Dangers of keep test levels elevated year round

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve been reading up on studies about steroid using bodybuilders and non steroid bodybuilders. I know studies can be flawed but I’ve seen some say steroid use will increase risk of heart disease

This is why my Dr. had me check mine almost 5 years ago:D

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Don’t be naive.

What we do isn’t healthy.

Anything above testosterone only TRT (test levels not above 1,000 in the trough) will cost you (years off your life).

Eyes wide open. Weigh your risk vs reward.

You can disregard any study that concludes using AAS will yield health positive results in the long term.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Isn’t being over weight anyway a stress on your heart. 300lb fat **** will have a stressed heart just as a 300lb bodybuilder will have a stressed heart. Both over weight for there natural hearts function. Or am I just talking shit??

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Isn’t being over weight anyway a stress on your heart. 300lb fat **** will have a stressed heart just as a 300lb bodybuilder will have a stressed heart. Both over weight for there natural hearts function. Or am I just talking shit??

It isn’t healthy to be 300lbs.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The roided out 300 pounder didnt start at 300#, he most likely was an average 180# who wanted to compete or see how big he could get. So if u think the heart of a 180# can sustain the weight of 300# u are fooling yourself. Also TRT doesnt carry the same risks as someone taking multiple compounds at whatever dosages one chooses. When on TRT u are monitored, if test levels get back to normal or sky high the dr has the option to lower the dose or take u off completely. So its a game between patient, doctor, testing lab in order to remain in TRT....200mg for most (standard TRT dose) isnt going to get one to test over 1000....

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
That’s my point muscle or fat same stress on heart. The only thing a body builder could have advantage is his cardio as no 300lb fat **** is doing any unless he just started

It isn’t healthy to be 300lbs.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like the question posed, OP.

I'd be interested in any studies that demonstrate causation (not just correlation) between perpetually elevated Test levels - say in the 2000 range - and heart disease.

I'm in the camp that elevated Test obviously contributes to addtl muscle mass which ye, can tax the heart - but to the point being made as to how the 'heart is a muscle' it too can be trained (cardio?) and its capacities elevated to offset the addtl demands of being a bigger bloke. Of course being a heavy lad and not training yer cardiovascular system is a recipe for a heart attack, but what of those athletes who do train cardio alongside their resistance training?

Assuming we keep diet constant for sake of this discussion (meaning yer not ingesting a metric fook ton of junk food contributing to cholesterol problems) is it not the corresponding blood pressure issues from having a big body and a weaker heart that'll get ye if left unmanaged rather than anything brought on by the Test itself?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score

Both are tougher on the heart but the 300 lbs of muscle requires much more work to keep oxygenated. Rich Piana's heart was 2.5x the size of a normal healthy person.

I see Jin and Pillar say regularly, "this will take years off your life", but I dont think that's necessarily true. I think the key to doing this is "get in/get out". I think if you want to set some goals and spend 5-10 years using AAS responsibly you can really minimize health risks. But at some point as you start to get older, you have to accept that it's time to reduce muscle mass, drop the gear and live in a more realistic body.

It seems that all the guys who went this route are living very healthy lives in their older years. But the guys who try to carry the party on end up losing many many years.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score

I see Jin and Pillar say regularly, "this will take years off your life", but I dont think that's necessarily true.

How’s the weather on your Pink Cloud?:32 (19):

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
How’s the weather on your Pink Cloud?:32 (19):

It's always kinda dreary to be honest.

Id like to know why you disagree with me Jin. I mean, I know guys who are now in their late 60s who have been on for the better part of 50 years. Their use seems crazy to me but that's their passion.

Drinking is horrible for you and will take years off your life but I did it to excess every day for probably 15 years. I cut it out of my life and I can see my body healing still now over 4 months later. Now, unless I have some cancer down in my stomach or something, Im not going die early from those years of abuse. How is AAS different? Seriously wanting to learn.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
The other thing to question is how much cardio any bodybuilder really does. Bodybuilders seem to believe that cardio removes muscle so they use mostly diet to get bodyfat down. Huge muscular body, little cardio, large amounts of weight training. The heart continues to get larger but loses elasticity and function. Could large amounts of cardio negate the other risks?

The bodybuilders of Arnold's day did shitloads of cardio. They did it all the time. Didnt see any of them dropping dead.

Reaction score
The other thing to question is how much cardio any bodybuilder really does. Bodybuilders seem to believe that cardio removes muscle so they use mostly diet to get bodyfat down. Huge muscular body, little cardio, large amounts of weight training. The heart continues to get larger but loses elasticity and function. Could large amounts of cardio negate the other risks?

