Ouch!!! Quad pin gone wrong

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Earlier today had an interesting experience while pinning quads. been using quads in my rotation for quite some time and never had this happen. Made sure to aspirate, no blood etc. halfway through pinning 1cc a sharp burning pain from the injection site down to my ankle and felt like all my tendons and muscles were cramping. Also a strong metallic taste in my mouth. Lasted for about a minute after finishing the pin. No more pain and no swelling etc. I am assuming I just got a nerve pretty bad or maybe knicked a vein on the way in or out and got some gear into it. I’ve hit a vein before and had a mad coughing fit which did not happen this pin. I am certain though I did not inject into a vein as I always aspirate.
bust just curious as this has never happened and was not able to find a reason for this on any medical pages I. normally reference for injections.

daddyboul

Reaction score
Hit a nerve, like tool said it happens, you would have the same test cough if you ended up going into a vein. A lot of times when injecting and applying pressure to the plunger it gives the needle a little extra push to hit some nerves.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I don’t pin quads unless I have to (pinning ed). This is one reason for abstaining.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
my butt puckers in anticipation whenever im about to pin a quad

it will either gunna go nicely or absolutely horrific

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
You hit a nerve. Happened to me too, sucks

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I hit a nerve and the muscle does that flinching thing, I like to make it dance to a beat. Like keep tapping the nerve. lol... Kinda sick I guess.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I've hit a nerve in my lat. That's always a good time.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I've hit a nerve in my lat. That's always a good time.

Ouchhhh! I tried to pin lats once but my flexibility was so bad I could barley reach and the needle went in and out the whole time.

Did a pec shot once for the “experience” will not recommend. The pip was horrible

daddyboul

Reaction score
Ouchhhh! I tried to pin lats once but my flexibility was so bad I could barley reach and the needle went in and out the whole time.

Did a pec shot once for the “experience” will not recommend. The pip was horrible

Tried a bicep shot with a 31g insulin needle(all I had at the time and the bicep was the only place I was confident that the ****er would reach the muscle), It honestly wasnt that bad as long as you dont expect to be able to contract your bicep

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Tried a bicep shot with a 31g insulin needle(all I had at the time and the bicep was the only place I was confident that the ****er would reach the muscle), It honestly wasnt that bad as long as you dont expect to be able to contract your bicep

i've pinned TNE in bis before.. stupid idea. don't think i'll do that again.

i want to do chest but, nervous i'll **** that up since i have more fatty tissue then a man does, i wouldn't quite know where to pin.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score

Really? I think pecs are one of the very best places to pin.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
walk it off or start pinning the arm pit

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don’t like pinning delts. Glute ,vg, quads

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
last thing i wanna try & do especially if it can possibly be avoided is get those titties all riled up

Yikes !

I havent done any real high volume before but a cc or less doesnt ever cause me any issues.

In order of most debilitating though I put quads on top of the pile! Tricep and traps were one and done for me too though. Dont know what I was thinking with the trap try.....

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I don’t like pinning delts. Glute ,vg, quads

Rear bundy. Rears. I still dont know where to locate my vg. No matter how many diagrams I see. I need someone to phsyically point it out to me.

New Threads