.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a hammer strength one...and I swear it doesn't do shit.

Though I walk on my toes for an hour after use.

New Threads