Dangers of keep test levels elevated year round

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Just to add in something else; if you're running that high on your TT, you're probably taking an AI to combat your high E2. We talk about the effects of AAS use but no one ever mentions the ancillaries. Could the use of an AI also have some adverse effects on our health?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Just to add in something else; if you're running that high on your TT, you're probably taking an AI to combat your high E2. We talk about the effects of AAS use but no one ever mentions the ancillaries. Could the use of an AI also have some adverse effects on our health?

Absolutely. Adex negatively affects cholesterol.
_____\__________

We need facts and studies in this thread and not opinions.

@MrRippedZilla

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. Adex negatively affects cholesterol.
_____\__________

We need facts and studies in this thread and not opinions.

@MrRippedZilla

I think that's the big problem. There are no real studies of long-term, high dose steroid use because it would be unethical to even conduct the study. We are all just guessing.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know that long-term, high doses of anything from test to tylenol is not healthy.

Reactions: Jin

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lets see where he is at after the next few tests.....

My father is on 200mg TRT from his doc and his last bloods came back at 1500 but not sure if it’s because it’s new to him he’s only been on for 7 weeks, his doctor did say it’s not uncommon to shoot up high and then after a few weeks stabilize down to the high hundreds

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
We need facts and studies in this thread and not opinions. @MrRippedZilla
NbleSavage asked for data showing causation between superphysiological test levels and heart disease. This data doesn't exist and will probably never exist for a myriad of reasons - some related to ethics (which I hate as you know), others to control problems.

I don't think a rational person needs conclusive data to understand that high doses of anabolics will take years off your life. Look into the entire process of anabolism - it goes completely against what is necessary for life longevity (mTOR signalling, IGF-1, gaining weight, creating new satellite cells, etc, etc). I studied the link between AAS and left-ventricular hypertrophy (LVH is a killer) years ago and concluded that those who didn't believe that AAS plays a role in LVH because we didn't have conclusion data showing causation were being...extremely naive. To put it politely. Especially with the constant deaths in the wrestling business.

The belief that cardio will counteract the negatives on the heart is about as logical as believing that diet will counteract the negatives on your lipids. Or that reducing stress will counteract the negatives on your BP. Not backed up by data and never going to be backed up by data because the MOA doesn't check out. Lifestyle changes to counteract the effects of high doses drugs? Yea...good luck with that.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lots of eye opening reality in this thread. Some out there still refuse to believe what's being said here.Thats too bad. I always knew what I was getting myself into. I have no hopes of miracles but I'm doing what I can to slow it down a little. It's ok, If I can just hang on to see my kids to grow up and become healthy, independent and successful people., I'll be good to go after that

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
lots of eye opening reality in this thread. Some out there still refuse to believe what's being said here.Thats too bad. I always knew what I was getting myself into. I have no hopes of miracles but I'm doing what I can to slow it down a little. It's ok, If I can just hang on to see my kids to grow up and become healthy, independent and successful people., I'll be good to go after that

ya I agree, the way I see it if AAS use causes me to go at 75 instead of 85 then I’m fine with that, with all the sports I’ve played and military plus my current job I am certain my body won’t work for shit by then anyway so may as well be gone by then instead of living in pain in my recliner but like you said as long as I get to see my kid grow up and make a life for herself I’m all set

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score

Great point!!
this is why I tend to let my estrogen be and not treat it even if it is out of range unless I begin to get issues but my estrogen sits at 70-90 on my blast and never have i gotten
Any signs of gyno or other issues but I keep AI’s on hand just in case but try not to take hem unless needed for this reason. I am lucky that I am not prone to this as my buddy got bad gyno from a TRT dose and has to take anastozole on his TRT 3x weekly

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol AI? rarely touch the stuff.

Reactions: Jin

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I cruise at no less than 900mg/week.

Blood work was always perfect.

I did stop all gear and training before, so right now I have cruised at 900mg-1g/week for only 7 or 8 weeks.

Before the gear break, I cruised at 900mg from 2016-2017. Perfect blood work. Calcium and RBC was on the higher end of normal.