The bodybuilders of Arnold's day did shitloads of cardio. They did it all the time. Didnt see any of them dropping dead.
Their drug use was far less than bodybuilders of today. Not saying cardio doesn’t help, just saying it’s not really apples to apples.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Their drug use was far less than bodybuilders of today. Not saying cardio doesn’t help, just saying it’s not really apples to apples.

But far more than most recreational bodybuilders. Im sure if any of us knew what Dallas McCarver was putting in himself we would say, that dude's gonna die" but to me, that kind of abuse is more like suicide. A lot of the guys of today just seem like they're asking for it. It's very sad

Reaction score
I’ll give my disclaimer in advance, no I do not intend to ever do what I’m asking about. Just asking to learn and get y’all’s opinion on this.

I am curious what are the health risks for the guys who keep their test levels over 2000-3000 year round or indefinitely, i resd a members post here how he like staying on a blast levels indefinitely and even ran 3g of test for some time. I’m sure some pros stay above 3000 total test for years at a time.

What are he health risks of this? I am assuming major heart issue, cholesterol issues blood pressure. And I imagine an increase risk of heart attack or stroke.
i was given a talk by my doctor after my total test came back at 3000
however I know doctors can be highly critical and over react to the risks of AAS. But wanted to seek some of yalls input
not that I am disregarding my doctors advice as I for several months out of the year I drop my test levels to 900-1200 to give my body a rest as well as injection sites

I make sure to give blood 4 times a year at least and keep and eye on my blood pressure and stay up to date on my blood work.

iam one of those folk you are talking about.
bp is sweet ,120/80hart is sweet,69-70 at rest kok is sweet.allways hard.haha
and thats coming up to 4 years now.blasting,at3g,and some crusing at a gram.
happydays
I dont eat shite
and I do cardio when not on the tren run.
oh aye and just fathered a baby girl at the age of 51,tren baby .happydays.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Still not true. Golden Era guys died young or had health problems too.

Avg NFL player dies between 53- 60. Most of them have taken something along the way too and I'm sure it contributes.

We are all playing with fire. It's personal decision as to whether or not you think it's worth it. Nothing makes me laugh more then when bros on the boards say Dr's don't know what they are talking about. Find a good Dr. They're out there.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I'm taking about the difference between dying at 85 vs 80 (or 82 vs 80). Not dying in your 50-60’s.

Although you certainly could abuse steroids to the point where it would take decades instead of years off.

My grandfather was a pack a day smoker and alcoholic and he lived into his 70’s.

Life expectancies are increasing. I’m ok taking a little back off the top for something I love.

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
The roided out 300 pounder didnt start at 300#, he most likely was an average 180# who wanted to compete or see how big he could get. So if u think the heart of a 180# can sustain the weight of 300# u are fooling yourself. Also TRT doesnt carry the same risks as someone taking multiple compounds at whatever dosages one chooses. When on TRT u are monitored, if test levels get back to normal or sky high the dr has the option to lower the dose or take u off completely. So its a game between patient, doctor, testing lab in order to remain in TRT....200mg for most (standard TRT dose) isnt going to get one to test over 1000....

My father is on 200mg TRT from his doc and his last bloods came back at 1500 but not sure if it’s because it’s new to him he’s only been on for 7 weeks, his doctor did say it’s not uncommon to shoot up high and then after a few weeks stabilize down to the high hundreds

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm taking about the difference between dying at 85 vs 80 (or 82 vs 80). Not dying in your 50-60’s.

Although you certainly could abuse steroids to the point where it would take decades instead of years off.

My grandfather was a pack a day smoker and alcoholic and he lived into his 70’s.

Life expectancies are increasing. I’m ok taking a little back off the top for something I love.

Genetics have the most to do with everything. Rich Piana did NOT have any coronary artery disease in his autopsy. Enlarged heart - yes. Clogged arteries - no.

I work with a guy who's morbidly obese. I mean a seriously disgusting, mouth-breathing, pack a day smoking, 400lb pile of lard. He gets out of breath after 10 steps. I busted his balls to the point of him bringing in his physical results to prove he's "healthy". `120/80 BP and blood work to die for lol. His father is 98 and still mows the lawn with a push mower. Guys says his old man still smokes a pack of lucky strikes a day and drinks daily.

If you have a family history of heart conditions - like my family - you're really playing with fire. I just accept it. I'm pretty much trt only at this point since my priorities have changed since I'm now pushing 40. Small blast a year is it.

New Threads