Leg routines for individuals with back pain

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Exactly same for me I avoided squats for years cause it hurt my back. Then stopped with my ego dropped weight right down and started again to build them up. I can’t actually remember the last time my back was bad now

I have had back issues as long as I can remember. Hack squats kill my back, can't really do them.

For me, squats actually helped my back over time. I started with the bar and worked my way up, finding the right stance and range of motion is key. Have you tried body weight squats to get started? For me this was a life changer. When I started I could throw my back out bending over to kiss my baby girl goodbye, now with squatting I have enough strength to not have to worry about silly shit like that.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Slant board? Are you talking about the little wooden platform that sits at about a 45 degree angle and you stand on that for squats? If so never tried those but don’t have a board at my gym but I can make one

Yeah but NOT at a 45° angle, keep it at 30°. I made my own and it's easy. As for weight, You don't need to go heavy either. You should really feel it hit your quads.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah but NOT at a 45° angle, keep it at 30°. I made my own and it's easy. As for weight, You don't need to go heavy either. You should really feel it hit your quads.

Of course you made your own hack squat...was that before or after you skinned the deer?

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Is it a problem with your spinal cord or just the lower muscles in your back? I use to not be able to do certain leg movements that would cause my lower back muscles to really flare up, and I found that increasing strength in my core really helped alleviate that pain as well as massaging the muscle. If its your spinal cord itself disregard what I just said completly, but I really like what Viduus said, I find those to really get the muscles going

Lower back muscle. Got a MRI and x Ray years back and no diagnosis. Growing up doctors would always tell me I had slight scoliosis. I just get intense lower back spasms when doing things that trigger my back pain

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
I have herniated disc's and find that belt squats actually feel good, decompressing the spine as the belt pulls the hips down.

New Threads