Potassium-which 98% dont reach RDI and you're part of that 98%-cured my high BP. RDI=3,500mg of potassium.

High BP? Get 3,500mg potassium daily. I have to take 30 pills of 99mg pofassium daily to hit RDI.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
30 pills a day?? Holy wow.

Look, anyone that has reached a 3000ish test level has asked themselves if they could do it for long periods of time. Super man feeling, great gains, blah blah blah. Truth is that I begin to feel toxic at a certain point and want less chemicals in my body so I take breaks even from my TRT occasionally. Nothing wrong with taking a break, and after you run a decently long blast you'll probably hit the same point.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Look, anyone that has reached a 3000ish test level has asked themselves if they could do it for long periods of time. Super man feeling, great gains, blah blah blah. Truth is that I begin to feel toxic at a certain point and want less chemicals in my body so I take breaks even from my TRT occasionally. Nothing wrong with taking a break, and after you run a decently long blast you'll probably hit the same point.

FDA bans any OTC dose past 99mg. You have to get a script above 99mg.

98% of Americans dont reach 3,500 daily.

I researched for weeks-Potassium is a bigger cause of high BP than sodium is.

We don't intake a daily, higher Potassium:Sodium ratio. Thus, high BP is prevalent because of below RDI of potassium.

Try to intake 3,500mg potassium before medicine. It's very probable that your high BP will be cured. I stopped lisinopril and everything else.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I always thought Jin and Pillar were talking about more acute means to the end. I totally agree that bodybuilding alone will shorten your life whether drugs are involved or not. Having a larger body, eating more calories, higher BMR will all shorten lifespans. I guess, like most of you, I am not overly concerned whether I live to 90 or 85. Of course, by then we will all be getting intravenous stem cells so this all may be a moot discussion. :)

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Also, that would suck if I responded the way you do. I feel ao bad for ya; it's not fair to you.

I can stay on a gram of test for years and run 3g or 4g and not get negative sides. However, I think I'm done doing experiments with my body and AAS. I do have to admit that if anyone here wanted me to try something, I may not be able to turn it down. I'm a scientist nerd at heart.

Me being free of negative sides makes it even harder to not experiment. I got the perfect body to subject AAS experiments to. For FFS I don't even lose hair.

One WEIRD effect of 2g or more of Test was the night sweats. It was a mimic of Tren with the sweating. Below 2g, the sweating waa nonexistent.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
You must be 400lb ripped taking all that gear??

Also, that would suck if I responded the way you do. I feel ao bad for ya; it's not fair to you.

I can stay on a gram of test for years and run 3g or 4g and not get negative sides. However, I think I'm done doing experiments with my body and AAS. I do have to admit that if anyone here wanted me to try something, I may not be able to turn it down. I'm a scientist nerd at heart.

Me being free of negative sides makes it even harder to not experiment. I got the perfect body to subject AAS experiments to. For FFS I don't even lose hair.

One WEIRD effect of 2g or more of Test was the night sweats. It was a mimic of Tren with the sweating. Below 2g, the sweating waa nonexistent.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You must be 400lb ripped taking all that gear??

Should be. Older members will attest to my wildness and lack of discipline I had. My diet was my limiter. This is the first year, in years, that I have a 100% strict diet.

It makes me sad that NOW my diet is strict, after stopping fun experiments with AAS. It should've been strict before so I would have made mind blowing gains.

Iowabull

Reaction score
My father is on 200mg TRT from his doc and his last bloods came back at 1500 but not sure if it’s because it’s new to him he’s only been on for 7 weeks, his doctor did say it’s not uncommon to shoot up high and then after a few weeks stabilize down to the high hundreds
Is this 200mg a month or how often ?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
So what was the point of running gear like that to look no differfnt??

Should be. Older members will attest to my wildness and lack of discipline I had. My diet was my limiter. This is the first year, in years, that I have a 100% strict diet.

It makes me sad that NOW my diet is strict, after stopping fun experiments with AAS. It should've been strict before so I would have made mind blowing gains.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
The dangers? Okay, but what could be the potential benefits? Achieving demi-god status, scaling Mt. Olympus, and overthrowing Zeus himself?

New Threads