Dangers of keep test levels elevated year round

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I’ll give my disclaimer in advance, no I do not intend to ever do what I’m asking about. Just asking to learn and get y’all’s opinion on this.

I am curious what are the health risks for the guys who keep their test levels over 2000-3000 year round or indefinitely, i resd a members post here how he like staying on a blast levels indefinitely and even ran 3g of test for some time. I’m sure some pros stay above 3000 total test for years at a time.

What are he health risks of this? I am assuming major heart issue, cholesterol issues blood pressure. And I imagine an increase risk of heart attack or stroke.
i was given a talk by my doctor after my total test came back at 3000
however I know doctors can be highly critical and over react to the risks of AAS. But wanted to seek some of yalls input
not that I am disregarding my doctors advice as I for several months out of the year I drop my test levels to 900-1200 to give my body a rest as well as injection sites

I make sure to give blood 4 times a year at least and keep and eye on my blood pressure and stay up to date on my blood work.

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
U/pillarofbalance

He'll start this off with a bang

Long story short. You'll die quicker

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve been reading up on studies about steroid using bodybuilders and non steroid bodybuilders. I know studies can be flawed
but I’ve seen some say steroid use will increase risk of heart diease and others stated no they don’t. Some state that steroid uses Lowers HDL and created some risks of heart disease and even sudden death and I’ve seen some say that it can even improve heart health and lowered LDL. So I’m kind of at a crossroads on what to believe. Obviously there’s a smart way to use AAS and then there’s straiggt Up abusing them which of course abusing anything will have risks. But some studies stated “heavy steroid” use showed no increase risk for heart disease but it didn’t specify what heavy steroid use was and medical doctors definition of heavy steroid use will probably differ from our definition of heavy use

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Cardiomyopothy is caused by the heart having to work too hard. Thus is usually caused by high blood sugar and high blood pressure.
I would think if you kept your bp in range along with all other tests then you should be fine?

Having said that I'd like to see what others have to say, and if someone says it's bad then I'd like to see facts on why so, not just an opinion.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
The fact that so many bodybuilders with low bodyfat and an active lifestyle have died at young ages from heart attacks leads me to believe that at least some of it is factual.

Of course, but there's lots of irresponsible people in this world that dont keep on top of their health, whether it's an aas user or just an average schmoe.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Cardiomyopothy is caused by the heart having to work too hard. Thus is usually caused by high blood sugar and high blood pressure.
I would think if you kept your bp in range along with all other tests then you should be fine?

Having said that I'd like to see what others have to say, and if someone says it's bad then I'd like to see facts on why so, not just an opinion.

The heart is a muscle. It responds to AAS as well.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score

Ive been told by some guys that as long you you keep your BP and hemocrit I’m check the risks are not as bad

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Gains. The risk is gains.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
The heart is a muscle. It responds to AAS as well.

Yup.
When your bp is high and your arteries are constricted your heart has to work that much harder to pump the blood. I could be wrong but I believe if your bp is normal things should be ok.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You could get away with this for a couple years probably so long as you did blood work and managed things as best you can. Probably the more acute issue would be cardiovascular risks.

But hey only one way to find out! Just leave me your old lady's Snapchat before you go k?

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I figure other compounds would have more risk than testosterone, am I off base?
it appears that a TRT dose has more health benefits and no risks if properly monitored
but seems there is not concrete answer as to high testosterone for extended periods of time create a significant risk in and of itself assuming BP, cholesterol and hemocrit are Keep in range, is that a safe statement to say or am I way off?

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
You could get away with this for a couple years probably so long as you did blood work and managed things as best you can. Probably the more acute issue would be cardiovascular risks.

But hey only one way to find out! Just leave me your old lady's Snapchat before you go k?

She will prolly Snap you now with me still ticking she’s a little thot lol.
but we used to be into the swinging thing so honestly that statement may be true haha.

would you say test levels of 1500-2000 for a year or two at a time would be harmful? personally I don’t feel any different at 3000 than I do during my usual blast levels of about 2000 maybe a bit easier to stay leaner but as far as Gains or strength that extra thousand of test doesn’t seem to make a major difference so maybe more isn’t better once your up to 2000 or so

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Ive seen it said many places that adequate "time off" reverses many of the cardiac risks we typically associate with steroids but I dont know what that is based on.

In general though, the risks of carrying around a very large amount of muscle may be even greater than the risks of AAS use. Oxygenating a mass monster must be a really exhausting job.

I saw Dave Palumbo say recently (who holds a medical degree) that he thought that being a 300lb bodybuilder for any length of time was the cause of most deaths. Guys who got to that size and then stayed that size for really long careers (like Nasser) tended to be at the highest risk

daddyboul

Reaction score
Well, first of all, staying at those levels of test you can expect some serious muscle mass gains, the more muscle mass you have the more your heart has to work(muscle mass is very metabolic unlike adipose tissue). Usually(no matter how hard you try) having elevated test levels will come with increased blood pressure. Something that goes without talking a lot as well as the increase of insulin resistance. As a type I diabetic I notice this almost immediately when I'm on cycle I can find myself taking 4-5 times more insulin to cover the same amount of carbs as I would when I'm off cycle. I know some people here will dispute testosterone levels having any correlation with insulin resistance, but for me, its clear cut and obvious, so type II diabetes may be a danger of increased test levels. And then you also have the suppression of the immune system(this is really genetics over everything if you have a good immune system the suppression with test isn't going to make or break you, but if you have HIV/AIDS you might wanna watch it). Really, the dangers of test are no mystery, everyone here knows it can be dangerous, but making sure other aspects of your life are in shape can help mitigate these affects a lot, plus we dont do it because its safe or healthy we do it because we want to be massive, but really don't be ignorant or a Dave Palumbo and pretend there can literally be no negative effects associated with test in any way shape or form

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
Ive seen it said many places that adequate "time off" reverses many of the cardiac risks we typically associate with steroids but I dont know what that is based on.

In general though, the risks of carrying around a very large amount of muscle may be even greater than the risks of AAS use. Oxygenating a mass monster must be a really exhausting job.

I saw Dave Palumbo say recently (who holds a medical degree) that he thought that being a 300lb bodybuilder for any length of time was the cause of most deaths. Guys who got to that size and then stayed that size for really long careers (like Nasser) tended to be at the highest risk

Ya I have heard that too, I’ve read that serious powerlifters and bodybuilders will experience an enlarged ventricle in the heart even without the use of AAS and that serious powerlifting and bodybuilding can create issues with heart health. Makes sense after all too much of anything including muscle can be a bad thing....except booty....can never have too much big booty and I think Pillar will agree with me on that

New Threads